Blue Hill, ME 04614
Top 20 Placements:
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 333 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms
2015 School Data
|George Stevens||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Preparatory||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||270 acres||121 acres|
|Enrollment||311 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color||2%||20%|
|% International Students||14%||20%|
|% Students Boarding||8%||67%|
|Average SAT Score||1532||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||15 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|# of AP/Advanced Courses Offered||7||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||53%||67%|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$9 million||$16 million|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Mar. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Joanna Evans|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Winter Track, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||8||24|
|Extracurriculars||American, Book, Chess, Civil, Environmental, International, Intramural, Jazz|
|Year: 2008||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Maine||14|
|University of Southern Maine||4|
|St Joseph's College||2|
|University of Vermont||2|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Beautiful, safe campus on the coast of Maine.
- Small, family-style residence halls for boarding students.
- Host family option for international students. Extensive orientation program for international students before the school year begins.
- Personal attention from teachers and staff. Wireless technology throughout school and residence halls; all students receive MacBook Air laptops to work on.
- Challenging academic curriculum with honors options.
- Comprehensive college counseling.
- Independent Study Program for juniors and seniors.
- Industrial technology.
- Outdoor leadership program.
- Academic support program. Accomodations for mild learning differences.
- Four levels of English as a Second Language.
- Award-winning jazz program.
- 12 varsity and JV sports.
- School accreditations: NAIS, NEASC, ISANNE, MAIS, TABS
- School Location Miles Grades Students
46.7 mi | Gr. 9-12 | 450 students295 Main Street
Pittsfield, ME 04967
53.6 mi | Gr. 9-12 | 585 students81 Academy Hill
Newcastle, ME 04553
2075633596, ext. 10853.69-12585
62.6 mi | Gr. 9-12 | 423 students975 West Main Street
Dover Foxcroft, ME 04426
63.2 mi | Gr. 9-12 | 375 studentsPO Box 190, 66 Cutler Road
East Machias, ME 04630
69.7 mi | Gr. 9-12 | 250 studentsPO Box 257, 1614 Main St., Rte. 17
Kents Hill, ME 04349