- Grades: (Boarding) 9-12
- Enrollment: 395 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $65,850
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $52,740
- Acceptance rate: 25%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Alianza (Latino Student Alliance), Anglers Society, Anime Association, Archery Club, Asian Students Association, Athletic Advisory Board, Banjo Club, Community Action Coalition, Concord Academy Service Activists, Debate Club, Disciplinary Council, Entertainment Committee, Environment Club, GCS (Groton Community Service Organization), GSA, Journalism, Men of Color Alliance, Outdoor Club, Performing Arts, Queer People of Color Club, Republican Club, Running Club, SAT Prep, Spirit Committee, Step Dance, Student Investment Fund, Student Publications: Mirage, Focus, and Hallmanac, Student Response Group, Tech. Production, Track, University Theatre Program, Women of Color Alliance, Young Democrats, Zoological Society
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Association, Arts Council, Bible Study, Ceramics Club, Chameleons (a cappella group), Chorus, Flicks
- "...Since 1922, our highest priority has been the support and development of informed and inspired teaching. Many of our faculty relish life in houses on campus, sharing their domestic worlds with students. Others bring the breadth of their lives away from the campus to their work in the classroom. All bring singularly strong academic and professional credentials to their work. Our faculty combines many of the qualifications of a university faculty with the commitment to individual students that is the hallmark of independent schools. By allowing teachers to choose the way in which they contribute their vitality to students' lives, we are able to assemble an outstanding group of scholars and professionals who bring true expertise and enthusiasm to the learning experience. This special commitment to the classroom experience, together with a comprehensive program of sabbaticals and professional development, supports academic excellence." - from school website
- Concord Academy accreditations: NEASC
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Rachel Morrison '96 - Cinematographer, First woman to be nominated for an Academy Award for Best Cinematography, movies include Black Panther and Mudbound
- Peter Fisher '74 - Former US Undersecretary of the Treasury
- Tom Forman '91 - Executive producer
- Julia Glass '74 - Novelist
- Sebastian Junger '80 - Novelist and journalist
- David Lewis '76 - Investigative journalist, CNN
- Her Majesty Queen Noor '69 - Former Queen of Jordan
- Tom First '85 - Co-founder, Nantucket Nectars
- Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg '75 - Lawyer, writer, ambassador, and philanthropist
- Drew Gilpin Faust '64 - President of Harvard University
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Concord Academy cost?
Concord Academy's tuition is approximately $65,850 for boarding students and $52,740 for day students.
What schools are Concord Academy often compared to?
What is the acceptance rate of Concord Academy?
The acceptance rate of Concord Academy is 25%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%. Concord Academy's acceptance rate is ranked as one of the top boarding schools with low acceptance rates.
Who are famous alumni from Concord Academy?
Concord Academy famous alumni include: Rachel Morrison '96, Peter Fisher '74, Tom Forman '91, Julia Glass '74, Sebastian Junger '80, David Lewis '76, Her Majesty Queen Noor '69, Tom First '85, Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg '75 and Drew Gilpin Faust '64.
What sports does Concord Academy offer?
Concord Academy offers 18 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball and Wrestling.
What is Concord Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Concord Academy?
The application deadline for Concord Academy is Jan. 15.
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2019
Class of 2018
Class of 2018