3042 College St.
Austinburg, OH 44010
Austinburg, OH 44010
Tel: (440) 275-2811 x225
Gr: (Boarding) 8-12, PG | 110 students
Grand River Academy, founded in 1831, is located in northeast Ohio, about an hour east of Cleveland.
GRA is a college preparatory boarding and day school that helps young men, grades 8 - Post Graduate, activate their academic, emotional and social potential and prepares them for lifelong success.
In addition to the traditional school year, GRA offers a five-week Summer Academy and also has a 100% college acceptance rate among graduates.
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Grand River Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||8-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||200 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||110 students||295 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||1560||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||22||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Dress shirt, dress pants, and a tie)
|Average Class Size||6 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$1 million||$16 million|
|Tuition international students||$52,460||$47,425|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$6,000||$22,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Peter Wickman|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||17||23|
|Extracurriculars||Animation Club, Bowling Club, College Club, Computer Club, Digital Art, Fishing Club, Flag, Games Club, Guitar Club, Health, Hiking Club, Movie, Open, Paintball, Proficiency, Service, Skiing|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- GRA offers a college-prep curriculum with smaller class sizes (6:1 student:teacher ratio), and focused attention on the individual student. Learning is also emphasized outside of the classroom, as our program helps to develop young men emotionally and socially as well.
- Extracurricular activities include a variety of varsity sports, a no-cut athletic policy, and clubs/organizations that are student driven by current interests.
- Foundations Learning Program that is a credited, elective course that builds the foundation for academic success through comprehensive educational support. Includes a learning style inventory and assessment and daily sessions that are designed to promote independent learning through individualized tutorials that emphasize organizational skills, time management, and self-advocacy.
- The Productive Growth Center, a unique program that provides not only a dedicated space for individual and group counseling, but also an interactive and recreational space featuring a hand tool workshop.
- LD types supported: Mild Learning Differences, ADD/ADHD and Executive Functioning Deficits
- School accreditations: TABS, OAIS, NAIS, ODE, ISACS
Submit Review for Grand River Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12 | 195 students 271.3 miles273 Mayo Drive
St. George, VA 22935
Grades: 6-12, PG | 110 students 304.1 miles583 Sugartown Road
Malvern, PA 19355
Grades: 7-12, PG | 298 students 520.3 miles520 Hwy. 1 North
Camden, SC 29020
Grades: 7-12, PG | 250 students 350.2 miles200 Military Drive
Chatham, VA 24531
Grades: 9-12, PG | 200 students 115.2 miles1888 Brett Lane
Saltsburg, PA 15681
October 14, 2016
"I'm wasting my time thinking about boarding school." No, you're not. Here's why.
September 19, 2016
Sustainable schools have become a part of our 21st century educational fabric.
September 14, 2016
Boarding schools are a subset of private schools which many people don't know much about. Here are five points to ponder as you research boarding schools.