5.00 (2 reviews)302 Portola Road
Portola Valley, CA 94028
Gr: (Boarding) 9-12 | 380 students
Priory's athletic teams regularly compete for championships while also having a no-cut policy. Our teams are filled with both experienced athletes and students brand new to the sport.
Boarding students finish their school year with a weekend away camping and white-water rafting on the American River.
Priory students celebrate after the boys basketball team wins the CCS Championships for the second year in a row.
Priory students put on two theater productions each year in our state of the art Performing Arts Center.
After a day of community service in San Francisco, our boarding students find some time to relax at the Beach.
Located within 40 minutes of San Francisco and 10 minutes of Stanford University, the Priory is a coeducational boarding and day school for grades 9 through 12 as well as a coeducational day school for grades 6 through 8.
Situated on a 50-acre campus in the heart of Silicon Valley, Priory offers a 7:1 student/teacher ratio, a strong college and university preparatory curriculum, a vast performing arts program, and a competitive athletics program. The Priory strives to create a balanced experience for students where they can explore interests, develop passions, and discover meaningful activities.
Upcoming Events and News:
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- King's College London Priory has a high student-to-teacher ratio, which means that each and every student is taken care of by the teacher and the teachers really know the students well. It helps with accommodating individual student's needs. . .
- Brown University Our school is composed of about 20% boarding students and 80% day students in the upper school, meaning we are a smaller, very close-knit community within our larger school community. (The middle school is completely. . .
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Woodside Priory||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||6-12||9-12|
|Campus Size||50 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||380 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||1927||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||30||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||13 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||21||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$8 million||$16 million|
(Additional fees are $1,775)
(Additional fees are $775)
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$34,900||$21,500|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 12||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||85||-|
|Director of Admissions||Matthew Lai|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Carole Mauss|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||21||16|
|Courses||Art History, Biology (Advanced), Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer Science, English Literature, Environmental Science, French Language, Human Geography, Japanese, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Music Theory, Physics, Psychology, Spanish Language, Spanish Literature, Statistics, Studio Art, U.S. Government and Politics, U.S. History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||11||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||23||23|
|Extracurriculars||Associated Student Body, Campus Ministry, Chamber Choir, Community Ensemble, Concert Choir, Daraja Club, Improv Club, International Club, Jazz Band, Model UN, National Honor Society, Open Art Studio, Prism (LGBT Students Club), Robotics, String Ensemble, Sustainability Club, Symphonic Band, Technical Theater, Technovation Team, TEDx Club, Womentors, Woodworking, Yearbook|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Located within 40 minutes of San Francisco and 10 minutes of Stanford University, the Priory is a coeducational boarding and day school for grades 9 through 12 as well as a coeducational day school for grades 6 through 8. Situated on a 50-acre campus in the heart of Silicon Valley, Priory offers a 7:1 student/teacher ratio, a strong college and university preparatory curriculum, a vast performing arts program, and a competitive athletics program.The Priory strives to create a balanced experience for students where they can explore interests, develop passions, and discover meaningful activities. Everything we do revolves around our Mission – to assist students in becoming lifelong learners and stewards who will productively serve a world in need of their gifts – and our five Benedictine values of Community, Hospitality, Individuality, Integrity, and Spirituality. Priory students are challenged to develop their fullest potential in the classrooms, on the athletic fields, in the performing and visual arts, and in service to the greater community around them. Priory graduates go on to attend schools all across the country, including bigger schools such as Stanford, Harvard, Yale, UC Berkeley, and UCLA, as well as smaller colleges like Carleton, Oberlin, Santa Clara, and Whitman.The Boarding Program embodies a family model with a full time Residential Faculty dedicated to working with boarding students after school, in the evenings, and on weekends. The goal of the Boarding Program is to develop independent, responsible, and kind students who will engage in their communities. International in scope, the program attracts students from all parts of the world and throughout the western United States. Boarders enjoy seamless interaction with the Priory's day students in and outside the classroom. This provides for a rich diversity of peers and experiences that create a strong, vibrant community.
- School accreditations: Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS), Western Catholic Education Association (WECA), The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Submit Review for Woodside Priory School (Priory)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12| 517 students 34.7 miles2100 Mt. Diablo Scenic Blvd.
Danville, CA 94506
November 20, 2016
Choosing a boarding school involves several steps. We guide you through the process and offer advice and help.
November 17, 2016
If you are just beginning to explore boarding schools, this article will give you an overview of the subject. We also point out a couple of things to watch for as you begin your exploration.
November 09, 2016
The New England Preparatory School Athletic Council was founded in 1942. It has grown from eleven schools to over one hundred sixty schools. More about NEPSAC and private school sports here.