170 Centre Street
Milton, MA 02186
Milton, MA 02186
Gr: (Boarding) 9-12 | 700 students
Students can choose from 30 interscholastic teams and seven intramural athletic offerings, including ultimate frisbee, strength training and yoga.
Milton’s orchestra includes over 115 musicians. The Chamber Orchestra and Chamber Singers travel during spring break to perform in places like Prague, England, Ireland, Italy and China.
The typical class size at Milton is 14 students. Classes meet around the Harkness table, where students and faculty share dialogue, inquiry and reflection.
Milton Academy cultivates in its students a passion for learning and a respect for others.
Embracing diversity and the pursuit of excellence, we create a community in which individuals develop competence, confidence and character.
Our active learning environment, in and out of the classroom, develops creative and critical thinkers, unafraid to express their ideas, prepared to seek meaningful lifetime success and to live by our motto, "Dare to be true.".
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Review #1 - Class of 2006University of Pennsylvania Milton is a place where everyone takes an active role in cultivating students, in academics, athletics, art, and as a. . .
- Review #2 - Class of 2003Duke University Having large populations of both day and boarding students is beneficial to both groups. The boarding students add an immense. . .
- Review #3 - Class of 1999Columbia University Milton effortlessly straddles two ideals in boarding school education: offering a nurturing home away from home for students while at. . .
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 323 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Milton Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||K-12||9-12|
|Campus Size||125 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||700 students||295 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||2080||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||14 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||4||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$255 million||$16 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15||Jan. 15|
|Average Percentile SSAT||90||-|
|Director of Admissions||Paul Rebuck|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||24||14|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Kayaking, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||63||23|
|Extracurriculars||A/V (Audio/Visual) Club, Ache (celebrating diverse culture magazine), AIDS Board, Amnesty International Club, Animation Club, Arts Board, Asian Society, Athletic Association, Boarding Council, CARE (Campus Awareness for Recycling and the Environment), Caribbean Club, Cartoon Club, Celtic Club, Christian Fellowship Club, Common Ground, Community Service Club, Culinary Club, Day Council, Film Club, French Club, GAIA (environmental journal), Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), Gender Equity Club, Habitat for Humanity, Helix (science magazine),|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Eight miles south of Boston, Milton is enriched by its diverse and talented student and faculty community as well as by the quality, breadth and depth of its curricular and co-curricular offerings.
- Life at Milton centers on the pursuit of excellence. Milton`s curriculum provides rigorous preparation for college and includes 180 courses in nine academic departments. We offer academic challenge in an atmosphere that is warm and supportive. Students and faculty members are motivated participants in the world of ideas, concepts, and values. They work through collaboration to achieve intellectually.
- At Milton, you do not have to choose whether you want to be an intellectual, a musician, an athlete, a performer or an artist. You can be all of these; one of the best things about Milton is that there is no limit to the way you define your identity.
- Milton Academy embraces diversity, and boasts students from 27 states and 21 countries. Growing and learning among individuals who share widely divergent life stories and appreciating their respective cultures is an invaluable aspect of a true education.
- Milton Academy students live in one of eight single-sex houses ranging in size from 31 students to 48 students. Milton houses include all four classes as well as faculty members` families. Living with older and younger "siblings" ensures role models, support, a sense of belonging and affection. Students spend all their Milton years in one house, experiencing a family-at-school context for developing close relationships with valued adults, learning about responsibility to the community, taking leadership roles with peers, and sharing social and cultural traditions.
- Milton students graduate with the confidence in themselves and the competence to succeed at the most selective colleges and universities in the country.
- School accreditations: New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Submit Review for Milton Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12, PG | 1150 students 27.2 miles180 Main Street
Andover, MA 01810
Grades: 9-12, PG | 650 students 80.4 miles7 Boyden Lane
Deerfield, MA 01342
Grades: 9-12, PG | 862 students 104.9 miles333 Christian Street
Wallingford, CT 06492
Grades: 9-12, PG | 1085 students 50.5 miles20 Main Street
Exeter, NH 03833
Grades: 9-12, PG | 598 students 123.1 miles11 Interlaken Road
Lakeville, CT 06039
(860) 435-3102123.19-12, PG598
October 14, 2016
"I'm wasting my time thinking about boarding school." No, you're not. Here's why.
September 19, 2016
Sustainable schools have become a part of our 21st century educational fabric.
September 14, 2016
Boarding schools are a subset of private schools which many people don't know much about. Here are five points to ponder as you research boarding schools.