Elizabeth B. Hall Chapel is a frequent gathering place for the CA community, particularly for Senior Chapel Talks that begin three or four of our mornings every week.
Members of the club DEMONs (Dreamers, Engineers, Mechanics, and Overt Nerds), the robotics and engineering group on campus, work on a programming project.
Our small student-teacher ratio allows for plenty of one-on-one time and opportunities to build strong mentoring relationships throughout a student's time at Concord Academy.
Only about 30 km from Boston, Concord Academy students have access to a first-class city to expand their learning beyond our campus. A 5-minute walk from school brings our students to the train station, with direct service into Boston and Cambridge.
Fall athletic teams celebrate our victory in the annual Chandler Bowl, which students have evolved into a charity fundraiser in addition to athletic competitions.
Theatre is one of the many arts options available for students to explore. With over 70 different courses in the arts, students are able to engage in classes ranging from photography and music lessons to dance and theatre direction, all taught by inspiring and passionate teachers who continue pursuit of their artforms both on and off campus.
- The individuality, diversity, and quality of Concord Academy's faculty and student body make it an exceptional place to live and learn.
- Life at this boarding and day school is creative and inquisitive; the people are impassioned and involved.
- The school is academically demanding. Students participate in a range of artistic, athletic, and extracurricular activities.
- Large enough to offer 364 students a comprehensive program, it is small enough to provide a caring community.
- Set in an historic town near Boston, Concord Academy is a vibrant community enhanced by its culturally rich environment.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Sarah Lawrence College While boarding schools and other college preparatory schools now incorporate art, music, sports, and extracurricular to foster a well roundedness, Concord Academy placed a large emphasis on developing the artistry of students. The dance and. . .
- University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign What I love most about Concord Academy is what we call "Common Trust." Common Trust helps CA(Concord Academy) students promote safer environment compared to those nearby schools. Students can leave their books. . .
- Tufts University The best thing about Concord Academy is that classes sizes are generally not too large and not too small, so there is always some sort of great discussion going on and I felt like I. . .
- University of Rochester One of my favorite things about Concord Academy was that the school was based on what we called "common trust." Common trust helped me to feel more like a member of the community, and as. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Concord Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||39 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||382 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||2074||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$56 million||$17 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$41,657||$22,730|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 15||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Average Percentile SSAT||86%||-|
|Director of Admissions||Marie D. Myers|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||18||14|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||49||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Alianza (Latino Student Alliance), Amnesty International Club, Asian Students Association, Athletic Advisory Board, CABBS A-Team (student technology support), Chapel, Concord Academy Service Activists, Debate Club, Disciplinary Council, eBay Club, Entertainment Committee, Environment Club, French Club, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), German Club, Green Club, International Student Club, Investment Club, Jewish Students Organization, Latin Club, Math Puzzle and Research Society, Mediation Board, Model UN, MOSIAC (diversity), MultiEthnic Student Organization, Orientation Leaders, Orienteering, Peer Mentors, Quiz Bowl, Sock Club (charity organization), Student Council, Student Diversity Committee, The Centipede (student newspaper), The Chameleon (student literary magazine), The Scallion, Tour Guides, Umoja (students of African descent), Women's Organization, Yearbook, Youth In Philanthropy
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts Council, Ceramics Club, Chameleons (a cappella group), Chorus, Film Club, Morning DJs, PAC Rats (theatre technology club), Poetry Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Concord Academy Outing Society
|Year: 2010 - 2014||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|New York University||14|
- "...Since 1922, our highest priority has been the support and development of informed and inspired teaching. Many of our faculty relish life in houses on campus, sharing their domestic worlds with students. Others bring the breadth of their lives away from the campus to their work in the classroom. All bring singularly strong academic and professional credentials to their work. Our faculty combines many of the qualifications of a university faculty with the commitment to individual students that is the hallmark of independent schools. By allowing teachers to choose the way in which they contribute their vitality to students' lives, we are able to assemble an outstanding group of scholars and professionals who bring true expertise and enthusiasm to the learning experience. This special commitment to the classroom experience, together with a comprehensive program of sabbaticals and professional development, supports academic excellence." - from school website
- School accreditations: NEASC
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Tom First '85 - co-founder, Nantucket Nectars
- Peter Fisher '74 - former US Undersecretary of the Treasury
- Tom Forman '91 - executive producer,
- Julia Glass '74 - novelist,
- Sebastian Junger '80 - novelist,
- David Lewis '76 - investigative journalist, CNN
- Hilary Price '87 - syndicated cartoonist,
- Caroline Kennedy Schlossberg '75 - lawyer, writer, philanthropist
- Drew Gilpin Faust - President of Harvard University
- Submit Review for Concord Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
March 19, 2018
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.
March 14, 2018
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
March 08, 2018
The wide range of fine academic, athletic, and other facilities found in boarding schools underscores the determination of schools to provide the very best for their students.