Amerigo Chicago Marian Catholic High School
700 Ashland Avenue
Chicago Heights, IL 60411
Chicago Heights, IL 60411
Amerigo Chicago Marian Catholic High School Photo #2 - Students at Amerigo Chicago have access to a state-of-the-art STEM center, as well as a technology/media center/makerspace, a master science laboratory and a research library with more than 28,000 volumes.
Amerigo Chicago Marian Catholic High School Photo #3 - The technologically cutting edge Marian Catholic Leadership Center is a 15,000 square foot Student Union, and includes a student cafeteria and a space for student and alumni activities.
Amerigo Chicago Marian Catholic High School Photo #4 - 99% of Marian Catholic graduates go onto colleges and universities, including top tier schools such as Harvard University, Stanford University, Northwestern University, New York University and more.
Amerigo Chicago Marian Catholic High School Photo #5 - Students at Amerigo Chicago have access to a professional-quality Media Studio.
Amerigo Chicago Marian Catholic High School Photo #6 - Students at Amerigo Chicago have access to over 40 AP and honors classes, in a variety of subjects, ranging from Calculus to World History - and everything in between.
Amerigo Chicago Marian Catholic High School Photo #7 - Marian Catholic High School is located on an 87-acre campus, just a short drive from the city of Chicago.
Amerigo Chicago Marian Catholic High School Photo #8 - Marian Catholic High School has a robust fine arts program, including an award-winning marching band, an active choral program and annual theater and musical productions.
Amerigo Chicago Marian Catholic High School Photo #9 - Marian Catholic features state-of-the-art athletic facilities, including two gyms, eight tennis courts, a lighted turf stadium for soccer, football and lacrosse, running and fitness trails, baseball and softball fields and a weight room.
- Amerigo Chicago and academic partner Marian Catholic High School provide a nurturing and challenging learning environment, with all the exciting opportunities of a nearby major metropolis.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Amerigo Chicago||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||87 acres||104 acres|
|Enrollment||1006 students||320 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1109||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||22 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:13||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||49||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
(Price includes tuition and student fees)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Raj Patel|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||49||18|
|Courses||Algebra I, Algebra II, American Government and Politics, Biology, Biology, Calculus, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Chemistry, College Algebra, Comparative Government, Computer Science, Computer Science Principles, Engineering 1, Engineering 2, Engineering 3, English 1, English 2, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, European History, French 2, French 3, French 4, Geometry, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Human Geography, Latin 2, Latin 3, Latin 4, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Music - Principles of Performance and Structure, Music Theory/History, Oral Interpretation, Physics, Physics 1, Physics C, Psychology, Research (Capstone), Seminar: Sacraments, Liturgy, Morality (AP Capstone), Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4, Spanish Language and Culture , Statistics, U.S. History, World History, World History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Fencing, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Volleyball, Water Polo, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||36||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Abraham Lincoln Book Discussion Group, Anime Club, Blood Drives, Computer Club, Creative Writing Club, Diversity Club, Dominican Ambassadors, Equestrian Club, French National Honor Society, Game Club, Generation Green (Ecology Club), Go Extreme for Jesus Club, Gospel Choir, History Club, International Club, Latin National Honor Society, Literary Society, Math Club/Contests, Model UN, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, Operation Snowball, Psychology Club, Recruitment Corps, Service Club, Spanish National Honor Society, Speech Team/Forensics, Student Council, The Mariner (School Yearbook), The Megaphone (Student Newspaper), Varsity Club, Video Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Stage Techs, Thespians
- Nestled within a diverse community outside of Chicago, Marian Catholic offers students a chance to study in a supportive residential neighborhood that`s a short distance from the heart of Chicago. As a college preparatory high school, Marian Catholic develops in students essential skills for post-secondary education. These skills include inductive and deductive logic, critical thinking, research principles, and communication skills, both oral and written. In addition, Marian Catholic recognizes individual intellectual differences and has a flexible curriculum of liberal, fine, and practical arts which serves students' particular needs and opens them to a variety of career choices.
- At Amerigo Chicago, you'll come together with students from around the world in a safe, enriched community that takes advantage of countless opportunities for immersion in American culture. Anchored in a safe, secure residential neighborhood, students live at the Amerigo Chicago Residential Campus and have access to all of the amenities of home with 24/7 on-site support from Residential life personnel.
- Amerigo Chicago Marian Catholic High School accreditations: AdvancED, Illinois State Board of Education, DASS
- Submit Review for Amerigo Chicago Marian Catholic High School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 40 students 1738.1 miles345 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
- Grades: 9-12 | 845 students 293.2 miles2250 Clays Mill Road
Lexington, KY 40503
Social media is an essential part of a boarding school's marketing strategy
Parents considering schools should read New York Times columnist Frank Bruni's book about college admissions entitled Where You Go Is Not Who You Will Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania. Much of what he says applies in the private K-12 world.
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.