301 Menaul Blvd. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87107
Albuquerque, NM 87107
Gr: (Boarding) 9-12 | 185 students
- Founded in 1896, Menaul School is an International Independent day and boarding school located in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA. The school serves grades 6 to 12 and has approximately 180 students.
- With a combination of academic rigor, highly-personalized educational support, and a focus on college preparation, Menaul School challenges students academically and shapes them into dynamic, balanced, critical-thinking individuals. Menaul School holds an historic position in the state of New Mexico's educational foundations.
- Situated in a park-like setting in the heart of Albuquerque, Menaul School has easy access to shopping, movies, restaurants, museums.
- The bus line runs in front of the school, and rail and air transportation is within 5 minutes.
- Menaul is close to such learning resources and institutions as the Sandia Laboratory, University of New Mexico, Los Alamos Lab, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology and numerous high technology and biotechnology firms.
- Close at hand are other renowned cultural and recreational resources such as the Sandia Wilderness, Rio Grande bosque, Santa Fe, Taos and millions of acres of protected national forest.
- The joy of learning, sharing, teaching, and giving all within a supportive and unified structure, creates the perfect atmosphere for the development of exceptional citizens.
- Our team of committed staff, administrators and faculty are not only present each day in the classroom but they are coaches, role models and advisers.
- In an atmosphere of encouragement and support, students are given clear expectations and positive modeling that helps to instill a passion for learning and responsible living.
- Our college preparatory curriculum is designed to build the skills necessary for the demanding program of university and post-secondary study.
- In concert with the school's overall mission and values, the athletic department is aimed at promoting lifetime health and fitness.
- The music, art and drama programs provide an inspiring and safe place to develop artistic expression and individual talents in first rate facilities.
- Menaul School graduates have matriculated at such colleges and universities as M.I.T., Yale, Purdue, Rice, Stanford and Pomona as well as UNM and New Mexico Tech..
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Menaul School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12||11-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||6-12||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||35 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||185 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:9||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$1 million||$16 million|
(Includes ESL fees)
|Tuition international students||$36,800||$47,400|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$7,000||$21,275|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Amy Boldt|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Sylvia Nolasco|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||8||14|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Football, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||15||23|
|Extracurriculars||Choir, Dance Club, Garden Club, Jazz Club, Jewelry, Mesa Espanola, Model UN, Native American Club, Pottery, Robotics Club, Running Club, Soccer Club, Spirit Club, Student Government, Yoga Club|
- Park-like setting on 32 acreas in the heart of Albuquerque
- College preparatory, faith-based, value centered
- Menaul's diversity reflects our history of educating the sons and daughters of the early Spanish land grant families in New Mexico and the original Native American population. Forty-five percent of our students claim Hispanic heritage and sixteen percent are of Native decent.
- School year begins with orientation and all school camping trip
- Menaul Challenge--all school hike to top of Sandia Mountains
- Albuquerque--Second fittest city in the U.S.; Top 10 Most Liveable Cities; "Best City to do Business In" (Forbes Magazine
- Mission Week--Students by class volunteer in community service in Albuquerque and the southwest
- New running track installed 2009
- School accreditations: Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS)
Submit Review for Menaul School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 7-12| 249 students 618.7 miles2801 Ranch Road 12
San Marcos, TX 78666
March 16, 2017
Explore the incredible variety of athletics which schools offer. Athletics are not optional in boarding school. Athletics are one part of a comprehensive program most schools adopt to educate the whole child in mind, body and spirit.
March 15, 2017
"Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you..." Brought to you by Boarding Schools in the USA
March 15, 2017
North American boarding schools regularly send admissions staff overseas to hold recruitment fairs in your area.