3042 College St.
Austinburg, OH 44010
Austinburg, OH 44010
Tel: (440) 275-2811 x225
Gr: (Boarding) 8-12, PG | 110 students
Grand River Academy, founded in 1831, is located in northeast Ohio, about an hour east of Cleveland.
GRA is a college preparatory boarding and day school that helps young men, grades 8 - Post Graduate, activate their academic, emotional and social potential and prepares them for lifelong success.
In addition to the traditional school year, GRA offers a five-week Summer Academy and also has a 100% college acceptance rate among graduates.
|Definition of Terms
2015 School Data
|Grand River Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||8-12, PG||11-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||200 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||110 students||297 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||1560||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||22||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Dress shirt, dress pants, and a tie)
|Average Class Size||6 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$1 million||$16 million|
|Tuition international students||$52,460||$46,875|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$6,000||$21,275|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Peter Wickman|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||17||23|
|Extracurriculars||Animation Club, Bowling Club, College Club, Computer Club, Digital Art, Fishing Club, Flag, Games Club, Guitar Club, Health, Hiking Club, Movie, Open, Paintball, Proficiency, Service, Skiing|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- GRA offers a college-prep curriculum with smaller class sizes (6:1 student:teacher ratio), and focused attention on the individual student. Learning is also emphasized outside of the classroom, as our program helps to develop young men emotionally and socially as well.
- Extracurricular activities include a variety of varsity sports, a no-cut athletic policy, and clubs/organizations that are student driven by current interests.
- Foundations Learning Program that is a credited, elective course that builds the foundation for academic success through comprehensive educational support. Includes a learning style inventory and assessment and daily sessions that are designed to promote independent learning through individualized tutorials that emphasize organizational skills, time management, and self-advocacy.
- The Productive Growth Center, a unique program that provides not only a dedicated space for individual and group counseling, but also an interactive and recreational space featuring a hand tool workshop.
- LD types supported: Mild Learning Differences, ADD/ADHD and Executive Functioning Deficits
- School accreditations: TABS, OAIS, NAIS, ODE, ISACS
Submit Review for Grand River Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 6-12, PG | 110 students 304.1 miles583 Sugartown Road
Malvern, PA 19355
Grades: 9-12 | 195 students 271.3 miles273 Mayo Drive
St. George, VA 22935
Grades: 7-12, PG | 298 students 520.3 miles520 Hwy. 1 North
Camden, SC 29020
Grades: 7-12, PG | 250 students 350.2 miles200 Military Drive
Chatham, VA 24531
Grades: 9-12, PG | 200 students 115.2 miles1888 Brett Lane
Saltsburg, PA 15681