via Cavour 13
Lanciano (CH) 66034, Italy
Lanciano (CH) 66034, Italy
Our professional teaching staff dedicates itself to ensure extensive individual attention is available for every student.
- Canadian College Italy is Canada`s first high school in Italy.
- CCI is a co-educational boarding school that offers an academically rigorous curriculum in a semester format.
- Founded in 1995, we have provided a unique high quality English-language based educational experience that prepares students for success in their university studies. Our professional teaching staff dedicates itself to ensureextensive individual attention is available for every student. CCI prides itself on its excellent student achievement andgraduates have accepted offers and received scholarships from a variety of universities throughout Canada, the U.S.A., the U.K., Australia and Europe.
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Canadian College Italy|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 10-12, PG|
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|ESL Courses Offered||No|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
(*36,300 Euro - dollar cost may vary with exchange)
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Jocelyn Manchee|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- The essence of CCI is that challenging learning takes place in the country of the Renaissance where archaeological, historical and art treasures are visited as a formally instructed integral part of the CCI educational experience. Classroom and book learning, upon which the School places the highest value, is dramatically enhanced when students are learning in the very places where the events being studied occurred. All students visit the major art cities within Italy and optional trips are also organized throughout Europe. The Town of Lanciano, where CCI is located, is an ancient-yet-modern, safe, and well serviced small city of 45,000 in the eastern Abruzzo Region. It is a 15 minute drive from the sand and stone beaches of the Adriatic Sea and less than three hours by bus from Rome. An important part of the student experience is to live in an Italian town and be immersed in its culture, and Lanciano has warmly embraced CCI and our students. Students attend CCI from Canada, Europe, the United States, the United Kingdom, Mexico, South America and Italy to name a few. This assemblage of students and concentration of experience promotes strong friendships with classmates from all over the world. CCI's main building is a four-story medieval house centered around a bright covered atrium that rises a full four stories. Surrounding the atrium are classrooms, the library and administrative offices. The Allegria, is a charming 500 year-old inn where our students have their meals. CCI students enjoy excellent Mediterranean food, where all fruits and vegetables are locally grown. The Allegria is the oldest Inn in Lanciano; it also houses the boys` residence on the second floor. The girl`s residence, Santa Maria is a larger building about a five minute walk from the school. We encourage each residence to develop into a mini-family so that it operates as much as possible as a home away from home. Each residence has excellent WiFi service. It is invariably residence life, with its friendships, necessary accommodations, agreements and understandings, that students have reported they remember and will forever treasure as an important bonding and enriching part of their CCI lives.
- Canadian College Italy`s mission: To provide a unique environment in which students
- experience a renaissance academically, socially and
Submit Review for Canadian College Italy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 7-12, PG | 340 students 462.3 milesChemin de la Source
Leysin, Switzerland 1854
Grades: 9-12, PG | 400 students 945.2 milesColdharbour Lane
Thorpe, Surrey TW20 8TE, United Kingdom tw20 8te
44 0 1932 582316945.29-12, PG400
Grades: 9-12 | 400 students 4477.2 miles88 Bronte College Court
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada L5B1M9
May 18, 2017
The International Baccalaureate programmes cover the entire K-12 spectrum with three distinct educational curricula. In this article, we focus on American private high schools which offer the Diploma Programme.
May 11, 2017
In 1957-58 Peter Denis attended a boarding school in Switzerland. In this article he recounts his experiences for us.
April 26, 2017
Vision. Generosity. High-minded principles. These are the hallmarks of the benefactors of the five schools featured in this article.