Amerigo Maryland, Archbishop Curley High School
Archbishop Curley High School offers a renowned performing arts program recognized as the gold standard in the area The program includes a choral program and an instrumental program.
The school features a STEM center, including two state-of-the-art science labs with compound microscopes, dissecting microscopes, superior scopes and Vernier probes.
Archbishop Curley High School offers a 1:1 iPad technology program, which integrates technology into every aspect of the curriculum.
98% of Archbishop Curley High School students go on to attend a college or university. Recent graduates have attended top-tier universities such as Brown University, Columbia University and Johns Hopkins University.
Visual artists at Amerigo Maryland will have the opportunity to exhibit their art at the annual Spring Art Show and at local venues and galleries. They'll also have the chance to experience field trips to local art studios and museums.
Archbishop Curley High School offers more than 40 clubs and activities, ranging from National Honor Society to Student Government and everything in between.
- The Amerigo Maryland Boys Preparatory Program is designed for 21st century learners.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Amerigo Maryland,||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||33 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||540 students||300 students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1060||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||21||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||20 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:13||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||52||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Raj Patel|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||52||17|
|Courses||Algebra I, Algebra II, American Government and Politics, Art Seminar, Biology, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English I, English II, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, Environmental Science, Health, Music Appreciation, Physics I, Physics II, Plane, Solid and Coordinate Geometry , Spanish I, Spanish II, Spanish Language and Culture , Spanish Literature, Studio Art, U.S. History, U.S. History I, World Civilization|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
- Archbishop Curley High School prepares young men for a successful future. A strong academic program designed for 21st century learners defines the Archbishop Curley High School experience. Located in a safe neighborhood, this all-male school has served the Baltimore metropolitan area since 1961. Rigorous, individualized academics, including a 1:1 iPad technology program, are complemented by comprehensive athletic, extra-curricular, and co-curricular programs that allow students to explore new areas of interest. The vibrant campus has a new turf athletic field and updated theater facility that includes rehearsal rooms, art studios and a performance stage. The Archbishop Curley community provides all the opportunities that students desire within personal, individualized community where each student is valued and known by name.
- At Amerigo Maryland, you'll experience a co-ed residential environment with students from around the world and take advantage of countless opportunities for immersion in American culture. Anchored in a safe, secure residential neighborhood located just minutes from the Archbishop Curley High School campus, students live at the Amerigo Maryland Residential Campus and have access to all of the amenities of home with 24/7 on-site support from Residential life personnel.
- Submit Review for Amerigo Maryland, Archbishop Curley High School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12 | 815 students 744.2 miles425 South Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63131
- Grades: 11-12, PG | 185 students 448 milesPO Box 292
North Bridgton, ME 04057
April 20, 2018
Actually, there is no secret to getting your child into boarding school. Just a lot of hard work and a heavy commitment of time.
March 22, 2018
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.
March 08, 2018
The wide range of fine academic, athletic, and other facilities found in boarding schools underscores the determination of schools to provide the very best for their students.