Carlsbad International School
Karlovy Vary 36001, Czech Republic
Karlovy Vary 36001, Czech Republic
CIS Dorm Rooms are spacious and comfortable, with 2 or 3 students in a room, and en suite bathrooms and laundry machines, in every apartment. Students will enjoy living with their friends, and will be supervised and looked after by their Dorm Head.
- Carlsbad International School (CIS) is a private day and boarding school offering IB Diploma and pre-diploma programmes in English for boys and girls, ages 14-18 in the heart of Europe.
- We offer an exceptional level of academics and residential care, including tailored activity programmes and structured academic support, that prepare our students for university and beyond. Our mission is to provide opportunities for life-long learning, inspire academic success, develop inquiring minds, and grow our students as positive members of our local and global communities The CIS campus is located in the beautiful Bohemian countryside of the Czech Republic, 120km west of Prague airport, in the renowned spa town of Karlovy Vary, or Carlsbad, in English.
- Our international community of teachers and learners, along with our secure and luxurious new facility, truly make Carlsbad International School a great place to live and learn.
- Enrolment options include full boarding, 5-day boarding, extended day student, and standard day student.
- CIS also has a summer camp, Camp Carlsbad. Students can take part in array of recreational outdoor activities to support their life style, such as tennis, fitness, swimming but also cultural activities (music band, KV tours, teaching English) and community services.
- 2 excursion days make sure that students see more than just Karlovy Vary, inluding cultural hotspots such as Prague, Pilsen, and Dresden.
Upcoming Events and News:
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Carlsbad International School|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 9-12|
|Campus Size||5 acres|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Black pants/skirt, Jacket, white shirt/polo shirt)
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:3|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||8|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
(All-inclusive, except uniform, travel & personal.)
(Includes cultural trips.)
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$7,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Mr. Thomas Keen|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||15 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Badminton, Basketball, Climbing, Cycling, Dance, Golf, Mountain Biking, Paddle Tennis, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||6 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Golf Program, Running Team (Athletics), Swimming Team, Tennis Program, Triathlon Program, Volleyball Team|
- Following a multi-million Euro investment, Carlsbad International School offers an exclusive, safe and secure Georgian campus just outside the town in a country setting. 20 million Euro has been invested in new buildings to create a wonderful campus "home from home" for our students. The campus houses premium classrooms, recreation and residential accommodation. The boarding dorms (the Tepla and Ohre Halls) are all newly built and furnished and very comfortable. Catering is to a high standard with healthy and delicious food for all the school community, whatever their dietary requirements. The new innovative academic center, science labs, art studio, library, fitness center and dining hall are all set in extensive gardens along the Tepla river. Sports and activity centers in the immediate vicinity include a swimming pool, tennis center, golf resort, riding center, climbing wall, ski area and sports arena.
- We utilize a curriculum that encompasses all the core subjects of Math, English, Sciences, Humanities, Languages, and Arts, and we will also work with students who have lower English Language skills to get them to the point of being able to study in English at a college level, both language wise and knowledge wise. In the 11th and 12th grade, students will take IB classes with the goal of an IB Diploma (authorisation pending). Our students also participate in physical activity to help their physical health, for competition and play and to support their academic study.
- School accreditations: International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
Submit Review for Carlsbad International School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 11-12, PG| 275 students 258.3 milesMühlentalstrasse 280CH-8200 Schaffhausen
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Schaffhausen, Switzerland 8200
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Grades: 9-12, PG | 720 students 344.8 milesVia Collina d'Oro
Montagnola, Switzerland 6926
Grades: 9-12 | 260 students 3729.4 miles80 chemin Moulton Hill
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1M 1Z8
July 20, 2017
American boarding schools face many challenges in the 21st century. We look at five of these and offer advice.
July 17, 2017
The media loves to focus on things like elitism and how boarding schools are just for troubled kids. Let's look at the truth.
June 28, 2017
Read frequently asked questions on a range of boarding school related topics.