Our students are able to sail for up to 5 weeks on our boat, Geronimo, to locations in the Caribbean and Mediterranean.
Our Sixth Formers start off the year with a class bonding trip to Maine for some white water rafting.
Traditions play a large part in the student experience at St. George's. Friday Night Lights, where our teams play under the lights in front of the entire school, is a fan favorite.
Our students will be inspired - not just by the extraordinary beauty of our location, but by the examples and energy of their teachers, classmates, and community.
Theater and dance are offered as afternoon activities at St. George's. Students of all experience levels participate in a variety of productions throughout the school year.
- "St. George's School provides a rigorous college prep curriculum, high standards, and dynamic classroom discussion.
- Round tables are prevalent and coincide with our belief in the virtue of small classes and in the benefits of active dialog and debate.
- Learning at St. George's School has to do with knowing the teacher and the subject matter, and we celebrate the growth that takes part at the heart of our challenging and democratic process...".
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Colby College You could not ask for a more beautiful location--atop of a hill overlooking a beach on the Atlantic Ocean. Some of my fondest memories came from playing baseball on a sunny afternoon and just. . .
- Smith College The faculty at SG really expect a lot from their students, and although the school may not be considered a 'top-tier' by some, I feel that the academics are challenging and prepare students of various. . .
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|St. George's School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||125 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||365 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||1930||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1790 - 2110||-|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Bi-Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||10 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||22||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$138 million||$16 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$39,850||$21,500|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||70%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Ryan P. Mulhern|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||15||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||37||23|
|Extracurriculars||A Capella, Academic Decathlon, Acolytes, Amnesty International Club, Art Club, Athletic Council, Barbecue Club, Camp Ramleh Counselors, Chamber, Choir, Christian Fellowship Club, Community Service Club, Cultural Outreach, Current Events Club, Debate Club, Dorm Prefects, Dragon, Drama Club, Ecology Club, Entertainment Committee, Feed-a-Friend, French Club, Handbell Choir, Lance (yearbook), Library Association,|
|Year: 2011 - 2014||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Wake Forest University||11|
|New York University||7|
|University of Pennsylvania||6|
- St. George's School provides a rigorous college prep curriculum, high standards, and dynamic classroom discussion. Round tables are prevalent and coincide with our belief in the virtue of small classes and in the benefits of active dialog and debate. Learning at St. George's School has to do with knowing the teacher and the subject matter, and we celebrate the growth that takes part at the heart of our challenging and democratic process. Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Howard Dean - Class of 1966 - Former Vermont Governor & DNC Chairman
- Prescott Bush - Class of 1912 - U.S. Senator from Connecticut
- Claiborne Pell - Class of 1936 - U.S. Senator from Rhode Island
- Tucker Carlson - Class of 1987 - Correspondent MSNBC
- William Vanderbilt - Class of 1919 - Governor of Rhode Island
- Julie Bowen - Class of 1987 - Actress - Modern Family
Submit Review for St. George's School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
April 26, 2017
Vision. Generosity. High-minded principles. These are the hallmarks of the benefactors of the five schools featured in this article.
April 25, 2017
Does your son or daughter ride? Are you thinking about finding a private school which will suit both your academic requirements and your child's penchant for riding? Let's look at a couple of schools with riding programs.
April 19, 2017
Get admissions officer's Clayton Johnston's perspective on how to choose the best boarding school for you.