West 29th Avenue
Vancouver, BC 00001, Canada
Vancouver, BC 00001, Canada
Urban Boarding in Vancouver: students have access to many natural and modern facilities throughout the city.
St. George's School campuses are near the UBC campus, and within 30-minute drive from Downtown Vancouver.
Boys are encouraged to stay active with PE classes and over 100 athletic options (recreational or competitive).
St. George's School graduates received over 700 university acceptances each year from universities in Canada, USA, and the UK.
- Our Mission: Building Fine Young Men, One Boy at a Time.
- Founded in 1930, St. George's School is a world-class boys' university preparatory school offering a day program to boys in Grade 1 to 12 and a boarding program in Grades 8 to 12.
- The school is known for its breadth and depth of curricular offerings, over 50 academic electives, 50 athletic options, and 50 club electives.
- A robust university guidance department ensures that, each year, 100 % of the graduating class, is accepted to universities nationally and internationally.
- A powerful alumni network that connects current students with alumni in the fields of business, politics, medicine, entertainment, athletics, and many more.
Upcoming Events and News:
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|St. George's School, Vancouver|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 8-12|
|Grades (Day)||Grades 1-12|
|Campus Size||23 acres|
|% Students Boarding||
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:10|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||25|
|ESL Courses Offered||No|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$25 million|
(Range: $48140 - $64840 CAD)
(Range: $22735 - $33020 CAD)
|Tuition international students||$64,840|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 3 / Dec. 1 / rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Gordon C. Allan|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|Total Advanced Courses Offered||25|
|Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Comparative Government and Politics, Computer Science, Economics (Macro), Economics (Micro), English, Environmental Science, European History, French, German, Human Geography, Japanese, Latin, Mandarin, Music, Physics 1, Physics 2, Psychology, Spanish, Statistics (blended), Statistics (in class), US History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||20 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Cycling, Field Hockey, Golf, Ice Hockey, Rock Climbing, Rugby, Sailing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Water Polo|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||73 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Amnesty International Club, Animation Club, Archery Club, Astronomy Club, Ball Hockey, Basketball Club, Bee Keeping, Book Club, Business Club, Ceramics Club, Chinese Language & Culture Club, Choir, Classics Club, Concert Club, Creative Writing Club, Curling Club, Debate Club, Design Club, Destination Imagination, Documentary, Dragon Boating, Field Sports, Flag Football, Foreign, Gender Sexuality Alliance (GSA),|
- St. George`s School is a world-class boys` university preparatory school offering a day program to students in Grade 1 to 12 and a residential life program to Grade 8 to 12. With a total enrollment of 1150, of which 110 are boarding students from over 20 countries worldwide, St. George`s School has achieved national and international prominence in many academic, artistic, and athletic competitions. The School enjoys the reputation as one of the preeminent schools in Canada. Philosophically, St. George`s School is committed to an all-boys education. Its pedagogy is drawn from brain research that validates the unique learning styles of boys. Admission to the School is highly selective. Students are expected to meet specific entrance standards & demonstrate excellence outside the classroom. The School continues to invest in financial assistance to ensure that there is a balanced applicant pool. St. George`s School offers a challenging yet supportive environment for each boy through a broad range of curricular offerings, many at an advanced level, as well as numerous cocurricular options. Fine and performing arts are well-represented through performances by our nationally-recognized concert bands, four major dramatic productions a year, and art exhibits from a vibrant visual arts program. Students also have access to more than 50 clubs and a diverse outdoor education program that includes a specialized full-year program for students in Grade 10. In recent years, the School has invested considerable resources into a service-based program that ensures students give back to the community in a variety of ways. Supported by university counselling services, graduates are admitted to top-tier universities in Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- School accreditations: CAIS, TABS, ISABC, IBSC
Submit Review for St. George's School, Vancouver
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 8-12 | 580 students 5.7 miles955 Harbourside Drive
North Vancouver, BC, Canada V7P 3S4
Grades: 9-12, PG | 515 students 44.5 miles2735 Mt. Baker Road
Mill Bay, BC V0R 2P1, Canada 1
Grades: 8-12| 958 students 55.4 miles3400 Richmond Road
Grades: 9-12 | 260 students 2373 miles80 chemin Moulton Hill
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1M 1Z8
April 26, 2017
Vision. Generosity. High-minded principles. These are the hallmarks of the benefactors of the five schools featured in this article.
April 25, 2017
Does your son or daughter ride? Are you thinking about finding a private school which will suit both your academic requirements and your child's penchant for riding? Let's look at a couple of schools with riding programs.
April 19, 2017
Get admissions officer's Clayton Johnston's perspective on how to choose the best boarding school for you.