American Academy in Prague
Svatoslavova 333/4, Prague, Czech Republic, Prague 14000, Czech Republic
- Dynamic, modern, international American high school in the center of Prague.
- The perfect mix of hands-on, real-life teaching with the academic freedom that all of the best American schools offer.
- Select the courses that most interest you and prepare for success in university anywhere in the world.
- American Academy in Prague is a proud sister school of Foxcroft Academy of Maine, USA.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|American Academy in Prague|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||2 acres|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:11|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||7|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Jaroslava Toutonghi|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
- The modern world is changing constantly. Experts have estimated that 47% of current professions will disappear in the near future. Therefore, it is crucial to reconsider the ways we educate our children. Where other schools seem to be struggling, we are just at the beginning. We help our students find their goals and we help them transform into highly competent people that will not have to struggle with adjusting to the world of tomorrow.
- We assist our students in finding and developing their passions. We do not tell them what they should study. Our students learn to be responsible through the freedom of choice. They choose 5 subjects every trimester and then they fully dedicate their time to these subjects.
- We understand that every student is a unique human being who requires a tailored approach. Therefore, we introduce a smaller number of subjects divided into difficulty sub-levels. We further offer personal counseling, specialized subjects and workshops.
- Having thorough theoretical knowledge is only partial success. In order to be successful in their careers, students must obtain hands-on working experience. During project-based learning, our students try to set up a business, plan a marketing strategy or start a school magazine.
- Our school keeps pace with current trends. The American Academy team consists of teachers carefully selected from all around the world. Each lesson is conducted in English and lasts 70 minutes.
- Anyone can memorize tons of information. We, however, put emphasis on comprehension and the ability to present the information. Project-based learning helps our students understand information in context and teaches them how to distribute responsibilities among each other. Thematic-based learning helps our students focus on current events from all around the world once every trimester.
- LD types supported: ADD/ADHD, Dyslexia, Dysgaphia
- School accreditations: A sister school of Foxcroft Academy a respected boarding school accredited by state of Maine and NEASC.
- Submit Review for American Academy in Prague
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG| 400 students 659.9 milesColdharbour Lane
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Thorpe, Surrey TW20 8TE, United Kingdom tw20 8te
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 294 students 572.9 milesVia Aventina 3
Rome, Italy 00153
- Grades: 4-9 | 65 students 3922.1 miles4382 Cascade Road
Lake Placid, NY 12946
August 02, 2018
Explore the different types of boarding school options in the US. Find which type of boarding school is most appropriate for you.
July 18, 2018
It makes sense to cast your net widely when looking at boarding schools. Here's why.
July 04, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.