Erie First Christian Academy
Erie First Christian Academy Photo #2 - Every boarding student in the past three years have been accepted to attend a college or university.
Erie First Christian Academy Photo #3 - EFCA offers a rigorous course load that prepares students for college.
Erie First Christian Academy Photo #4 - Presque Isle Beach is right in our back yard. Many of our students enjoy swimming and sand volleyball at the beach. It is a great place to relax and enjoy the sun.
Erie First Christian Academy Photo #5 - The Peak n Peek is a resort approximately 30 minutes from our school. One of the activities our students enjoy is called Zip lining. Student are secured to a cable that goes down one of the mountains in New York.
Erie First Christian Academy Photo #6 - We value the academic, physical, spiritual and also social growth of our young people. We purposefully have our high school retreat at the beginning of each school year. This is a great way to welcome new students and help all of our students grow socially. The students participate in a multitude of team building activities.
Erie First Christian Academy Photo #7 - At EFCA you will find a home. The students form relationships that last forever.
Erie First Christian Academy Photo #8 - Each year many students enjoy an NBA basketball game in Cleveland. It is a great activity for our students to catch basketball game. Our students are able to forma tunnel and give the NBA players a "high five" as the players run down the tunnel. It is quite the experience.
Erie First Christian Academy Photo #9 - We have a fantastic home away from home for our students. We want the students to feel at home while in the dormitory. The dormitory has a study hall area, dining hall and game room. Each bedroom has their own bathroom. It is a comfortable place for our students to rest and study.
- Erie First Christian Academy, Erie Pennsylvania, is a progressive coeducational day and boarding school for grades 8 through 12.
- Our purpose is to develop students to excel spiritually, intellectually, socially, culturally, and physically through a quality educational program.
- In addition to academic advancement we encourage our students to get involved in sports, music, drama, art and many other activities to provide a well rounded education and full daily life.
- EFCA is a SEVIS approved school and we are accredited by Middle States Association, (MSA) and the Association of Christian Schools International, (ACSI).
- We offer dual enrollment with both Gannon University and Penn State University.
- All dual enrollment classes are on-site at the universities and students are bussed to university from Erie First Christian Academy.
- 100% of our graduates are accepted into universities including the top universities in the USA.
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Erie First Christian||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||8-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||7-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Religious Affiliation||Non-denom. / Christian||Non-denominational|
|Campus Size||110 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||295 students||313 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1200||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Kahki Pants for boys with Polo)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:18||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||53||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$6,000||$25,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Christine Burlingame|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||53||17|
|Courses||7 star - THINKING AND LEARNING STRATEGIES V6-2.0, 7 star - CHINESE I V1-2.0, 7 star - CHINESE II V1-2.0, 7 star - COMPUTING FOR COLLEGE AND CAREERS V7-2.0, 7 star - EARTH AND SPACE SCIENCE V6-2.0, 7 star - FLASH ANIMATION V1, 7 star - GLOBAL STUDIES V5-2.0, 7 star - LANGUAGE ARTS 6 V7-2.0, 7 star - LANGUAGE ARTS 7 V5-2.0, 7 star - LANGUAGE ARTS 8 V7-2.0, 7 star - MARINE SCIENCE V5-2.0, 7 star - PHYSICS V5-2.0, 7 Star - SPANISH I V6-2.0, 7 star - SPANISH II V6-2.0, 7 star - SPANISH III V1-2.0, 7 star - UNDERSTANDING THE TIMES 1-2.0, 7 star - UNDERSTANDING THE TIMES 2-2.0, AP ART HISTORY V7-2.0, AP BIOLOGY V7-2.0, AP CALCULUS AB V7-2.0, AP COMPUTER SCIENCE A V7-2.0, AP ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND COMPOSITION V8-2.0, AP ENGLISH LITERATURE AND COMPOSITION V7-2.0, AP MACROECONOMICS V8-2.0, AP MICROECONOMICS V7-2.0, AP U.S. HISTORY