215 N. Harbor Blvd.
Anaheim, CA 92805
Anaheim, CA 92805
Gr: (Boarding) 4-8 | 150 students
With a student-to-faculty ratio of 10:1, students can receive personal attention and specialized instruction.
St. Catherine's strives to nurture in each student an awareness of God and a sense of moral responsibility. We welcome boys of all faith traditions and respect the religious beliefs of all members of our school community.
Our unique military program is designed to help each boy rise to his fullest potential. Based on positive peer pressure, our program helps students develop leadership skills and increase their self-confidence.
Technology continues to grow, and St. Catherine's is committed to reflecting that in our educational program. Each classroom is equipped with a SmartBoard, and students can utilize personal computers through our traveling laptop cart. In addition, every student attends computer instruction in our new technology learning lab. Students learn basic computer and study skills and are instructed in the full suite of Microsoft programs most commonly required in college-prep high school classes.
Our outstanding music department provides classroom instruction in music theory, music history, and musical experiences. Students are also welcome to play in the marching band and take private piano or guitar lessons.
St. Catherine's recognizes the important role that athletics plays in the development of a well-rounded young man. Our physical education program and championship athletic teams seek to develop skills and capabilities that reach far beyond the athletic field.
- Founded in 1889, St. Catherine's Academy is a Catholic school with a military tradition for boys in kindergarten 8th grade.
- We provide young men with a faith-filled foundation for lifelong success.
- Our multifaceted program includes faith formation, all-boys academics, and a military tradition for leadership and self-motivation.
- We offer small classes, state-of-the-art technology, marching band, athletics, and much more.
- We welcome day and boarding students.
- As the only Catholic grade school with a military tradition in the US, our school is so unique you have to see it for yourself!.
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|St. Catherine's Academy|
|School Focus||Junior Boarding School|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 4-8|
|Grades (Day)||Grades K-8|
|Campus Size||8 acres|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:10|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Graciela Salvador|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||8 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball|
- Founded and operated by the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose, St. Catherine's Academy is an independent Catholic boys` academy with a military tradition. We are committed to guiding each boy to his fullest potential.
- As an all-boys school, SCA is dedicated to providing the best learning environment for boys by offering small class sizes, more teacher attention, structure, and consistency. Our teachers are able to focus on the specific learning styles of boys and young men.
- St. Catherine`s offers enrichment classes in music, physical education, Spanish, computer skills, laboratory science, teamwork and leadership, marching band, piano, and guitar.
- The St. Catherine`s faculty consists of Dominican Sisters and lay colleagues. Our faculty members have an average of 23 years experience, and 64% hold advanced degrees. St. Catherine`s teachers are known for their open communication with parents and dedication to overall student success.
- St. Catherine`s offers opportunities for students` faith to find expression in their daily lives and choices by:providing liturgical experiences which encourage active participation as lectors, choir members, and altar servers; providing religion classes which present doctrine and scripture in a relevant and interesting manner; engaging cadets in various prayer experiences in class, in the dormitory, and at morning assembly; and helping cadets to reflect on the values and moral principles which guide their choices and actions.
- Our military program strives to instill in our students leadership, confidence, honor, courage, commitment, responsibility, compassion, and respect. An SCA cadet places a high value on personal integrity and adherence to the honor code. The structure and consistency of this program enables our students to develop leadership skills, self-motivation, and confidence.
- Our residency program gives added structure to a student`s day. Resident students participate in a full day of classes, activities, meals, and study hall before returning to one of our four dormitories, which are staffed by our Dominican Sisters.
- Residency is also full of fun experiences. Cadets build lasting friendships with students from around the globe and enjoy off-campus outings to a variety of southern California destinations.
- Approximately 20% of students are international, introducing our cadets to a variety of cultures.
- Our ESL program provides for the educational and emotional needs of our international students. This program helps each cadet grow in his mastery of the English language while experiencing the culture and diversity of the United States.
- With a fun and secure 8-acre campus, SCA is located in southern California, just minutes away from Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, and the beach. Our spacious campus includes a football field, an obstacle course, an indoor heated pool, and a gymnasium.
- Our academic facilities are second-to-none. Each classroom is equipped with a SmartBoard. Facilities also include a traveling laptop cart, computer lab, science lab, piano room with ten practice pianos, band room, guitar room, and newly renovated library.
- Please find more information about our school by downloading our brochure!
- School accreditations: WASC, WCEA, Association of Military Schools and Colleges
Submit Review for St. Catherine's Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 3-9| 204 students 2502.2 miles94 Old Main Street, PO Box 8
Deerfield, MA 01342
Grades: 7-12, PG | 535 students 2222.4 milesP.O. 278, 4744 James Madison Hwy
Fork Union, VA 23055
March 16, 2017
Explore the incredible variety of athletics which schools offer. Athletics are not optional in boarding school. Athletics are one part of a comprehensive program most schools adopt to educate the whole child in mind, body and spirit.
March 15, 2017
"Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you..." Brought to you by Boarding Schools in the USA
March 15, 2017
North American boarding schools regularly send admissions staff overseas to hold recruitment fairs in your area.