Top 20 Placements: All Schools, Similar Size Schools
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 326 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms
| 2013 School Data
Oak Creek Ranch
Boarding School Avg.
|School Focus||College Preparatory||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered.||7-12, PG||7-12|
|Support for ADD/ADHD Students||Yes||Yes|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||17 acres||124 acres|
|Enrollment||80 students||300 students|
|Percent Students of Color||15%||18%|
|Percent International Students||10%||20%|
|Percent Students Boarding||100%||67%|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||n/a||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||60%||65%|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students)||$36,500||$46,900|
|Yearly Tuition (Day Students)||n/a||$26,110|
|Percent Students on Financial Aid||10%||35%|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||David Wick, Jr.|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Nadine O'Brien|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Total Interscholastic Sports Offered||2||13|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||9||24|
|Mountain Biking||Rock Climbing|
- For 37 years we’ve been helping Undermotivated Teens, Academic Underachievers and Students with ADD ADHD reach their full potential. As one of the top ADD ADHD boarding schools in the country, we provide individualized programs, small classes, and a highly experienced faculty. Our programs are designed to help teens achieve their academic goals while gaining valuable social and interpersonal skills. The school's Leadership and Character Development program teaches undermotivated teens the importance of being responsible, keeping commitments and treating themselves and others with respect.
- Oak Creek Ranch School is a fully accredited, co-ed boarding school with an enrollment of approximately 80 boys and girls, ages 12-19. (Grades 7-12). The school was founded in 1972 by David Wick to help teens who were not succeeding in a traditional school environment. Under the leadership of his son, David Wick Jr., our 37 year track record of success continues, enabling generation after generation to lead productive and rewarding lives.
- The campus is located on seventeen wooded acres fronting Oak Creek near the beautiful red rocks of Sedona, Arizona. Our location in the temperate climate of Central Arizona offers students a variety of year- round outdoor activities, including horseback riding, fishing, mountain biking, hiking, skate-boarding, swimming, tennis and volleyball on campus. Every week teens have the opportunity to enjoy off campus excursions to concerts, theater, shopping malls, sporting events and festivals in the nearby cities of Prescott, Sedona, Flagstaff and Phoenix. Northern Arizona offers excellent facilities for skiing, snowboarding and rock climbing. Several times a year, students participate in day and weekend trips to the Grand Canyon and other points of interest throughout the Southwest.
- Experiential education and other innovative methods are incorporated into a traditional, college preparatory curriculum.
- Ninety percent (90%) of Oak Creek graduates continue their education, enrolling in colleges and universities throughout The United States. Schools selected have included UCLA, Purdue University, Ohio State University, DePaul University, Texas Tech University, University of Nevada at Las Vegas (UNLV), Arizona State University (ASU), The Illinois Institute of Art, Brooks Institute, Northern Arizona University, University of Pacific, Marymount College and the University of Denver.
- Oak Creek Ranch School is fully accredited by the North Central Association (NCA). We follow a traditional school year calendar, with classes starting in September and ending in May. Summer school sessions are offered every year as well. Enrollments are accepted throughout the year and seniors are welcome to apply. Teenagers who have successfully completed a short-term wilderness or therapeutic school programs will also be considered for enrollment.
- Please contact David Wick, Jr., Headmaster, toll free 1-877-554-OCRS, or Email: email@example.com.
- LD types supported: Underachievers, Under motivated, Learning Difficulties, ADD, ADHD
- School accreditations: North Central Association (NCA)