Bard Academy at Simon's Rock
- At Bard Academy, our students experience a collegiate approach to learning from day one.
- Located on the campus of Bard College at Simon's Rock, America's first and most innovative early college, Bard Academy shares faculty, facilities, and resources with the college.
- Students are taught by their future college professors in an intellectually stimulating environment.
- Our culture and curriculum provide for a seamless transition from high school to early college.
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Bard Academy at Simon's Rock is listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 318 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Bard Academy at||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||275 acres||104 acres|
|Enrollment||51 students||320 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||15 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
(Includes fees and room and board)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Cindi Jacobs|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Amanda Dubrowski, Kirin Terni|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||4||16|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Swimming, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||21||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
ACT Squad at Simon's Rock, Black Student Union, Economics Club, Fencing Club, Green Society, International Club, LGBTQ+ Student Alliance, Math Club, Model UN, ORCA (Organizing Rockers for Civic Action), Pre-Med Society, Running Club, Space Ice Cream Club, Tea Appreciation Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Archery, Dodgeball, Fitness Classes, Rock Climbing Wall, Squash and Racquetball Courts, Tennis, Weight Room and Exercise Machines
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- HIGH SCHOOL FOR TWO YEARS: We haven`t condensed high school; instead, we`ve created a program that takes a collegiate approach to learning. Unlike many high schools, at Bard Academy, asking questions is not a distraction, but a welcome starting point for intellectual discovery in a truly academic, inclusive, and supportive community.
- HIGH SCHOOL TAUGHT BY COLLEGE PROFESSORS: Since Bard Academy shares faculty with Bard College at Simon`s Rock: The Early College, students build meaningful relationships with their future college professors. Faculty are leading scholars in their fields of study, and experts at engaging younger students.
- HIGH SCHOOL ON A COLLEGE CAMPUS: Bard Academy is located in the Berkshires, on the beautiful 275-acre campus of Bard College at Simon`s Rock, located in Great Barrington, Massachusetts named Best Small Town by Smithsonian magazine. Academy students enjoy all the College`s resources, including the science labs, library, art studios, community garden, athletic center, and theater spaces. Academy students are invited to join all sports teams, clubs, and activities.
- ACADEMICS: With 35+ majors, The Princeton Review rates Simon`s Rock a 92/99 for academics, higher than Harvard or Princeton. Federal data on US colleges and universities rank Bard College at Simon`s Rock #17 nationwide for percentage of graduates who earn a doctorate, close on the list to Harvard, University of Chicago, Oberlin, Williams, Amherst, and Yale ranking higher than Brown, Stanford, Dartmouth, Vassar, and Cornell.
- YOU ARE WELCOME HERE: You`ll have the unmistakable feeling that you`ve found where you belong. Rockers are visionaries, iconoclasts, pioneers, and leaders who are working for a better, smarter, world. Our students are a diverse group, but have in common: intellectual curiosity, an independent spirit, and a love of learning. You`ll find a true academic community here.
- WHERE INDEPENDENT MINDS GET THEIR START: At Bard Academy and Bard College at Simon's Rock, age doesn't define intellect: our mission is to inspire the curiosity and creativity of motivated younger scholars with a challenging, empowering, and inclusive education in the liberal arts and sciences.
- Bard Academy at Simon's Rock accreditations: The New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Bard Academy at Simon's Rock
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 40 students 2473.2 miles345 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
- Grades: 9-12 | 110 students 2462.6 miles1539 E. Howard St.
Pasadena, CA 91104
Social media is an essential part of a boarding school's marketing strategy
Parents considering schools should read New York Times columnist Frank Bruni's book about college admissions entitled Where You Go Is Not Who You Will Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania. Much of what he says applies in the private K-12 world.
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.