Willoughby, OH 44094
|Definition of Terms
2013 School Data
|Andrews Osborne||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Preparatory||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||7-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||9-12|
|Campus Size||300 acres||124 acres|
|Enrollment||380 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color||18%||18%|
|% International Students||23%||20%|
|% Students Boarding||30%||67%|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Acadmics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(khaki pants and polos)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:12||1:7|
|# of AP/Advanced Courses Offered||12||15|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||67%||65%|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
(plus $1000 fee grades 7 to 11, $1250 fee grade 12)
(ranges from $8250 to $19050 based on grade: PK-12)
|Tuition international students||$41,450||$44,500|
|Tuition 5 day boarding||$31,150||$37,055|
|% Students on Financial Aid||30%||35%|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Mar. 10 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Rachelle Sundberg|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Donna Miller|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP/Advanced Courses Offered||12||15|
|English Language||English Literature|
|Environmental Science||European History|
|French Language||Physics B|
|Spanish Language||US History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||22||24|
|Extracurriculars||Academic Challenge, Art Club, Astronomy Club, Blue Key, Chemistry Club, Community Service, Drama Club, Environmental Club, Equestrian Competition Team, Film Club, Fine Arts Association, International Club, Literary Magazine Club, Math Club, Mock Trial, National Honor Society, Outdoors/Ski Club, Political Club, Respecters of All Diversities, Riding lessons/ horse shows, Ski/Snowboard Club, Student Council|
- Campus Ammenities: A 35,600 square foot field house with wellness/fitness center was added in 1999. Modern Equestrian center was finished in spring 1999 and includes 42 12 x 12 stalls, an indoor show arena, an indoor practice arena, 2 outdoor rings and heated viewing areas.
- Equestrian Program: Students may take private lessons or compete on a interscholastic team. Recreational riding also offered.
- Academic Advisors: Each teacher has 6-10 student advisees who meet weekly. Parents are encouraged to contact advisors throughout the year.
- Academic Programs: Geared for students who are average to gifted in ability, the following are offered: Mathematics, Science, English, ESL (English as a Second Language), History, Humanities and Social Sciences, French, Spanish, Mandarin, technology, fine and performing arts. Honors, Advanced Placement and elective courses available in many subject areas.
- Matriculation list can be found on College Counseling page located under "Student Life" on website (www.andrewsosborne.org).
- Housing-Boarding available for grades 7-12: seven houses accommodating 10-22 students, dedicated houseparents, and residential assistants. Each air conditioned home includes double or triple rooms, a common area with a desktop and printer, television, and a laundry room with washers and dryers. All dorms are wireless.
- Financial Information: Nearly 30% of Andrews Osborne students receive assistance based on need. Payment plans and loan programs are available.
- Five Day Boarding commences on Sunday evening and ends Friday afternoon.
- Application Fees Domestic Student $50 International Student $100
- School accreditations: State of Ohio, Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS), The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- School Location Miles Students Grades
HudsonWestern Reserve Academy
115 College Street
Hudson, OH, 44236
330.650-440027.6 mi | 390 students | Gr. 9-12
AustinburgGrand River Academy
3042 College St.
Austinburg, OH, 44010
(440)275-2811 x22529 mi | 118 students | Gr. 9-12
ErieErie First Christian Academy
8150 Oliver Rd.
Erie, PA, 16510
814-866-697972.9 mi | 295 students | Gr. Pre-K-12