Bishop Carroll Catholic High School
728 Ben Franklin Highway
Ebensburg, PA 15931
Ebensburg, PA 15931
Bishop Carroll is a Catholic, co-educational high school operating within the Altoona-Johnstown Diocese.
Bishop Carroll exists to educate students in spirit, heart, mind and body within a Catholic framework of gospel values to become the best possible members of their families, communities, church and world.
To achieve this end, we rely on a dynamic academic program, based on traditional Christian values, supplemented and enriched by the collaboration of generous, talented people from the local community and church.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2021 School Data
|Bishop Carroll||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||35 acres||125 acres|
|Enrollment||164 students||306 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1054||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal||Casual|
|Average Class Size||41 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||7:1|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||7||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Stephen Cotchen|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Jonathan Nagy|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
- Bishop Carroll Catholic High School is a Catholic, co-educational secondary school, which acknowledges that each child is a unique creation of God with dignity and talents. Our faith challenges us to cherish each child’s spirit, heart, mind and body. We strive to educate the total person in an atmosphere of love, discipline, and honor.The school fosters growth in the Catholic faith in knowledge and in virtue. As a Catholic community, we are called to provide spiritual direction and reinforcement so that our students will live to express their faith, demonstrating compassion and respect in their loving service to others. All members of our community are called to be role models of the Catholic faith and of the gospel commandment of love.Bishop Carroll provides a supportive environment where students can acquire academic knowledge and strive for academic excellence. Our faculty and staff stress that it is equally important to learn to think critically, to discern truth wisely, to live by high ethical standards, and to think and act independently according to gospel values.Our faith centered community acknowledges that the best possible students are products of vital interacting forces – our church with all of its traditions and teachings, a challenging curriculum, a dedicated staff, active families, and a community that offers learning opportunities and support. To enrich the learning experiences of our students we enlist the aid of many generous, talented people from our community and church.Bishop Carroll Catholic High School will continue to provide an atmosphere where students are prepared for the educational and employment challenges of the future. We will continue to strive to empower young people to be role models of the Catholic faith, sustain an intellectual curiosity about the world, remain joyous in their humanity, and demonstrate love in their personal relationships and service to others.
- LD types supported: Language Arts (Reading Specialist)
- Bishop Carroll Catholic High School accreditations: Middle State
- Submit Review for Bishop Carroll Catholic High School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 293 students 542.7 miles24 W US Highway 6
Peru, IL 61354
- Grades: 7-12 | 215 students 619 miles1600 St. Bernard Drive, S.E.
Cullman, AL 35055
- Grades: 9-12 | 110 students 2182.9 miles41 W Santa Clara St.
Arcadia, CA 91007
- Grades: 9-12 | 40 students 357.4 miles54 W. Main Street Box 691
Baltic, CT 06330
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed just about everything in our day-to-day lives. Here's a look at how the pandemic is impacting boarding schools.
A military high school might be an option for your son or daughter. We take a look at what these schools offer.
Whether a school uses the Harkness Table™ or doesn't use the Harkness Table™ is a matter of teaching style worth exploring in some detail.