5.00 (2 reviews)785 Beaver Street
Waltham, MA 02452
Gr: (Boarding) 9-12, PG | 180 students
- With a history that goes back more than 175 years, Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall School is a small, coeducational day and boarding school for students in grades 9 to 12 and postgraduate.
- Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall offers a unique, challenging college preparatory curriculum in addition to an array of arts, athletics, and other dynamic opportunities for students to discover new interests and reach their individual potentials.
- Our 40-acre, gorgeous, tree-lined campus is just 10 miles from Boston, boasting a location that allows students to immerse themselves in various cultural opportunities throughout the school year.
- CH-CH is home to a diverse group of students from a multitude of states and countries who share the desire and potential to achieve greater academic success, while our experienced, dedicated and creative faculty shares the responsibility of teaching the way our students learn.
- CH-CH students find a learning environment that is academically challenging and innovative, coupled with the option of receiving additional academic help within our cohesive Skills and Academic Support program.
- All aspects of life at CH-CH, from weekly teacher-written progress reports to an individualized approach to college counseling, are student-centered. Our encouraging, compassionate and supportive community climate fosters leadership, respect, creative thinking and independence in our students.
- The primary focus of our active curriculum and environment is to successfully prepare our students for college, and beyond. We are dedicated to differentiated classroom instruction, and have developed a "multiple intelligences" approach to teaching and learning which allows us to focus on providing students with a range of engaging learning opportunities both in and out of the classroom.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Wentworth Institute Of Technology At CHCH the multiple intelligences approach to teaching is utilized. This allows students to learn from a new approach. What really sets our school apart is the sense of community. Being a school of such. . .
- Ithaca College Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall (CHCH) caters specifically to students learning needs. All teachers base their methods on Howard Gardner's learning style of "multiple intelligences." CHCH really puts places emphasis in different ways of learning. Also available. . .
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Chapel Hill-Chauncy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||11-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||40 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||180 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||10 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||15||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Tuition international students||$56,975||$47,400|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Lisa Pelrine|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Susie Horan|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||15||16|
|Courses||Advanced 2-D Design, Advanced French Studies, Advanced Physics, Advanced French Studies, Advanced Photography, Advanced Spanish Studies, Advanced Wheel Throwing, AP Calculus A/B, AP Environmental Science, AP Literature and Composition, AP Studio Art, AP US Government and Politics, Calculus II, Honors Algebra II with Trig, Honors Precalculus|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||11||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||11||23|
|Extracurriculars||Admission Tour Guides, Diversity Club, Drama Club, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), International Student Club, National Honor Society, Social Media Intern, Student Government, Student Newspaper, Students of Color Alliance, Yearbook|
|Year: 2015 - 2016||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|College of the Holy Cross||4|
|Rochester Institute of Technology||4|
|Franklin and Marshall College||2|
|Hobart and William Smith Colleges||2|
|University of Hartford||2|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Skills and Academic Support Program with seamless integration into the curriculum
- Day and Boarding
- English Language Learners Program
- Weekly Advisory
- Multiple Intelligence Approach to teaching and learning
- Grade Level Programs
- Student/Faculty Advisory Program
- Community Service Requirements & Cultural Opportunities
- Summer Camp Programs - Running Brook Day Camp, Adventures Program for teens, Art Camp
- Fine Arts Certificate Program
- Math and Science Certificate Program
- Independent Study Opportunities
- 'Spring Term' Experiential Learning Program
- Summer College Counseling Bootcamp
- 100% College/University Placement
- Individualized College Counseling
- LD types supported: Yes
- School accreditations: NAIS, TABS, AISNE, NEASC
Submit Review for Chapel Hill-Chauncy Hall
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12, PG | 250 students 45.3 miles172 Ash Street
Winchendon, MA 01475
March 16, 2017
Explore the incredible variety of athletics which schools offer. Athletics are not optional in boarding school. Athletics are one part of a comprehensive program most schools adopt to educate the whole child in mind, body and spirit.
March 15, 2017
"Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you..." Brought to you by Boarding Schools in the USA
March 15, 2017
North American boarding schools regularly send admissions staff overseas to hold recruitment fairs in your area.