P.O. Box 227
Prides Crossing, MA 01965
Prides Crossing, MA 01965
Gr: (Boarding) 9-12 | 476 students
Landmark is a coeducational boarding and day school offering a full range of customized programs for students with dyslexia and other language-based learning disabilities.
With a college preparatory high school, a middle school, and an elementary school, Landmark is one of the most comprehensive schools serving students with language-based learning disabilities in the United States.
Landmark accepts bright students who are emotionally healthy, motivated to learn, but need remedial help with reading, writing, spelling, listening, speaking as well as mathematics.
With a 1:3 teacher-student ratio, the key to Landmark`s successful model is the daily one-to-one tutorial.
A personalized tutorial curriculum is designed to remediate specific language needs, which may encompass decoding, fluency, phonological awareness, written composition, and organizational skills.
In addition, Landmark offers a Summer Program which combines intensive, academic skill development with recreational activities.
A personalized program including a daily one-to-one tutorial is designed for each student to improve reading, writing, spelling and study skills.
The Summer Program accepts students in grades 1-12, who possess average to superior intelligence, a history of healthy emotional development, and have been diagnosed with a language-based learning disability.
Situated on two beautiful campuses just 25 miles north of Boston, students take advantage of its North Shore location and its many cultural opportunities.
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Landmark School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||2-12||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||45 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||476 students||295 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Monthly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Khaki pants and collared shirt)
|Average Class Size||8 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:3||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$10 million||$16 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Elizabeth Parker|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Melody O'Neil|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||14||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
- Founded in 1971, Landmark School is a coeducational boarding and day school with elementary, middle, and college preparatory high school programs for students with language-based learning disabilities (LBLD).
- Our students are emotionally healthy, motivated to learn and possess average to superior intelligence.
- With a teacher/student ratio of 1:3, Landmark emphasizes daily one-to-one tutorials and an individualized approach to teaching. We focus on skill acquisition and achievement and 92% of Landmark graduates go on to college.
- Students enjoy competitive athletics, performing arts, visual and practical arts, technology electives, clubs and community service.
- The Residential Life Program offers a structured, supportive living and learning environment.
- Summer programs for students in grades 1-12 combine academic skill development with recreational and hands-on activities.
- Landmark is located on two campuses along Boston's beautiful North Shore.
- Landmark is a pioneer in the field of LBLD.
- Landmark`s mission includes an extensive Outreach Program of Professional Development courses, workshops and publications for educators, administrators, clinicians and parents.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia/Language-based Learning Disabilities, such as dyslexia
- School accreditations: NEASC, NAIS, AISNE, MAAPS, Mass. DOE
Submit Review for Landmark School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12, PG | 400 students 55.7 miles39 School Street, P.O. Box 8000
Ashburnham, MA 01430
Grades: 9-12, PG | 650 students 90.6 miles7 Boyden Lane
Deerfield, MA 01342
Grades: 9-12, PG | 650 students 85 milesOne Lamplighter Way
Mount Hermon, MA 01354
Grades: 9-12, PG | 165 students 24.2 miles785 Beaver Street
Waltham, MA 02452
Grades: 9-12 | 397 students 37.9 miles26 Powderhouse Road, PO Box 992
Groton, MA 01450