5.00 (2 reviews)325 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301
Gr: (Boarding) 9-12 | 531 students
St. Paul's School is committed to educating the whole person and preparing students to make contributions to a changing and challenging world.
The philosophy of St. Paul's School defines education as all of the structured experiences in which students participate: course work, athletics, activities, and our life together as a fully residential school.
These opportunities involve valuable interaction between faculty, students, and staff.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Davidson College St. Paul's was unique in that it was 100% boarding. Attending a school where absolutely all of the students (and the majority of the staff) reside on the same campus for the entire academic. . .
- Swarthmore College One of the most memorable and unique aspects of SPS is the boarding atmosphere. Everyone lives on campus in school housing, even students who hail from the local town. Teachers live on campus. . .
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 323 schools) for:
- Category Attribute
- Boarding Focus High percentage of boarding students
- School Resources Large financial endowment
- School Resources Highest endowment/student
- Selectivity Low acceptance rates
- Offering Breadth Most extracurriculars offered
- Offering Breadth High # of AP/advanced courses offered
- Student Test Scores High average SAT scores
- Student Test Scores High SSAT scores
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|St. Paul's School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||2000 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||531 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||2028||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1880 - 2180||-|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||15 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||50||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$549 million||$16 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$52,385||$21,275|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||89%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Scott P. Bohan|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Tim Caryl-Klika|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||50||16|
|Courses||Advanced Biology: Human Anatomy & Physiology, Advanced Biology: Limnology & Marine Biology, Advanced Biology: Molecular Biology, Advanced Biology: Terrestrial Ecology, Advanced Chemistry, Advanced Chinese, Advanced French, Advanced German, Advanced Japanese, Advanced Latin, Advanced Mathematics Seminar, Advanced Photography, Advanced Physics I, Advanced Physics I-2H, Advanced Portfolio: Drawing and Painting, Advanced Portfolio: Sculpture, Advanced Spanish, Calculus 1-2H, Linear Algebra, Mathematics Seminar Honors, Vector Calculus|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||19||14|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Nordic Skiing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||54||23|
|Extracurriculars||Acolyte Guild, Activities Committee, Afro-Latino Alliance, Angels, Animation Club, Art Association, Athletic Association, Bible Study, Book Club, Bridge Club, Cadmean Concordian Society, Chamber, Chapel, Chess Club, Chinese Society, Chorus, Classic Cinema Club, Classics Society, Community Outreach Program, Concert Club, Cum Laude, Debate Club, Deli Line (coed a cappella singing group), Diversity Club, Eco-Action,|
|Year: 2012 - 2016||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Pennsylvania||15|
- St. Paul's School is committed to educating the whole person and preparing students to make contributions to a changing and challenging world. The philosophy of St. Paul's School defines education as all of the structured experiences in which students participate: course work, athletics, activities, and our life together as a fully residential school. These opportunities involve valuable interaction between faculty, students, and staff. In addition to its academic curriculum, St. Paul's School requires participation in four other areas of community life to complement the academic endeavors of our students: the Residential Life Program, the Community Outreach Program, Athletics, and the Chapel Program. The School's commitment to education and caring for the whole person, as reflected in this all-encompassing view of education, supports and nurtures the intellectual, spiritual, physical, and emotional development of our students.
Submit Review for St. Paul's School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
January 12, 2017
This cry is heard throughout the land as parents try desperately to compare one boarding school against another.
January 10, 2017
Boarding schools have their own jargon just like any activity or affinity group has.
January 04, 2017
There's a lot involved in selecting the right boarding school. Don't forget these ten important things when you apply.