38588 Mentor Avenue, Willoughby, OH 44094 - Map
Grades: (Boarding) 7-12 / (Day) Pre-K-12 | 380 students
Located on 300 acres in Willoughby, Ohio, Andrews Osborne Academy offers a safe, self-contained campus that includes The Fine Arts Association, as well as a nationally recognized Equestrian Center. This beautiful setting is located only 25 minutes from University Circle, the heart of Cleveland's cultural activities. Each year 100% of graduates are accepted to 4-year accredited colleges and universities. When a student comes to AOA, they find a close-knit community, small classes, and a wide variety of clubs, teams and activities to help them learn and grow. When students graduate and go on to college, they take with them the tools to succeed and a strong sense of self.
|Definition of Terms
| 2013 School Data
Boarding School Avg.
|School Focus||College Preparatory||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered. (Boarding)||7-12||7-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||7-12|
|Support for ADD/ADHD Students||No||No|
|Campus Size||300 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||380 students||300 students|
|Percent Students of Color||18%||18%|
|Percent International Students||23%||20%|
|Percent Students Boarding||30%||67%|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(khaki pants and polos)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:12||1:7|
|# of AP/Advanced Courses Offered||12||15|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||67%||65%|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students)||$36,300
(plus $1000 fee grades 7 to 11, $1250 fee grade 12)
|Yearly Tuition (Day Students)||$19,050
(ranges from $8250 to $19050 based on grade: PK-12)
|Tuition international students||$41,450||$44,175|
|Tuition 5 day boarding||$31,150||$36,870|
|Percent Students on Financial Aid||30%||35%|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Mar. 10 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Rachelle Sundberg|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Donna Miller|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses:
|# of AP/Advanced Courses Offered||12||15|
|English Language||English Literature|
|Environmental Science||European History|
|French Language||Physics B|
|Spanish Language||US History|
|Total Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||13|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||22||24|
|Academic Challenge||Art Club|
|Astronomy Club||Blue Key|
|Chemistry Club||Community Service|
|Drama Club||Environmental Club|
|Equestrian Competition Team||Film Club|
|Fine Arts Association||International Club|
|Literary Magazine Club||Math Club|
|Mock Trial||National Honor Society|
|Outdoors/Ski Club||Political Club|
|Respecters of All Diversities||Riding lessons/ horse shows|
|Ski/Snowboard Club||Student Council|
- Campus Ammenities: A 35,600 square foot field house with wellness/fitness center was added in 1999. Modern Equestrian center was finished in spring 1999 and includes 42 12 x 12 stalls, an indoor show arena, an indoor practice arena, 2 outdoor rings and heated viewing areas.
- Equestrian Program: Students may take private lessons or compete on a interscholastic team. Recreational riding also offered.
- Academic Advisors: Each teacher has 6-10 student advisees who meet weekly. Parents are encouraged to contact advisors throughout the year.
- Academic Programs: Geared for students who are average to gifted in ability, the following are offered: Mathematics, Science, English, ESL (English as a Second Language), History, Humanities and Social Sciences, French, Spanish, Mandarin, technology, fine and performing arts. Honors, Advanced Placement and elective courses available in many subject areas.
- Matriculation list can be found on College Counseling page located under "Student Life" on website (www.andrewsosborne.org).
- Housing-Boarding available for grades 7-12: seven houses accommodating 10-22 students, dedicated houseparents, and residential assistants. Each air conditioned home includes double or triple rooms, a common area with a desktop and printer, television, and a laundry room with washers and dryers. All dorms are wireless.
- Financial Information: Nearly 30% of Andrews Osborne students receive assistance based on need. Payment plans and loan programs are available.
- Five Day Boarding commences on Sunday evening and ends Friday afternoon.
- Application Fees Domestic Student $50 International Student $100
- School accreditations: State of Ohio, Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS), The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)