EF Academy Torbay
Students choose between living with host families or in residence with fellow students. There are three residences; one for under age 16, one for boys 16+ and one for girls 16+.
We love to take advantages of our surroundings! Students are welcome to go kayaking and rock climbing.
Torbay's coast path is amongst the most picturesque in the UK and the area has been recognized by UNESCO. Torbay is within easy reach of the cities Plymouth and Exeter, which are home to great Universities - Exeter is ranked 7th in the UK
- Torbay is a beach resort area located on England`s Southwest coast, popular with British and international travelers alike.
- The EF Academy campus is situated in a modern-day castle on a hill overlooking the resort city of Torquay.
- In 2012, the campus opened a new state-of-the-art facilities with multimedia classrooms, technology center, interactive science labs, art studios, and student lounge and study areas.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- - We all are like a family and it makes our school unique, different from others. We are an international school, and we are here away from our families but coming to this school one can. . .
- Cardiff University Being an International Private Boarding School in the UK, EF Academy Torbay offers the opportunity to get into world renowned universities for students who have the willingness to study overseas. Guided and taught by experienced. . .
- University of Westminster Hello, my name is Olga Kornilova, I am from St. Petersburg, Russia. I finished my A-level program at EF Torbay this June. Without doubts I can say - that was an absolutely right decision to. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|EF Academy Torbay|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 9-12|
|Religious Affiliation||Non-denom. / Christian|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||24|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
(Shared student dormitories, 2 meals daily)
(Twin room in host family, 2 meals daily)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||May. 1|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No|
|Director of Admissions||Jason M. Kirschner|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Danielle Schwartz|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||3 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Swimming|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||29 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Asian Cooking & Culture Club, Cooking Club, Debate & Public Speaking, Duke of Edinburgh Award, Game Night, Languages Club, Math Club, Model UN, Robotics, Science Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Dance with Torbay Dance School, Drama Club, Drumming Club, Guitar Club, Impact Magazine, Performing Arts & Drama, Photography Club, Piano Club, Singing
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Archery Club, Badminton Club, Basketball, Climbing Club, Sailing, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball, Yoga
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Among friends and faculty from the US and around the world, EF Academy International Boarding School aims to prepare students not only for future educational success, but also to create true global citizens through 21st century learning and unparalleled intercultural immersion. EF Academy also offers an unprecedented global campus rotation option among its three international locations: Thornwood, New York; Oxford, England; and Torquay, England.
- Local Goes Global
- Our students come from more than 75 countries, including the United Kingdom while our faculty represents over 40 countries. This unique atmosphere provides students with an advantageous experience, one that enhances their worldview in addition to their resume. We emphasize areas of study such as languages, cross-cultural communication, sciences and world history that are increasingly in demand in the global marketplace, and is conveniently located on the beautiful English Rivera in Torquay, England.
- IB Advantage
- According to the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO), students who participate in IB Programs are more than twice as likely to be accepted to the Top 50 universities in the United States. With over 30 IB course offerings, EF Academy is proud to be an IB World School. Students in EF Academy programs have earned places at top universities including Oxford, Cambridge, University of Michigan, Columbia, University of Southern California, Columbia, St. Andrew's, NYU, UCLA, Williams College, Johns Hopkins University, University of Virigina, and UC Berkeley.
- Worldwide Leader in Education
- EF Academy is a division of EF Education First, a global leader in the field of international education. Founded in 1965, EF Education First is the largest private educational organization in the world. EF`s Hult International Business School is ranked among the Financial Times` top 100 business schools. EF is also well known for its study-abroad and language programs, and it has cared for and educated thousands of young people in during is near 50-year history.
- Submit Review for EF Academy Torbay
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 7-12 | 260 students 3070.1 miles80 chemin Moulton Hill
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1M 1Z8
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 400 students 146.1 milesColdharbour Lane
Thorpe, Surrey TW20 8TE, United Kingdom tw20 8te
44 0 1932 582316146.19-12, PG400
April 20, 2018
Actually, there is no secret to getting your child into boarding school. Just a lot of hard work and a heavy commitment of time.
March 22, 2018
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.
March 08, 2018
The wide range of fine academic, athletic, and other facilities found in boarding schools underscores the determination of schools to provide the very best for their students.