Wolfeboro, NH 03894
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- University of North Carolina Most people are attracted to Brewster for the campus, but the community is worth so much more than the photographs. In all my years of education, I have never met faculty and staff so devoted. . .
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill We have a beautiful view of the lake right as you drive onto campus where you have a clear view of the mountains and even a view of Gunstock. Along with the physical attributes of. . .
- Siena College Brewster’s location and community makes it a special place compared to any other prep school in New England. With the lake bordering our athletic fields, and the mountains off in the distance, the opportunity to. . .
- University of Redlands Going to boarding school was arguably one of the best decision that my parents and I made. While going away from home was hard at first, I soon integrated into the high school community. By. . .
- Boston College One of the most unique aspects to Brewster Academy is the amazing location. This prep school sits right on the beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee. The stunning view from both the academic building as well as the. . .
Top 10 Placements
Listed among the top 10 schools with 200-400 students (out of 125 schools) for:
- Category Attribute
- School History Oldest founding date
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Brewster Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||80 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||358 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Bi-Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||8||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$15 million||$16 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$23,230||$21,275|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||54||-|
|Director of Admissions||Lynne M. Palmer|
Margaret Martin, Associate Dir
|Associate Director of Admissions||Jason Smith, Associate Dir|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||8||16|
|Courses||Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Macroeconomics, Statistics, U.S. History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13||14|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Tennis|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||24||23|
|Extracurriculars||Brewster Big Friends, Chamber, Clearlakes Chorale, Computer Graphics, Conditioning, Drama Club, Environment Club, Faith Community, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), HOWL, a chorus, Interact Club, International Club, Jazz Club, Mundiamo Club, Outdoor Skills, Photography, Pottery, Recreational Snow Sports, Spinning, Strength Training and Conditioning, Tennis, Touch Football, Wind Ensemble, Yoga|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
Brewster, a college preparatory school, acknowledges individual learning style differences, employs best practice research in teaching and learning, offers a mastery-based curriculum, and supports this within a technical medium leading to a highly interactive and collaborative learning environment. In late spring, students immerse themselves in project-based learning opportunities.
- In addition to its academics, Brewster has a comprehensive community life program that supports student growth by promoting community and leadership skills and emphasizes the need for balance among academics, athletics, and residential life. Through a partnership with the Yale Center for Emotional Literacy, Brewster is the first boarding school to implement an emotional literacy program into its curriculum. The school's athletic program offers interscholastic, instructional, and recreational sports all with an emphasis on sportsmanship, personal growth, and development.
- Brewster Academy is a flourishing, innovative secondary school in one of the most picturesque areas of New England -- on the shores of Lake Winnipesaukee and a short drive from the majestic White Mountains -- yet less than two hours from Boston. A predominantly white clapboard, unified, and tidy campus boasts 20 faculty residences and dormitories to bring a strong on-campus adult and family presence to this quintessential boarding school community. An imposing academic building dominates the center of campus and a 50,000 square-foot athletics facility is nestled into the hillside, overlooking the playing fields, the lake, and the mountains.
- For details visit: http://www.brewsteracademy.org/applying
- School accreditations: New England Association of Schools and Colleges Inc.
Submit Review for Brewster Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12, PG | 400 students 74.7 miles39 School Street, P.O. Box 8000
Ashburnham, MA 01430
Grades: 9-12, PG | 257 students 21.4 miles30 School Street
Tilton, NH 03276