American Hebrew Academy
- The American Hebrew Academy is the only Jewish college preparatory boarding school in the world.
- We are a caring community with dedicated faculty and staff who challenge Academy students of all backgrounds to maximize their full academic, personal, and spiritual potential, inpsiring our students to discover who they are and who they can become, as learners, as leaders, and as Jews.
- The Academy seeks to educate the whole student - mind, body and soul - while engaging in experiential learning. Our challenging dual curriculum is based on traditional college preparatory classes together with an enriched program of Jewish studies.
- We are American, Mexican, French, Indonesian, Australian (to name a few). We play tennis, soccer, basketball and volleyball. We do theater and art, we love cooking, and science and math. We are conservative, reform, orthodox and every Jew in between.
Upcoming Events and News:
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Indiana University There are so many international students. I met so many people from all around the world each year and was able to learn in classes with them. I had the opportunity to live with them. . .
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill First of all, AHA is a Jewish school. Not only is it Jewish, but it is also not affiliated with any sect or branch of Judaism. The school is accepting of all traditions and customs. . .
- IDF 1. Being a Jew and meeting more Jews around the world blowing the bubble you were used to before and showing you more environment and way of life around the planet. 2.facilities and equipments are on. . .
- Kennesaw State University One aspect of the American Hebrew Academy that I feel makes it unique from other boarding schools is the small class sizes. The maximum capacity for a class was fifteen students; this made classrooms very. . .
- North Carolina State University The mandatory Jewish studies aspect of AHA is a very important thing to me. The religious undertones of the school make it very unique. However I think the most important aspect of the Jewish life. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|American Hebrew||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||7-12|
|Campus Size||100 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||145 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1230||* National Avg. »View|
|SAT range (25th-75th percentile)||1200 - 1500||-|
|Average ACT score||26||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||10 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:4||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||24||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$18,329||$22,410|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Barbara Greenstein Boyette|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Laura Berke Hausman|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||9||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||26||23|
|Extracurriculars||Active Minds at AHA, AHAcapella, AHArai Student Ambassador Program, Art Club, Book Club, Business Club, Chess Club, Comic Book Club, Creative Writing/Literary Magazine, Dance Club, Four Corners (Tikkun Olam), Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), Green Team: Environmental Club, Israel Club, Jewish Life Committee, Partner Dance Club, Positive Psychology Club, Programming Committee, Republican Club, Social Action Board, Special Olympics, Stock Market Club, Student Government, The AHA Standard (Newspaper), Theatrical Society,|
- School accreditations: TABS, NAIS, NCAIS, SAIS, AdvancED Accredited
- Submit Review for American Hebrew Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 50 students 2161 miles345 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
- Grades: 9-12 | 110 students 2151.4 miles1539 E. Howard St.
Pasadena, CA 91104
December 05, 2017
Social media is an essential part of a boarding school's marketing strategy
December 02, 2017
Here are some considerations to ponder whilst choosing schools and when your child is actually away at school.
December 02, 2017
The essence of a private school education is that strong partnership forged between school, parent and child.