Verneuil-sur-Seine 78480, France
Verneuil-sur-Seine 78480, France
Notre-Dame International High School's curriculum is based on a tried-and-true American curriculum. NDIHS offers students an American-styled high school education in English, leading to an American High School Diploma. In addition to the American curriculum (Math, English, Social Studies, Science), the school offers an extensive French language and culture program as well as enrichment courses taught by French teachers.
The Chteau de Verneuil has a history going back to the 16th century when it was occupied by French families of nobility up until the French Revolution. The French school currently offers 7 sections: a Kindergarten (5 classes), a Lower School (21 classes), a Middle School (32 classes), an Upper School (26 classes), as well as post-secondary school's degrees.
Today, the campus boots a large community of approximately 3000 pupils (including French students attending the French curriculum and international students attending the American section) and offers wonderful facilities. Verneuil-sur-Seine, located on the River Seine, is 'a town on the countryside', offering all facilities of a residential town, the proximity of Paris, but also a rich natural environment.
The primary educational goal of our school is to prepare students for professional success in the global community. We believe that students must be culturally literate and competent problem-solvers. Our High School curriculum emphasizes the development of critical thinking skills and intercultural learning within a college preparatory academic framework.
In order to fulfill our mission to prepare students to be competent global professionals, Notre-Dame International High School offers a wide variety of courses in science, mathematics, language arts, foreign language, social science, arts, and physical education. We strive to provide an appropriate level of academic challenge for all students, and encourage their involvement in the arts and sports.
Dorm accommodation is offered on a 5-day or 7-day basis, with full board on weekdays, half board on weekends (excluding school holidays). Students choosing this accommodation enjoy community life and common activities. The building offers double rooms, with shared bathrooms. Boarders can use a computer room as well as a TV and leisure room (TV, piano etc.). Laundry service included.
Notre-Dame International High School offers various arrangements for on and off campus student accommodation. The choice should be made based on age and maturity of the student :- Day schooler (for those living in Paris and surroundings)- Host family accommodation- 5 Day or 7 Day Boarding accommodation- 5 Day Boarding + 2 Day French Homestay accommodation
Notre-Dame International High School's Principal and teachers share a passion for working with students from around the world. The majority of our faculty members hold a Master's degree or higher, and many have professional career experience beyond the classroom. We truly care about the well-being of our students and offer them a safe, supportive and nurturing environment.
Notre-Dame International High School offers AP classes in European History, Environmental Science, Calculus and French. Seniors who are planning to attend universities in the US are strongly encouraged to take the College Preparation course to learn to research colleges, write a college resume, request counselor forms, transcripts, teacher recommendations and much more, register for SAT and TOEFL exams.
- Notre-Dame International High School is a private American boarding (5 day and 7 day) and day school located in Verneuil-sur-Seine, in the Yvelines, 38km west from Paris city center (France).
- Notre-Dame International High School is integrated to Notre-Dame Les Oiseaux, a prestigious French High School with a long history of excellence in the very competitive private high school system.
- We are privileged to be part of this rich history and look forward to helping our students make the most of both school systems: French and American.
- The American section provides bilingual, college preparatory academics to students in grades 9 through 12 and is made up of international students from all over the world.
- Notre-Dame International High School is an international boarding school, but also offers French homestays for further French cultural immersion.
- The school introduces an exciting opportunity for non-French speakers to learn the French language and culture while attending an American High School curriculum held in English.We invite you to visit our school in France and see the great potential which exists in the world`s future international community!
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Notre Dame International High School|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 9-12|
|Campus Size||42 acres|
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:12|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||4|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
(7 day boarding.)
(Includes tuition, school lunches, insurance, textbooks and facility fee.)
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$1,140
(Scholarship application required. )
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No|
|Director of Admissions||Celine GIBASSIER|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|Total Advanced Courses Offered||4|
|Courses||Calculus, Environmental Science, European History, French|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||10 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Art Club, Badminton Club, Drama Club, Indoor Sports, Model United Nations, Open mic nights, Private music class on students' request, Robotics, Student Council, Zumba classes|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- WHY CHOOSE NOTRE-DAME INTERNATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL, PARIS?- Graduation opportunities after completion of the US High School curriculum- Individualized learning through small sized classes- Strong Science, Mathematics, English, Arts and Foreign Language course offerings- Support and supervision of the Nacel International School System`s network and opportunities to experience several campuses abroad- Long tradition of excellent education and community spirit of the French partner school- Bi-cultural and Bi-lingual school staff- French language support classes and opportunity to study French from Beginner level- Development of critical thinking skills and intercultural learning- Real international student body (so far 20 citizenships represented at school)- Proximity to Paris city center (35 minutes by train) and opportunities to discover Paris and France sightseeing`s as well as the French and the European culture- Safe residential area and exclusive surroundings- Beautiful green and wooded campus- Efficient and comfortable mix of historical buildings and modern facilities- Excellent science and computer labs, up to date science instruments- Supervised and modernized 5 and 7 day/week dormitory- Placement in local French host families for students wishing to improve their French skills- Excellent catering facilities on campus- Various extracurricular clubs and activities available on and off campus
- School accreditations: NCA
Submit Review for Notre Dame International High School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 7-12, PG | 340 students 296.9 milesChemin de la Source
Leysin, Switzerland 1854
Grades: 11-12, PG| 275 students 317.7 milesMühlentalstrasse 280CH-8200 Schaffhausen
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Schaffhausen, Switzerland 8200
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Grades: 9-12, PG | 259 students 706.3 milesVia Aventina 3
Rome, Italy 00153
(+39) 065750605706.39-12, PG259
Grades: 9-12 | 75 students 495.3 milesSlovenska 477/5
Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic 36001
Grades: 9-12, PG | 720 students 384.7 milesVia Collina d'Oro
Montagnola, Switzerland 6926
April 26, 2017
Vision. Generosity. High-minded principles. These are the hallmarks of the benefactors of the five schools featured in this article.
April 25, 2017
Does your son or daughter ride? Are you thinking about finding a private school which will suit both your academic requirements and your child's penchant for riding? Let's look at a couple of schools with riding programs.
April 19, 2017
Get admissions officer's Clayton Johnston's perspective on how to choose the best boarding school for you.