333 Ocean Road
Narragansett, RI 02882
Narragansett, RI 02882
Gr: (Boarding) 7-12, PG | 53 students
- Middlebridge School is a coeducational, boarding and day high school program for students ages 13-19 with learning differences.
- Our students are intelligent and curious learners who demonstrate an eagerness to embrace the learning environment.
- Traditionally, the Middlebridge student presents with difficulties in reading fluency or comprehension, written expression, processing speed or working memory, receptive/expressive language, attention and/or executive dysfunction.
- Our individualized academic program includes daily 1:1 language tutorials and daily academic Social Pragmatics classes.
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Middlebridge School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||7-12, PG||11-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||40 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||53 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||23||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||6 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:2||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Tuition international students||$69,000||$47,400|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Shannon Leventhal|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||6||14|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Soccer, Softball, Tennis|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||9||23|
|Extracurriculars||Creative Writing Club, Digital Art, Horseback Riding, Newspaper, Photography, Rock Band, Rocket Building/Technology, Yearbook, YMCA Personal Fitness|
|Year: 2008 - 2010||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Johnson and Wales||1|
|University of Arizona-SALT Program||1|
|University of Cincinnati||1|
|University of Southern California: Monterey||1|
|Western New England College||1|
- Middlebridge School`s academic curriculum is approved by the Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. The academic program consists of instruction in English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Art/Humanities, Technology, and Wellness.
- Classes are highly interactive and promote student curiosity while presenting information through a variety of approaches and modalities. The academic program is success-oriented, which drives the selection of materials, the pace of progress through curriculum, designation of assignments and assessments, and the interactions between teachers and students.
- Students attend a proctored study hall Monday-Thursday. Study hall allows students the opportunity to work independently and practice concepts and lessons learned that day. Our academic staff serve as proctors for study halls and are available to answer questions, address student concerns, provide additional resources, and to positively reinforce students as they work through individual assignments.
- THE MIDDLEBRIDGE DIFFERENCE: Our academic day includes daily one-to-one tutorials designed to target written expression, comprehension, and language remediation skills. Daily social pragmatic classes allow students the opportunity to focus on their potential for social and emotional growth, independent living, and career exploration.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia, NLD, Executive Functioning, Receptive/Expressive Language, ADD, ADHD, Written Expression, Dysgraphia, Auditory Processing Disorder
- School accreditations: Rhode Island Dept. of Education, SEVP, NEASC Approved
Submit Review for Middlebridge School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
March 16, 2017
Explore the incredible variety of athletics which schools offer. Athletics are not optional in boarding school. Athletics are one part of a comprehensive program most schools adopt to educate the whole child in mind, body and spirit.
March 15, 2017
"Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you..." Brought to you by Boarding Schools in the USA
March 15, 2017
North American boarding schools regularly send admissions staff overseas to hold recruitment fairs in your area.