Blue Hill, ME 04614
Top 20 Placements:
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 330 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms
2014 School Data
|George Stevens||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Preparatory||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||20 acres||124 acres|
|Enrollment||311 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||2%||19%|
|% International Students||14%||20%|
|% Students Boarding||8%||68%|
|Average SAT Score||1532||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||15 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:10||1:7|
|# of AP/Advanced Courses Offered||7||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||53%||67%|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$9 million||$15 million|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Mar. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Joanna Evans|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Winter Track, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||18||25|
|Extracurriculars||American Field Service, Book Club, Chess Team, Civil Rights Team, Environmental Action Club, International Cooking Club, Intramural Club, Jazz Band, Jazz Combo, Math Team, Model United Nations, National Art Honor Society, Outing Club, Spanish Club, Steel Drum, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Yearbook|
|Year: 2008||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Maine||14|
|University of Southern Maine||4|
|St Joseph's College||2|
|University of Vermont||2|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Beautiful, safe campus on the coast of Maine.
- Small, family-style residence halls for boarding students.
- Host family option for international students. Extensive orientation program for international students before the school year begins.
- Personal attention from teachers and staff. Wireless technology throughout school and residence halls.
- Challenging academic curriculum with honors options.
- Comprehensive college counseling.
- Independent Study Program for juniors and seniors.
- Industrial technology.
- Outdoor leadership program.
- Academic support program. Accomodations for mild learning differences.
- Three levels of English as a Second Language.
- Award-winning jazz program.
- 12 varsity and JV sports.
- School accreditations: NAIS, NEASC, ISANNE, MAIS, TABS
- School Location Miles Students Grades
PittsfieldMaine Central Institute
295 Main Street
Pittsfield, ME, 04967
207-487-228246.7 mi | 450 students | Gr. 9-12
81 Academy Hill
Newcastle, ME, 04553
2075633596, ext. 10853.6 mi | 540 students | Gr. 9-12
Dover FoxcroftFoxcroft Academy
975 West Main Street
Dover Foxcroft, ME, 04426
207-564-866462.6 mi | 470 students | Gr. 9-12
East MachiasWashington Academy
PO Box 190, 66 Cutler Road
East Machias, ME, 04630
207-255-8301, x.21063.2 mi | 375 students | Gr. 9-12
Kents HillKents Hill School
PO Box 257, 1614 Main St., Rte. 17
Kents Hill, ME, 04349
207-685-491469.7 mi | 250 students | Gr. 9-12