5.00 (7 reviews)1079 Firetower Road
Colora, MD 21917
Gr: (Boarding) 9-12, PG | 130 students
- West Nottingham Academy (WNA) is a college-preparatory boarding and day school for students in grades 9-12 located between Baltimore and Philadelphia.
- Founded in 1744, WNA is the oldest boarding school in America.
- If you are searching for a close-knit and challenging school to prepare you for college and life, we invite you to learn more.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- currently in high school I think the size makes it very unique. There are only about 130 students in the whole school which I thought sounded crazy at first, but really appreciated as time went by. You form really. . .
- Currently in High School At West Nottingham Academy the campus has a very "close knit" feeling. When attending WNA you get to know your peers, teachers and their families very quickly. I was a day student for two. . .
- None At West Nottingham Academy, students are required to fulfill two Culture Credits per trimester and fifteen hours of Service Learning per year. Culture Credits are fun weekend activities that students can sign up for that. . .
- none yet West Nottingham Academy (WNA) is very much so unlike any other school I've ever attended. Now that might be because it only has (at most) 150 students per year. But you learn so much, not. . .
- The University of Texas at San Antonio West Nottingham's weekend culture credits were one of the most unique experiences I have ever encountered in my life. By requiring all students to sign up for trips to a historical or educational site during. . .
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|West Nottingham||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||11-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||124 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||130 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||9||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$5 million||$16 million|
|Tuition international students||$56,700||$47,400|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$23,000||$21,275|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 10 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Nancy Nolan|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Victoria Sobocinski|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||14|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Figure Skating, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||16||23|
|Extracurriculars||Cheerleaders, Choir, Community Service Club, Drama Club, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), Green Rams - Environmentalist Club, Martial Arts / Self-Defense, Memorial Arch Magazine (art & poetry), Music Club, Outdoor Adventure - Biking / Climbing, Recreational golf, Recreational Tennis, Spartans & Athenians, Spectrum Diversity Committee, Stage Crew, Yearbook|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- LD types supported: ADHD, ADD, Executive Functioning, language based, mild learning differences
- School accreditations: Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges
Submit Review for West Nottingham Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 8-12 | 235 students 89.5 miles17641 College Road
Hagerstown, MD 21740
March 16, 2017
Explore the incredible variety of athletics which schools offer. Athletics are not optional in boarding school. Athletics are one part of a comprehensive program most schools adopt to educate the whole child in mind, body and spirit.
March 15, 2017
"Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you..." Brought to you by Boarding Schools in the USA
March 15, 2017
North American boarding schools regularly send admissions staff overseas to hold recruitment fairs in your area.