3400 Richmond Road
Tel: (250) 370-6170
Gr: (Boarding) 8-12 | 958 students
Boarders get to decorate their rooms and enjoy both free time and dedicated study time during the week.
The SMUS campus has a massive sports field for soccer and rugby, two gyms for basketball and volleyball, on-campus squash courts and a fleet of rowing vessels housed at a nearby lake.
Boarding students enjoy campus all day long, from finding a quiet corner to study in to dropping into the fitness centre after dinner our dining hall.
Students have the chance to travel over Spring Break to 8-12 destinations, and many choose to volunteer in places like Kenya and the Dominican Republic.
At St. Michaels University School, we believe many of the most important lessons — both intellectual and personal — enable students to discover not only who they are as individuals but who they have the potential to become.
Upcoming Events and News:
Top 20 Placements:
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 334 schools) for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Large student body (number of students)
|Definition of Terms
2015 School Data
|St. Michaels University School|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 8-12|
|Grades (Day)||Grades K-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||20 acres|
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:18|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||24|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$6 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Paul Leslie|
AP / Advanced Courses
|Total Advanced Courses Offered||24|
|Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Chinese Language and Culture, English Language, English Literature, Environmental Science, European History, French Language, German Language, Government and Politics, Human Geography, Japanese Language, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Physics B, Physics C (Electricity & Mag.), Physics C (Mechanical), Psychology, Spanish Language, Studio Art (2D Design), Studio Art (Drawing)|
- St. Michaels University School is among the foremost independent day and boarding schools in Canada and in the world.
- Our commitment to academic excellence provides exceptional preparation for the challenges of postsecondary education.
- Our students are tomorrow’s leaders in the making, and come from nearly 20 countries around the world.
- Our faculty are passionate specialists who believe in the potential of every student.
- Our key programmes focus on five areas of development: Academics, Athletics, the Arts, Leadership, and Community and Global Service.
- From Junior to Middle to Senior School, students develop a love of learning and learn to think critically and creatively.
- University preparation is at the heart of the school’s mission, with 99% of our students going on to postsecondary education.
- With boarding facilities starting at grade 8, students become part of a diverse community where they create life-long friendships, develop independence and enjoy a wide range of activities.
- School accreditations: CAIS, WBSA, NAIS, PNAIS, TABS, IECA, SSAT Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Steve Nash '92 - Two-time NBA MVP, founder and president of the Steve Nash Foundation for growing health in kids
- Stewart Butterfield '91 - Co-founder of Flickr
- Kenneth Oppel '85 - Award-winning author
- Manoj Sood '81 - Star of CBC's hit show
Submit Review for St. Michaels University School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 7-12| 370 students 2.6 mi1080 Lucas Avenue
Victoria, Canada V8X 3P7
Grades: 9-12, PG | 493 students 17.4 mi2735 Mt. Baker Road
Mill Bay, BC V0R 2P1, Canada 1
250 743 552117.49-12, PG493
Grades: 8-12 | 493 students 20 mi1975 Renfrew Road
Shawnigan Lake, BC, Canada V0R2W1
Grades: 8-12| 1150 students 55.4 miWest 29th Avenue
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Grades: 8-12 | 450 students 60.5 mi955 Harbourside Drive
North Vancouver, BC, Canada V7P 3S4
+1 604 998 100060.58-12450
January 28, 2016
Does your son or daughter ride? Are you thinking about finding a private school which will suit both your academic requirements and your child's penchant for riding? Let's look at a couple of schools with riding programs.
January 25, 2016
Here are five questions the answers to which will introduce you to the world of private schools.
January 05, 2016
Parents considering schools should read New York Times columnist Frank Bruni's book about college admissions entitled Where You Go Is Not Who You Will Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania. Much of what he says applies in the private K-12 world.