Carson Long Military Academy
- Carson Long Military Academy is the oldest boarding school with military training in the United States.
- Carson Long emphasis is placed upon providing a preparatory education that positions the majority of graduating students to pursue a post graduate (college) career.
- There is a low teacher-to-student ratio in most classes and a focus on individualized instruction.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) is offered, and advanced honors courses are available for students who desire a more demanding curriculum.
Upcoming Events and News:
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Carson Long Military||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College-Prep Military||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||8-12, PG||7-12|
|Campus Size||60 acres||120 acres|
|Enrollment||85 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1500||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(ACUs, black dress pants, white dress shirt, sweater, tie)
|Average Class Size||7 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||4||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$1 million||$17 million|
|Tuition international students||$42,000||$47,425|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$5,000||$22,700|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||CPT Michael P. Pray|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Ms. Anna Brennan|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Drill Team, Football, Golf, Marksmanship, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Wrestling|
- The Carson Long experience teaches important life skills, teamwork, problem-solving, time management, and more which serves students well upon graduation. Extra curricular activities including major sports,club activities, rifle team, and drum and bugle corps. Students attend worship services of their faith each Sunday.
- The Army Junior ROTC training program motivates our cadets to be better citizens. A wide range of subjects and life skills helps reinforce other areas of academic curriculum - strong skills, communications, leadership, and citizenship.
- Carson Long is governed by a 15 member Board of Trustees and is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- School accreditations: NAIS, PAIS, Association of Military Colleges and Schools of the US, and TABS
- Submit Review for Carson Long Military Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
February 05, 2018
Small class sizes are one of the main reasons why you send your child to boarding school. Here's why small class sizes work.
January 12, 2018
December 22, 2017
Actually, there is no secret to getting your child into boarding school. Just a lot of hard work and a heavy commitment of time.