5.00 (4 reviews)Pullens Lane Headington
Oxford 30, United Kingdom
Gr: (Boarding) 11-12 | 200 students
This is a typical dorm room in Cotuit Hall. With a spacious area and natural light, it is easy to make this place feel like home.
Tuition includes various field trips, museum visits and university visits throughout the United Kingdom. Our campus is only an hour from London by bus.
Our students take part in several sports outside of the classroom. Soccer/Futbol is one of our most popular sports offered.
Students enjoy the proximity to the city centre of Oxford. Only a 20 minute walk, 10 minute bike ride or bus ride into the heart of Oxford.
- The EF Academy Oxford is located a 20-minute walk from Oxford`s city center.
- Located in a restored, centuries-old mansion known as Cotuit Hall, our campus features traditional buildings updated with multimedia classrooms, language and science laboratories, and several inviting student lounge areas, as well as full access to the excellent educational and leisure amenities offered at the adjoining EF International Language Centers campus.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Not yet confirmed 100% International students from around the world, professional university guidance counsellors to help with university application, Powerschool, which is an online system, allows parents to access for student's attendance, comments from teachers and grades. . .
- Still an IB student at school. I would say that the uniqueness of Oxford EF Academy is in its location because it is really not far away from the City Centre (20 min walk or 5-10 mins by bus), its also. . .
- University of Westminster EF Academy is the only international boarding school which has many cultural diversities with students from 72 different countries that has given the student a lot of opportunities not only studying in the UK either. . .
- EF Academy Oxford As this was my first time in an international school abroad, I found it to be friendly and caring, the teachers always encourage us to make the most of studying in Oxford and I sure. . .
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|EF Academy Oxford|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 11-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|% International Students||
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:4|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||27|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
(shared dormitory, 3 meals weekdays, 2 on weekends)
(twin room in host family, 3 meals daily weekdays)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 31 / Mar. 15 / rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Jason M. Kirschner|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Lauren Utnick|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||2 Interscholastic Sports|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||23 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Business Club, Circuit Training, Computer Club, Cooking Club, Debate Club, Drama Club, Duke of Edinburgh Award, Electronics Club, Film Club, Gardening Club, History Club, International Club, Model United Nations, Oxfam Group, Photography Club, Rugby Club, Running Club, Soccer, Table Tennis Club, The Music Society, Visual Arts Club, Yearbook, Yoga Club|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Local Goes Global
- Our students come from more than 75 countries, including the United Kingdom, while our faculty represents over 40 countries. This unique atmosphere provides students with an advantageous experience, one that enhances their worldview in addition to their resume. We emphasize areas of study such as languages, cross-cultural communication, sciences and world history that are increasingly in demand in the global marketplace, and is conveniently located near Oxford's city center.
- IB Advantage
- According to the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO), students who participate in IB Programs are more than twice as likely to be accepted to the Top 50 universities in the United States. With over 30 IB course offerings, EF Academy is proud to be an IB World School. Students in EF Academy programs have earned places at top universities including Oxford, Cambridge, University of Michigan, Columbia, University of Southern California, Columbia, St. Andrew's, NYU, UCLA, Williams College, Johns Hopkins University, University of Virigina, and UC Berkeley.
- Worldwide Leader in Education
- EF Academy is a division of EF Education First, a global leader in the field of international education. Founded in 1965, EF Education First is the largest private educational organization in the world. EF`s Hult International Business School is ranked among the Financial Times` top 100 business schools. EF is also well known for its study-abroad and language programs, and it has cared for and educated thousands of young people in during is near 50-year history.
- LD types supported: Mild ADD/ADHD, case-by-case for all other differences
Submit Review for EF Academy Oxford
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12, PG | 400 students 38.6 milesColdharbour Lane
Thorpe, Surrey TW20 8TE, United Kingdom tw20 8te
44 0 1932 58231638.69-12, PG400
Grades: 9-12, PG | 515 students 4714.3 miles2735 Mt. Baker Road
Mill Bay, BC V0R 2P1, Canada 1
Grades: 9-12 | 260 students 3131 miles80 chemin Moulton Hill
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1M 1Z8
March 16, 2017
Explore the incredible variety of athletics which schools offer. Athletics are not optional in boarding school. Athletics are one part of a comprehensive program most schools adopt to educate the whole child in mind, body and spirit.
March 15, 2017
"Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you..." Brought to you by Boarding Schools in the USA
March 15, 2017
North American boarding schools regularly send admissions staff overseas to hold recruitment fairs in your area.