Brandon Hall School
- Brandon Hall`s mission as a coeducational boarding and day school is to provide a challenging college preparatory experience immersed in technology.
- Our community embraces diversity, celebrates individual strengths, fosters global citizenship, encourages athleticism and the arts, and inspires creativity-where every students' dream to attend college becomes reality.
Top 10 Placements
Similar Size Schools
Listed among the top 10 schools with < 200 students (out of 98 schools) for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Test Scores High average SAT scores
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Brandon Hall School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||27 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||160 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1800||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||22||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki shorts or pants, plaid skirt, navy skort, BHS polo shirt, white or blue oxford)
|Average Class Size||8 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||10||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Tuition international students||$59,100||$47,500|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||10000||$22,700|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Kirsten Knowles Perdue|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||10||17|
|Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP Descriptive Statistics, AP Economics, AP Government, AP Language, AP Literature and Composition, AP Physics, AP Spanish Language and Culture|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||12||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Equestrian, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||8||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Film Club, International Club, Key Club, Model United Nations, Science Fiction Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
|Year: 2014||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|University of Mississippi||3|
|Michigan State University||2|
|Georgia Southern University||1|
|Loyola Marymount University||1|
|University of Colorado-Boulder||1|
|University of Georgia||1|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Brandon Hall School, founded in 1959, offers students excellent educational opportunities, prepares them for the next stages of their academic lives, college and eventually their career endeavors. We welcome boarding students, day students and international students, and 100 percent of our graduates are accepted to college. Our community celebrates learning, fosters global citizenship, embraces diversity, encourages athleticism and artistic expression, and inspires students to find their path and lead the way.
- Brandon Hall Academics and Programs are designed to help students grow in 5 Intelligences.
- STEAM Intelligence - We focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math education that will prepare students for the rapid pace of innovation in our world.
- Global Intelligence - The world is "flattening," and co-dependencies among cultures, beliefs and attitudes are increasing. We provide our students with the confidences to thrive in this global world.
- Environmental Intelligence - Caring for our global, collective home will require our students to gain an increasing understanding of why the environment matters and how to be responsible for its wellbeing.
- Wellness Intelligence - Exercise and nutritional attentiveness are essential to a healthy mind and learning, and caring for one`s own health allows students to care for others. This is why sport and exercise opportunities, along with a healthy diet, are intrinsic at BHS.
- Giving Intelligence - The "why, what, when and how" of giving and service comes both by learning and by experience. We provide for both during a student`s education at BHS.
- Entrepreneurship Intelligence - Brandon Hall`s Center for Global Youth Leadership and Social Entrepreneurial Studies inspires students from all over the world to live and learn together as they collaborate to solve some of the world`s biggest challenges. Brandon Hall students are bold, visionary, and active agents of change.
- Our Performance Standards articulate a rigorous progression of academic expectations for our students. In a global environment of quickly evolving knowledge of how students learn and constant technological innovation, our educational community is wholeheartedly committed to maintaining an integrated, coherent, and adaptively current academic curriculum, aligned with the school`s mission and the highly valued attributes and skills of our graduates. We encourage students to develop distinct habits of mind and appreciate learning through a combination of inquiry, experimental design and professionalism, putting a gradual emphasis on student independent work, creative thinking and effective oral and written communication. We motivate our students to ultimately think like scientists, historians, engineers, writers, artists, and mathematicians. We believe that motivation for learning comes from within the student, and it is our purpose to guide our students on a journey to discover who they are as learners in this world.
- Brandon Hall offers an array of academic support services, including counseling, advisement, English as a Second Language (ESL), and the Learning Support Center to help students succeed academically and for the rest of their lives.
- School accreditations: AdvancEd (formally Souther Association of Colleges and Schools/SACS), Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS), Georgia Accrediting Commission (GAC)
- Submit Review for Brandon Hall School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 7-12, PG| 1700 students 302 miles7400 San Jose Blvd.
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
May 10, 2018
The ideas and suggestions offered here are aimed at the small to medium-sized schools which have limited marketing resources.
May 09, 2018
Inevitably at some point while you are looking at boarding schools, your child will ask what it's like living at boarding school. Here are some answers to those questions.
May 03, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.