The warmest of welcomes awaits all at our EF Academy Torbay Campus situated on the English Riviera, South Devon's beautiful Bay. Surrounded by stunning coast and countryside. The English Riviera may be most famous for its award winning beaches and exotic palm trees, however it has so much more to offer...
Our campus is on top of a hill which gives students a stunning view of the town to wake up to every day.
Students choose between living with host families or in residence with fellow students. There are three residences; one for under age 16, one for boys 16+ and one for girls 16+.
Our classrooms are equipped with top-notch materials and passionate teachers. The small class sizes allow for unprecedented personal attention and pave the way for students to excel.
Torbay's coast path is amongst the most picturesque in the UK and the area has been recognized by UNESCO. Torbay is within easy reach of the cities, Plymouth and Exeter which are home to great Universities - Exeter is ranked 7th in the UK
- Torbay is a beach resort area located on England`s Southwest coast, popular with British and international travelers alike.
- The EF Academy campus is situated in a modern-day castle on a hill overlooking the resort city of Torquay.
- In 2012, the campus opened a new state-of-the-art facilities with multimedia classrooms, technology center, interactive science labs, art studios, and student lounge and study areas.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- - We all are like a family and it makes our school unique, different from others. We are an international school, and we are here away from our families but coming to this school one can. . .
- Cardiff University Being an International Private Boarding School in the UK, EF Academy Torbay offers the opportunity to get into world renowned universities for students who have the willingness to study overseas. Guided and taught by experienced. . .
- University of Westminster Hello, my name is Olga Kornilova, I am from St. Petersburg, Russia. I finished my A-level program at EF Torbay this June. Without doubts I can say - that was an absolutely right decision to. . .
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|EF Academy Torbay|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Religious Affiliation||Non-denom. / Christian|
|% International Students||
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||28|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
(Shared student dormitories, 2 meals daily)
(Twin room in host family, 2 meals daily)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 31 / Mar. 15 / rolling|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No|
|Director of Admissions||Jason M. Kirschner|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Lauren Utnick|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||3 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Sailing, Soccer|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||18 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Basketball Club, Chess Club, Climbing Club, Cooking Club, Dance Club, Design Club, Duke of Edinburgh Award, Film Club, Fitness Club, French Club, Gardening Club, Guitar Club, Maths Challenge, Music Club, School Magazine, Soccer, Spanish Club, Ultimate Frisbee|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Among friends and faculty from the US and around the world, EF Academy International Boarding School aims to prepare students not only for future educational success, but also to create true global citizens through 21st century learning and unparalleled intercultural immersion. EF Academy also offers an unprecedented global campus rotation option among its three international locations: Thornwood, New York; Oxford, England; and Torquay, England.
- Local Goes Global
- Our students come from more than 75 countries, including the United Kingdom while our faculty represents over 40 countries. This unique atmosphere provides students with an advantageous experience, one that enhances their worldview in addition to their resume. We emphasize areas of study such as languages, cross-cultural communication, sciences and world history that are increasingly in demand in the global marketplace, and is conveniently located on the beautiful English Rivera in Torquay, England.
- IB Advantage
- According to the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO), students who participate in IB Programs are more than twice as likely to be accepted to the Top 50 universities in the United States. With over 30 IB course offerings, EF Academy is proud to be an IB World School. Students in EF Academy programs have earned places at top universities including Oxford, Cambridge, University of Michigan, Columbia, University of Southern California, Columbia, St. Andrew's, NYU, UCLA, Williams College, Johns Hopkins University, University of Virigina, and UC Berkeley.
- Worldwide Leader in Education
- EF Academy is a division of EF Education First, a global leader in the field of international education. Founded in 1965, EF Education First is the largest private educational organization in the world. EF`s Hult International Business School is ranked among the Financial Times` top 100 business schools. EF is also well known for its study-abroad and language programs, and it has cared for and educated thousands of young people in during is near 50-year history.
- LD types supported: Mild ADD/ADHD, Others case-by-case basis
Submit Review for EF Academy Torbay
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12 | 75 students 722.4 milesSlovenska 477/5
Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic 36001
Grades: 9-12 | 260 students 3070.1 miles80 chemin Moulton Hill
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1M 1Z8
Grades: 9-12| 715 students 3223 miles362 Mariposa Avenue
Ottawa, Canada K1M0T3
May 18, 2017
The International Baccalaureate programmes cover the entire K-12 spectrum with three distinct educational curricula. In this article, we focus on American private high schools which offer the Diploma Programme.
May 11, 2017
In 1957-58 Peter Denis attended a boarding school in Switzerland. In this article he recounts his experiences for us.
April 26, 2017
Vision. Generosity. High-minded principles. These are the hallmarks of the benefactors of the five schools featured in this article.