Aquinas American School
Calle Poniente 20, Urb. Monte Alina.
Pozuelo de Alarcon, Madrid 28223, Spain
Pozuelo de Alarcon, Madrid 28223, Spain
Tel: +34 917 99 34 41
- Aquinas American School is a Catholic, college-preparatory school, that promotes superior academic achievement, mastery of skills and content, and fosters moral citizenship.Aquinas American School offers the U.S. school curriculum as well as the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program, preparing students to further their education either in Spain or abroad.
- The school is located in Pozuelo de Alarcn, in the quiet neighborhood of Monte Alina, a privileged residential area bordering Boadilla del Monte.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Aquinas American School|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 9-12|
|Grades (Day)||Grades Pre-K-12|
|Campus Size||5 acres|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||28|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Ms Carolina Carpio|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Ms Iciar Munoz de Verger|
- SCHOOL TYPE: Aquinas American School is a K-12 Catholic co-ed college -preparatory independent private school accredited by Middle States Associa-tion Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSA CESS).
- DEGREES OFFERED: The school offers the U.S. school curriculum with certi-fied American teachers, preparing students to further their education eitherin Spain or abroad. The IB Diploma Program is a 2 year prestigious alterna-tive offered by the school.
- ENROLLMENT: 705 total, 289 in the High School, 82 graduating students inthe class of 2019. CAMPUS: located in a gated community in the outskirts ofMadrid. The school has two campuses, one for lower school and one for highschool. The buildings are surrounded by 20,000 sq. m. of green areas. Thereare lab room facilities, art facilities and all classrooms offer smart screens.
- MISSION STATEMENT: To promote superior academic achievement, masteryof skills and content, and foster moral citizenship.Omnes homines natura scire desiderant Aristotle(All men by nature, desire to learn)
- FACULTY: The high school has 27 teaching professionals who hold advanceddegrees from colleges and universities from the United States, as well asseveral European countries.The average teaching ratio is 10.6:1 in High School.
- STUDENT BODY: Aquinas is a learning community compromised of studentsand teachers from a variety of backgrounds that represent different coun-tries, international heritages and geographic areas: 70% Spanish-speakingstudents, and 30% of mixed nationalities.ADMISSIONS: An applicant ?s academic record, interview and teacher recom-mendation are all considered in the admission process. All students seeking acollege preparatory program are encouraged to apply.
- GETAFE INTERNATIONAL MADRID FOOTBALL ACADEMYAquinas offers a high-performance soccer academy in Spain, wherestudents can be part of the International Academy of the First Divi-sion Club Getafe CF following the American High School Diploma.
- Aquinas American School accreditations: Middle State Association CESS, IB Diploma Program, College Board SAT Center
- Submit Review for Aquinas American School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 8-12 | 650 students 5239.9 miles955 Harbourside Drive
North Vancouver, BC, Canada V7P 3S4
- Grades: 9-12 | 110 students 5811.2 miles41 W Santa Clara St.
Arcadia, CA 91007
- Grades: 6-12 | 275 students 3091.5 miles40 College Hill Road
Rothesay, New Brunswick, Canada E2E 5H1
Four reasons shaped our decision. I share these and other insights with you.
Does your son or daughter ride? Are you thinking about finding a private school which will suit both your academic requirements and your child's penchant for riding? Let's look at a couple of schools with riding programs.
What are you allowed to bring to boarding school? What are you not allowed to bring to boarding school? Answers to those questions and more.