3846 N. Hwy. 144
Granbury, TX 76048
Granbury, TX 76048
Gr: (Boarding) K-12 | 192 students
The NCTA choir has many opportunities to perform around the state, including the Dallas Cowboy Luncheon. Here, the choir poses with Tony Romo, the Cowboys quarterback.
With a 500-acre campus, horseback riding and instruction are very popular. An active FFA chapter is also available for those students desiring to raise and show livestock. Roaming the campus are a host of animals, including buffalo, alpacas, llamas, ducks, geese, donkeys, cows, horses, and miniature animals.
The Academy Complex features over 60,000 square feet of state-of-the-art facilities. The campus also includes gymnasiums, tennis courts, swimming pool, baseball and football fields, fine arts building, recording studio, wood shop, a student activities building, and much more.
The NCTA music department produces some outstanding musicians and singers -- many taking #1 ratings at State TAPPS meets. The NCTA art team captured the TAPPS State Championship three years in a row -- 2011, 2012, and 2013 . . . an amazing feat!
The Lady Pioneers have won the State Championship in TAPPS basketball for FOUR years in a row -- 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014! The Pioneers were DOUBLE winners in 2014, with the boys also taking the State Championship!
- North Central Texas Academy's goal is to prepare students for advanced education through a rigorous, college-preparatory educational program taught within a Christian worldview framework.
- Students are also prepared for life as informed, ethical, moral, and productive citizens through a host of other opportunities that promote intellectual, social, and emotional growth.
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 324 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|North Central Texas||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||K-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||9-12|
|Religious Affiliation||Non-denom. / Christian||Non-denominational|
|Campus Size||500 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||192 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
|Average Class Size||7 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||6||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Amanda Schwausch|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||12||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Football, Golf, Riding, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||10||23|
|Extracurriculars||Ceramics Club, Choir, FFA/4-H, Journalism/Yearbook, National Honor Society, Painting/Drawing, Private Music Lessons, Student Council, Student Ministry Programs, Youth and Government|
- Balance; “to keep steady; the power or ability to decide; considering everything” At North Central Texas Academy, the curriculum provides students with a balanced and strong foundational knowledge base in the areas of history, science, government, and economics as well as core academic skills in reading, writing, mathematics, and technology. Regardless of the academic subject, instruction in all classes focuses on building critical thinking, problem solving, communication, organization, study, and social skills. North Central Texas Academy’s goal is to prepare students for advanced education through a rigorous, college-preparatory educational program taught within a Christian worldview framework. Students are also prepared for life as informed, ethical, moral, and productive citizens through a host of other opportunities that promote intellectual, social, and emotional growth. North Central Texas Academy is a boarding, day, and international school that provides opportunities very much like a university but on a K-12 level. The Academy prepares students for university life educationally, socially, and physically. The student body is extremely diverse, yet each member shares a common goal of excelling educationally while demonstrating Respect, Responsibility, Integrity, Self-Discipline, and Compassion. What distinguishes the Academy from almost all other boarding schools at this level is the dedication to raise scholarship funding for most of the students in the program. Tuition is expected of those who can afford it, but for those families with motivated students who deserve the chance to attend a quality boarding/day/international school, but do not have the financial means, there is a liberal financial aid program. Similar to universities, the Academy seeks out underserved students with high abilities, and provides scholarships in order that these highly-motivated boys and girls receive the same opportunity to learn, commit, grow, and eventually assume positions of responsibility and leadership in society. North Central Texas Academy offers its students a rigorous, college-preparatory curriculum, fosters the development of social and emotional well-being, deepens spiritual growth and moral maturity, encourages an appreciation for the arts and creativity, emphasizes the value of good work and study habits, and promotes regular physical exercise and healthy lifestyles. This balance creates a learning environment where amazing things happen.
- School accreditations: The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS); The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS); The Texas Association of Non-Public Schools (TANS); The Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS); The Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Submit Review for North Central Texas Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 7-12| 249 students 172.8 miles2801 Ranch Road 12
San Marcos, TX 78666
Grades: 8-12| 465 students 196.7 miles20955 West Tejas Trail
San Antonio, TX 78257
Grades: 8-12, PG| 645 students 144.7 miles1051 N Houston
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Bullard, TX 75757
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Grades: 8-12| 687 students 142.8 miles6500 St. Stephen's Drive
Austin, TX 78746
February 03, 2017
Explore the incredible variety of athletics which schools offer. Athletics are not optional in boarding school. Athletics are one part of a comprehensive program most schools adopt to educate the whole child in mind, body and spirit.
February 03, 2017
Does your son or daughter ride? Are you thinking about finding a private school which will suit both your academic requirements and your child's penchant for riding? Let's look at a couple of schools with riding programs.
February 03, 2017
Whether a school uses the Harkness Table™ or doesn't use the Harkness Table™ is a matter of teaching style worth exploring in some detail.