Chamelon Nomadic School
School location varies by term
--, CA --
--, CA --
- Chameleon Nomadic School is a 4-year, non-profit, year-round residential high school that facilitates individualized learning by offering control, choices, and intentional programming while integrating into local communities. Each term brings a new location that students travel to and live in, not simply visiting as tourists, but immersing themselves in daily life.
- Experiential education lets students escape the typical classroom and learn in the community they're staying with.
- Co-curricular Program Activities allow students to learn local and regional activities that open lifelong opportunities.
- An ultra-small cohort size (maximum 16 students) creates a secure and comfortable environment for students to develop while the ability to maintain multiple cohorts per school year allows greater overall enrollment.
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 320 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Chamelon Nomadic||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Enrollment||8 students||300 students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||4 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:2||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
(Includes all school-sponsored programs.)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$75,000||$22,700|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
- Our 1:2 staff/student ratio allows teachers to work closely with students in customizing their education. The location, timing, and style of learning can be matched to each student's strengths. Thoughtful and thorough evaluations take the place of simple letter grades and standardized testing.
- We strive to find housing that creates the least disconnection for each term. Rather than being isolated as in a typical boarding school or sequestered in a hotel, students live in the community alongside residents, participating in local activities and daily life.
- A typical day consists of fixed points such as meals, curfew, and all-school activities that allows maximum daily flexibility. Within this framework, students have choices in how they schedule their day. One student may prefer to break up their one-on-one English instruction into 30 minute chunks interspersed with physical activity. Others may prefer to knock out English in a single 2-hour block as a small group.
- Anticipated location for the 2018/2019 school year: Northeast (Fall), Rockies (Winter), Midwest (Spring), Southern California (Summer). Future locations include Iowa/New Hampshire/South Carolina for the presidential primaries and Appalachia. Students entering 9th grade in Fall 2018 will travel to all 7 continents by graduation.
- Submit Review for Chamelon Nomadic School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 4-8| 150 students 69.9 miles215 N. Harbor Blvd.
Anaheim, CA 92805
- Grades: 6-12, PG | 144 students 92.1 miles2800 Monterey Road
San Marino, CA 91108
February 07, 2018
Because paying for boarding school involves so much money, it makes sense to look at all the options available to you.
January 12, 2018
December 22, 2017
Actually, there is no secret to getting your child into boarding school. Just a lot of hard work and a heavy commitment of time.