Amerigo Lexington, Lexington Catholic High School
- Advanced STEM and engineering programs meet excellence in the arts at Lexington Catholic High School—a superior institution of learning, right at home in a historic American city.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Amerigo Lexington,||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||17 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||845 students||300 students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||22 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||n/a||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||49||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Vicky Yang|
- Designated as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence for academic achievement, Amerigo Lexington offers students exciting opportunities to receive real-world experience in a variety of disciplines. Through the Exemplar Scholar program, students have access to accelerated math and science courses and exposure to invaluable career mentorships. The four-year Air+Space Academy—one of America’s leading Aeronautic and Aerospace-based educational programs—incorporates intensive classroom learning with hands-on flight training, camps, and competitions. With an elite Fine Arts department, competitive athletics, and a service-focused foundation, Lexington Catholic prepares a student’s mind, spirit, and body for success in a challenging global community.Each student is encouraged to discover his or her own potential through a challenging curriculum, which encompasses experiences both in and outside the classroom. Preparation of the students for responsible participation in civic life and service to their community is a part of the school’s task. Learning to evaluate, to research and to think critically is necessary if the student is to assume these responsibilities. Upon graduation from Lexington Catholic, the students should have the tools necessary to function as adults fully-qualified to carry out their civil and moral responsibilities.
- School accreditations: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Submit Review for Amerigo Lexington, Lexington Catholic High School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 300 students 431.4 miles300 Calverton School Rd.
Huntingtown, MD 20639
- Grades: 9-12 | 1050 students 293.3 miles700 Ashland Avenue
Chicago Heights, IL 60411
September 28, 2017
Use a spreadsheet to develop your initial list of schools. Here's how.
September 28, 2017
Finding the right boarding school for your child is one of the most important and expensive decisions you will ever make.
September 05, 2017
Generous financial aid and a commitment to diversity are hallmarks of the 21st century release of St. Grottlesex. More here.