Blue Hill, ME 04614
Top 20 Placements:
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 333 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms
2013 School Data
|George Stevens||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Preparatory||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||20 acres||124 acres|
|Enrollment||311 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color||2%||18%|
|% International Students||14%||20%|
|% Students Boarding||8%||67%|
|Average SAT Score||1532||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Acadmics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||15 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:10||1:7|
|# of AP/Advanced Courses Offered||7||15|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||53%||65%|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$9 million||$14 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid||n/a||35%|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Mar. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Joanna Evans|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13||13|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Winter Track, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||18||24|
|Extracurriculars||American Field Service, Book Club, Chess Team, Civil Rights Team, Environmental Action Club, International Cooking Club, Intramural Club, Jazz Band, Jazz Combo, Math Team, Model United Nations, National Art Honor Society, Outing Club, Spanish Club, Steel Drum, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Yearbook|
|Year: 2008||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Maine||14|
|University of Southern Maine||4|
|St Joseph's College||2|
|University of Vermont||2|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Beautiful, safe campus on the coast of Maine.
- Small, family-style residence halls for boarding students.
- Host family option for international students. Extensive orientation program for international students before the school year begins.
- Personal attention from teachers and staff. Wireless technology throughout school and residence halls.
- Challenging academic curriculum with honors options.
- Comprehensive college counseling.
- Independent Study Program for juniors and seniors.
- Industrial technology.
- Outdoor leadership program.
- Academic support program. Accomodations for mild learning differences.
- Three levels of English as a Second Language.
- Award-winning jazz program.
- 12 varsity and JV sports.
- School accreditations: NAIS, NEASC, ISANNE, MAIS, TABS