West Sedona, AZ 86340
Top 20 Placements:
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 333 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms
2015 School Data
|Oak Creek Ranch||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Preparatory||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||7-12, PG||11-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||17 acres||121 acres|
|Enrollment||75 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color||10%||20%|
|% International Students||10%||20%|
|% Students Boarding||100%||67%|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||6 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||60%||67%|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
(No other fees)
|Tuition international students||$47,500||$46,300|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||David Wick, Jr.|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Nadine O'Brien|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||20||14|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Climbing, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Riding, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||9||24|
|Extracurriculars||Equestrian, Flag Football, Guitar, Hiking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Softball, Video Production, Yearbook|
- For 37 years we’ve been helping Undermotivated Teens, Academic Underachievers and Students with ADD ADHD reach their full potential. As one of the top ADD ADHD boarding schools in the country, we provide individualized programs, small classes, and a highly experienced faculty. Our programs are designed to help teens achieve their academic goals while gaining valuable social and interpersonal skills. The school's Leadership and Character Development program teaches undermotivated teens the importance of being responsible, keeping commitments and treating themselves and others with respect.
- Oak Creek Ranch School is a fully accredited, co-ed boarding school with an enrollment of approximately 75 boys and girls, ages 13-19. (Grades 7-12). The school was founded in 1972 by David Wick to help teens who were not succeeding in a traditional school environment. Under the leadership of his son, David Wick Jr., our 37 year track record of success continues, enabling generation after generation to lead productive and rewarding lives.
- The campus is located on seventeen wooded acres fronting Oak Creek near the beautiful red rocks of Sedona, Arizona. Our location in the temperate climate of Central Arizona offers students a variety of year- round outdoor activities, including horseback riding, fishing, mountain biking, hiking, skate-boarding, swimming, tennis and volleyball on campus. Every week teens have the opportunity to enjoy off campus excursions to concerts, theater, shopping malls, sporting events and festivals in the nearby cities of Prescott, Sedona, Flagstaff and Phoenix. Northern Arizona offers excellent facilities for skiing, snowboarding and rock climbing. Several times a year, students participate in day and weekend trips to the Grand Canyon and other points of interest throughout the Southwest.
- Experiential education and other innovative methods are incorporated into a traditional, college preparatory curriculum.
- Ninety percent (90%) of Oak Creek graduates continue their education, enrolling in colleges and universities throughout The United States. Schools selected have included UCLA, Purdue University, Ohio State University, DePaul University, Texas Tech University, University of Nevada at Las Vegas (UNLV), Arizona State University (ASU), The Illinois Institute of Art, Brooks Institute, Northern Arizona University, University of Pacific, Marymount College and the University of Denver.
- Oak Creek Ranch School is fully accredited by the North Central Association (NCA). We follow a traditional school year calendar, with classes starting in September and ending in May. Summer school sessions are offered every year as well. Enrollments are accepted throughout the year and seniors are welcome to apply. Teenagers who have successfully completed a short-term wilderness or therapeutic school programs will also be considered for enrollment.
- Please contact David Wick, Jr., Headmaster, toll free 1-877-554-OCRS, or Email: email@example.com.
- LD types supported: Underachievers, Under motivated, Learning Difficulties, ADD, ADHD
- School accreditations: North Central Association (NCA)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
4.1 mi | Gr. 9-12 | 120 students3511 Verde Valley School Road
Sedona, AZ 86351
40.6 mi | Gr. 9-12 | 100 students1000 Orme School Road, H.C. 63, Box 3040
Mayer, AZ 86333
90.8 mi | Gr. Pre-K-12 | 1100 students9180 E. Via De Ventura
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
267.7 mi | Gr. 7-12 | 10 students447 W. Meadow Circle
Richfield, UT 84701
275.2 mi | Gr. 9-12 | 46 students454 Academy Drive
Durango, CO 81301