C/ Verge de Montserrat s/n, Cornella de Llobregat, Barcelona 08940, Spain
The Residence offers weekend trips to a variety of locations, sights, and cultural places outside the school that allow the students to experience and share with fellow students new spaces in a fun atmosphere.
The Residence gives a perfect opportunity to study in a healthy and quiet environment in a perfect conditions.
- Boarding School of Barcelona is a student Residence that offers quality care and a balanced and wide after classes programme with an international outlook for the students, aimed at providing them with knowledge, skills and attitudes that will enable them to develop their potential and make them prepared to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world.
- A positive moral framework provides an excellent foundation. Our Motto Community, Family, Education, Knowledge.
- Boarding School Barcelona offers additional personalised support for specific language needs.
- The Residence has a truly international feel, with around students coming from different parts of the world.
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Boarding School of Barcelona|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 1-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||6|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
(5 Day Boarding)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||8 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Equestrian, Football, Gymnastics, Paddle Tennis, Swimming, Tennis|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||11 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Chinese Language & Culture Club, Drama Club, English Club, Football Club, Fun Food Club, Guitar Club, Karate, Learn Smart Club, Origami Club, Spanish Club, Tennis|
Residence:The mission of Boarding School Barcelona is to grant an optimum environment for the development of the students and provide them with a sense of community and a place, where they can learn respect for others. A personal approach and understanding of the capabilities and necessities of each and every student - are the overriding principles of our work.The residence guarantees a safe and quiet environment in which to live, socialize and make the most of the boarding experience. Boarders are o ered comfortable accommodation, healthy and tasty food, extracurricular activities and what is more important the personalized support of our devoted sta . At the residence we help students to organize their time. The boarding lifestyle provides an excellent base to enjoy school and make friends while getting the balance between social life and studies, and succeed in both.Additional activities designed for the boarders will help them to develop strong relationships with day students and teachers, and to achieve their potential. The estate forms part of the Garraf Community and we celebrate local events and traditional " estas" in order to help boarders to immerse in the bright local customs and traditions, and broaden their cultural outlook. Residence has a truly international feel, with students from a wide range of countries making up the boarding community. Current and recent students hail from Angola, Bahrain, Canada, Italy, France, Mexico, Qatar, Russia, Venezuela, United Kingdom, United States and Spain. Boarding House hosts students from 5-18 years and offers them the pleasure of living and socializing in a friendly atmosphere. They stay at a beautiful "Art Nouveau" country mansion built in 1913 in the Natural Park of Garraf, overlooking beautiful landscapes, surrounded by vineyards and olive groves. Boarders are offered comfortable accommodation, healthy and tasty food, and extracurricular activities to help them make the most of the boarding experience and help to integrate with their peers and develop their skills and interests.Our Residence provides:
- Private rooms with bathroom for 2 or 4 students
- Full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Sport facilities: private swimming pool, paddle courts, trampoline
- A variety of games equipment Boarders are offered comfortable accommodation, healthy and tasty food, and extracurricular activities. Boarding House provides activities, both indoors and outdoors to help students make the most of the boarding experience and help them integrate with their peers and develop their skills and interests. Students are encouraged to take part in as many activities as possible. Barcelona Language College and Summer ProgrammesBeing an international school we provide various language classes for all the ages. The classes held here are as enjoyable as useful. Students can choose between English, Spanish, German, Chinese and Catalan classes alongside attending lots of practical workshops. We offer Language courses to certify your language level according to the European official framework for languages and prepare for official language exams.The annual Summer programmes include a wide programme of activities, which vary depending on the course chosen, giving special attention to learning and practicing a chosen language. The sessions include excursions, cultural and sports activities.
- LD types supported: Dyslexia, APD, Reading, Writing, Math. General Learning nd Attention issues treatment.
- School accreditations: Cambridge International Examination (CiE), Spanish Ministry of Education
Submit Review for Boarding School of Barcelona
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12, PG | 120 students 494.7 milesDorfstrasse
6085 Hasliberg Goldern, Switzerland 6085
Grades: 9-12 | 400 students 3980.2 miles88 Bronte College Court
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5B1M9
Grades: 9-12, PG | 720 students 483 milesVia Collina d'Oro
Montagnola, Switzerland 6926
Grades: 9-12 | 75 students 816.3 milesSlovenska 477/5
Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic 36001
Grades: 10-12, PG | 80 students 651.9 milesvia Cavour 13
Lanciano (CH), Italy 66034
May 25, 2017
Financing a boarding school education can be very confusing for many parents. Here are some strategies to help you understand your options.
May 25, 2017
You need to know what is being taught before you decide which boarding school is best for you.
May 25, 2017
Get admissions officer's Clayton Johnston's perspective on how to choose the best boarding school for you.