Centrally located on a beautiful 1400 acre campus, within two hours from Asheville NC, Atlanta GA, and Greenville SC.
Now in its 13th year, the Rabun Gap Cirque program is highly acclaimed in the region and beyond for its artistic storytelling through drama and acrobatics. The program brings artists, thespians, dancers, and athletes together in a single performance that showcases the Rabun Gap's fine arts program.
The Rabun Gap dance program offers a well-rounded, creative and critical approach to dance, giving each student a better sense of self-esteem, body awareness, and an emotional connection to their life and surroundings. Rabun Gap partners with North Georgia Studio of the Performing Arts which offers classes in dance (ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, lyrical, technique), drama and cirque.
Rabun Gap's expansive campus includes a 27-acre athletic complex with athletic facilities rivaling those of many small colleges.
- As a college preparatory school, Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School offers an educational program designed to provide the student with a solid foundation in the liberal arts.
- We offer a program that will both challenge and nurture each student.
- We encourage natural curiosity, and by example we demonstrate that discovery and learning are lifelong pursuits.
- Rabun Gap combines its strong academic program, mountain setting, and Presbyterian heritage to inspire young people eager to learn and grow.
- Living our motto, Work Study Worship, our community nurtures and challenges students of diverse backgrounds as they prepare for college and a lifetime of service.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- University of Central Arkansas The love is Rabun Gap is unreal, the connection you feel to each person is one you don't find everywhere. I loved the fact that I ate dinner with my teachers, went on trips with. . .
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Rabun Gap-Nacoochee||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||7-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||11-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||1400 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||460 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||1691||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||380 - 690||-|
|Average ACT score||25||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Khaki pants/skirt and polo)
|Average Class Size||13 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||20||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$70 million||$16 million|
(Middle School $55,440; Upper School $50,440)
(Middle School $17,150; Upper School $19,360)
|Tuition international students||$55,740||$47,400|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$21,000||$21,500|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Dec. 9 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||45%||-|
|Director of Admissions||DaRel Christiansen|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Sherry Richardson|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||20||16|
|Courses||Art, Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, French Literature, Modern European History, Physics, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, U.S. Government & Politics, U.S. History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||14||14|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||37||23|
|Extracurriculars||Animation Club, Chorus, Cirque, Community Service Club, Dance Club, Diversity Club, Dorm Prefects, Environment Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, French Club, French National Honor Society, Gap Players, Gap Singers, Honor, Jane Austen Society, Jazz Club, Literary magazine, Livestock Show Program, Math Club, Model UN, Music Technology, National Honor Society, Orchestra, Outdoor Club, Peer Tutoring,|
|Year: 2009 - 2013||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Washington||7|
|University of Georgia||6|
|University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill||6|
|Agnes Scott College||5|
|Georgia Southern University||5|
- Founded in 1903, Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School has a wonderful history of providing boarding and day students with an educational experience of the highest quality at an affordable cost. The school is located on 1,400 spacious acres in Rabun Gap, nestled in the mountains of northeast Georgia, offering beautiful seasonal weather, a variety of performing arts and outdoor activities, along with a safe and secure campus environment for both day and boarding students.
- We have continued to enhance our facilities and programs to meet the current needs of our students; The 47,000 sq. ft. Arts and Technology Building, a more spacious library, superior athletic fields, and a separate middle school annex are just a few examples of the significant additions to the campus during recent years. Rabun Gap opened the 2013-2014 school year with an enrollment of 405 students.
- LD types supported: mild learning differences
- School accreditations: Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
Submit Review for Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12| 1024 students 110.6 miles171 Baylor School Road
Chattanooga, TN 37405
April 26, 2017
Vision. Generosity. High-minded principles. These are the hallmarks of the benefactors of the five schools featured in this article.
April 25, 2017
Does your son or daughter ride? Are you thinking about finding a private school which will suit both your academic requirements and your child's penchant for riding? Let's look at a couple of schools with riding programs.
April 19, 2017
Get admissions officer's Clayton Johnston's perspective on how to choose the best boarding school for you.