Cornwall on Hudson, NY 12520
The Storm King School has a 100% college acceptance rate.
Upcoming Events and News
- Open House - Sat., August 08, 2015 - get more information!
- Open House - Sat., October 17, 2015 - get more information!
- Open House - Sat., November 14, 2015 - get more information!
- Open House - Mon., February 15, 2016 - get more information!
- Open House - Sat., April 23, 2016 - get more information!
Top 10 Placements:
Listed among the top 10 schools with < 200 students (out of 100 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms
2014 School Data
|The Storm King||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Preparatory||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||8-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||55 acres||124 acres|
|Enrollment||165 students||295 students|
|% Students of Color||13%||19%|
|% International Students||50%||20%|
|% Students Boarding||80%||68%|
|Average SAT Score||1700||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1500 - 2050||-|
|Average ACT score||20||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Khaki Pants and white/navy blue polo or oxford shirt with school crest)
|Average Class Size||10 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5||1:7|
|# of AP/Advanced Courses Offered||10||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||69%||67%|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$1 million||$15 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid||35%||35%|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$25,000||$20,255|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Marek Pramuka|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Toni Scherrer|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP/Advanced Courses Offered||10||16|
|Courses||AP Art History, AP Calculus, AP Computer Science, AP Economics: Macro, AP English, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art: Drawing, Honors Humanities|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||20||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Climbing, Crew, Cross Country, Cycling, Fencing, Golf, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||14||23|
|Extracurriculars||Art Club, Blue Key (Tour Guides), Community Service Club, Cougar Boosters, Environmental Club, Fitness Club, Hiking Club, National Honor Society, Outdoor Adventure, Ski/Snowboarding Club, Student Government, The Quarry Yearbook, The Voice (Monthly Literary), Theatre Club|
|Year: 2013-2014||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Michigan State University||2|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- The Storm King School inspires students toward academic strength and confidence. We offer a caring faculty and community that embrace character, balance, and trust.
- At The Storm King School, teaching and learning go hand in hand. Our expectation is that you will do a lot of both. This isn't a place to sit back and watch. It's a place to contribute actively, to take some risks, to stretch yourself. How else can you achieve your goals?
- We prepare our students to lead productive lives in the global community through cultural exchange, a huge benefit of our program. About 45% of our student population is international, hailing from Angola, Belize, Canada, China, Japan, Italy, Kazakhstan, Korea, Lebanon, Philippines, Rwanda, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Taiwan, Thailand, Ukraine, Vietnam and beyond.
- Our Open House and Student for a Day schedule runs throughout the year, or you can make an appointment to visit anytime. We invite you to tour the campus, visit classes, talk to students and teachers. Most importantly, imagine yourself as a part of this community, preparing for college and for life in an environment that values each student.
- LD types supported: LD w/avg or above IQ
- School accreditations: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Poughkeepsie, NY22 Spackenkill Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
845 462 4200 16.7 mi | Gr. 6-12 | 151 students
Pawling, NY700 Route 22
Pawling, NY 12564
845 855 482523.9 mi | Gr. 7-12 | 300 students
Thornwood, NY582 Columbus Avenue
Thornwood, NY 10594
(914) 495-602824.9 mi | Gr. 9-12 | 730 students
Dobbs Ferry, NY49 Clinton Avenue
Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522
914-479-642029.3 mi | Gr. 5-12 | 488 students
Kent, CTPO Box 2006
Kent, CT 06757
860-927-611131.4 mi | Gr. 9-12 | 570 students