Willoughby, OH 44094
AOA is an extraordinary place. Our world-class faculty understands that education must go beyond simple “content mastery.” An AOA education is designed to cultivate a curious mind – to engage students in inquiry-based learning – to develop students’ ability to solve problems in new and unique ways. In short, AOA is the school where students in grades PK-12 learn to think creatively. Our program is as ambitious as our students – beginning with students as young as prekindergarten age and going through high school. And our community has the multicultural and international breadth to match that ambition. Fed by a robust boarding program in grades 7-12, the AOA student body is made up of students from 13 countries over 5 continents. At AOA students learn and develop within an authentic global context that few schools can match.
|Definition of Terms
2014 School Data
|Andrews Osborne||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Preparatory||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||7-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||9-12|
|Campus Size||300 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||350 students||295 students|
|% Students of Color||18%||19%|
|% International Students||20%||20%|
|% Students Boarding||26%||68%|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(khaki pants and polos)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:12||1:7|
|# of AP/Advanced Courses Offered||12||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||67%||67%|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
(ranges from $15550 to $21075 based on grade: 7-12)
|Tuition international students||$44,350||$45,400|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid||30%||35%|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Mar. 10 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Mary Jo Elber|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP/Advanced Courses Offered||12||16|
|English Language||English Literature|
|Environmental Science||European History|
|French Language||Physics B|
|Spanish Language||US History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||9||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||20||24|
|Extracurriculars||Academic Challenge, Art Club, Astronomy Club, Blue Key, Chemistry Club, Community Service, Drama Club, Environmental Club, Film Club, Fine Arts Association, International Club, Literary Magazine Club, Math Club, Mock Trial, National Honor Society, Outdoors/Ski Club, Political Club, Respecters of All Diversities, Ski/Snowboard Club, Student Council|
|Year: -||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Campus Ammenities: A 35,600 square foot field house with wellness/fitness center was added in 1999.
- Academic Advisors: Each teacher has 6-10 student advisees who meet weekly. Parents are encouraged to contact advisors throughout the year.
- Academic Programs: Geared for students who are average to gifted in ability, the following are offered: Mathematics, Science, English, ESL (English as a Second Language), History, Humanities and Social Sciences, French, Spanish, Mandarin, technology, fine and performing arts. Honors, Advanced Placement and elective courses available in many subject areas.
- Matriculation list can be found on College Counseling page located under "Programs" on website (www.andrewsosborne.org).
- Housing-Boarding available for grades 7-12: seven houses accommodating 10-22 students, dedicated houseparents, and residential assistants. Each air conditioned home includes double or triple rooms, a common area with a desktop and printer, television, and a laundry room with washers and dryers. All dorms are wireless.
- Financial Information: Nearly 30% of Andrews Osborne students receive assistance based on need. Payment plans and loan programs are available.
- Five Day Boarding commences on Sunday evening and ends Friday afternoon.
- Application Fees Domestic Student $50 International Student $100
- School accreditations: State of Ohio, Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS), The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
- School Location Miles Students Grades
Hudson, OHWestern Reserve Academy
115 College Street
Hudson, OH 44236
330-650-971727 mi | 390 students | Gr. 9-12
Austinburg, OHGrand River Academy
3042 College St.
Austinburg, OH 44010
(440) 275-2811 x22529.2 mi | 110 students | Gr. 8-12
Erie, PAErie First Christian Academy
8150 Oliver Rd.
Erie, PA 16510
814-866-697973.1 mi | 295 students | Gr. Pre-K-12
Erie, PA, Mercyhurst Preparatory School
538 East Grandview Blvd
Erie, PA 16504
814-746-948976.3 mi | 545 students | Gr. 9-12
Wheeling, WVThe Linsly School
60 Knox Lane
Wheeling, WV 26003
304-233-1436114.2 mi | 420 students | Gr. 5-12