Amerigo Lexington, Lexington Catholic High School
Lexington Catholic's Air + Space Program is a four-year program designed to introduce students to the fundamentals of both aviation and space science.
Students at Amerigo Lexington have access to the Exemplar Scholar program, which provides students to accelerated math and science courses and exposure to invaluable career mentorships.
Amerigo Lexington is located in beautiful Lexington, Kentucky - one of the oldest cities in America. This quaint southern town is a unique combination of natural beauty and bustling cityscapes.
Students at Lexington Catholic attend a variety of top-tier universities. Recent graduates have gone on to attend Harvard University, Columbia University, Chicago University and Johns Hopkins University.
Lexington Catholic's athletic facilities include a gymnasium, a weight room, locker rooms, baseball and softball fields, a lighted, turf stadium for soccer and football and live-stream viewing of most athletic competitions.
- Advanced STEM and engineering programs meet excellence in the arts at Lexington Catholic High School-a superior institution of learning, right at home in a historic American city.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Amerigo Lexington,||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||17 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||845 students||300 students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1767||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||25||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||22 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||49||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
(Includes tuition and student fees)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Raj Patel|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||49||17|
|Courses||Accounting II, Algebra II, American Government and Politics, American Government and Politics, Art , Biology, Biology, Calculus, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Calculus II, Chemistry, Chemistry, Computer Science, English I - Survey of Literature, English II - World Literature , English III - British Literature , English IV - American Literature , English Language and Composition, English Language and Composition, Environmental Science, French III, French IV, French Language and Culture, Geometry , Geophysical Science, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Latin, Latin II, Latin III, Music Theory, Music Theory, Philosophy, Physics C, Physics I, Physics II, Psychology, Spanish II, Spanish III, Spanish IV, Spanish Language and Culture , Spanish Literature, Statistics, Studio Art, Trigonometry/Pre-Calculus, U.S. History, U.S. History, World History, World History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||16||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball|
- Designated as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence for academic achievement, Amerigo Lexington offers students exciting opportunities to receive real-world experience in a variety of disciplines. Through the Exemplar Scholar program, students have access to accelerated math and science courses and exposure to invaluable career mentorships. The four-year Air+Space Academy-one of America`s leading Aeronautic and Aerospace-based educational programs-incorporates intensive classroom learning with hands-on flight training, camps, and competitions. With an elite Fine Arts department, competitive athletics, and a service-focused foundation, Lexington Catholic prepares a student`s mind, spirit, and body for success in a challenging global community
- .Each student is encouraged to discover his or her own potential through a challenging curriculum, which encompasses experiences both in and outside the classroom. Preparation of the students for responsible participation in civic life and service to their community is a part of the school`s task. Learning to evaluate, to research and to think critically is necessary if the student is to assume these responsibilities. Upon graduation from Lexington Catholic, the students should have the tools necessary to function as adults fully-qualified to carry out their civil and moral responsibilities.
- School accreditations: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Submit Review for Amerigo Lexington, Lexington Catholic High School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 1050 students 293.3 miles700 Ashland Avenue
Chicago Heights, IL 60411
August 02, 2018
Explore the different types of boarding school options in the US. Find which type of boarding school is most appropriate for you.
July 18, 2018
It makes sense to cast your net widely when looking at boarding schools. Here's why.
July 04, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.