V8-2.0, AP US GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS V8-2.0, AP WORLD HISTORY V1, Gannon Unitersity Dual Enrollment 14 courses offered, MS COMPREHENSIVE SCIENCE 1 V6-2.0, MS COMPREHENSIVE SCIENCE 2 V6-2.0, MS COMPREHENSIVE SCIENCE 3 V6-2.0, MS WORLD CULTURES V8 - 2.0, MS WORLD CULTURES V8-3.0, RCI - Introduction to Psychology (PSYC 111 G3), RCI - College Composition (LENG 111 G1), RCI - College Composition (LENG 111 G2), RCI - Environmental Issues (BIOL 103 G1), RCI - Fundamentals of Speech (SPCH 111 G1), RCI - History of the U.S. to 1865 (HIST 221 G1), RCI - History of the West and the World (LHST 111 G1), RCI - Human Biology (BIOL 104 G1), RCI - Human Biology (BIOL 104 G2), RCI - Introduction to Criminal Justice (CRJS 110 G1), RCI - Introduction to Philosophy (LPHI 131 G1), RCI - Introduction to Philosophy (LPHI 131 G2), RCI - Introduction to Psychology (PSYC 111 G1), RCI - Introduction to Psychology (PSYC 111 G2), RCI - Introduction to Psychology (PSYC 111 G4), RCI - Introduction to Psychology (PSYC 111 G5), RCI - Mathematical Problem Solving (MATH 108), RCI - Sport Psychology (SPRT 240 G1), RCI - U.S. Gov’t. and Politics (POLI 111 G1), RCI- Introduction to Law (LEGL 111 G1)|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||8||15|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||56||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Amicus (Yearbook), Brown & White (School Newspaper), Cancer Awareness, Cooking Club, Cultured Movie Club, Fairytale club, Fante Club, Jazz and Bluegrass, Latino Leadership Club, Mindfulness Club, Pokemon Club, Raider Team, Sign Language Club, Spirited Debate Club, Student Government, Tea Times, The Voice (Monthly Literary), Westtown Christian Fellowship
Arts and Music Programs:
After-School Ski Program, Brain Bowl, Classical Music Club, Game Club, Praise Band, Rock and Blues Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
001122 test, 10-1-test, Arbor Club, Baking Club, Bible Club, Blacksmithing, Blue Key (Tour Guides), Bookworm Buddies, Declamation Club, Filmmaking Club, Glassblowing, Greystock News (Student Newspaper), JSA, Library Assistants, Math Club (AMC), Monologues, Origami, over 25 student-run clubs, Piano/Vocal Instruction, Rock Climbing, Round Square Club, Short Story Society, Sky Apperciation, Society of Latinos, Softball, Spanish Newspaper, Tech Theater, testtestetest, Theater Arts, World Cafe, Yard Sports Club, Yearbook & Photography
|Year: 2012 - 2013||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Penn State Erie Campus, PA||9|
|Penn State Main Campus State College, PA||6|
|Edinboro University, Erie, PA||3|
|University of Massachusetts, Amherst Mass||3|
|University of NY at Buffalo (UB)||2|
|University of Pittsburgh, (Pitt)||2|
|Michigan State University||1|
|Suffolk University, Boston Mass||1|
- Our Boarding school offers an excellent opportunity for experiencing culturally diverse backgrounds for future success in the world marketplace. All this takes place in a caring environment.
- At EFCA our purpose is to provide each student with the opportunity to develop and excel spiritually, intellectually, socially, culturally, and physically through a quality educational experience.
- Our mission is to bring together into a unified whole all of the resources necessary to create an environment that provides opportunity for optimal learning and student achievement to guide our students toward responsible citizenship and future career success. We strive to set an example of kindness, caring, good judgment, and mutual respect. Our faculty, coaches, and mentors seek to identify each student`s strengths, and strive to build upon them consistently over time.
- We strive to facilitate the lives of our students from high school to college. A students success is our success. At EFCA over 93% of our students continue to colleges and universities across the nation. It is our intention to keep this tradition alive by providing a sound education combined
- Erie First Christian Academy accreditations: Middle States Association, (MSA), and, Association of Christian Schools International, (ACSI).
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Erie First Christian Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
This hub is designed as a guide to the financial side of things as you explore boarding schools.
This cry is heard throughout the land as parents try desperately to compare one boarding school against another.
Graduates of boarding schools end up doing all sorts of things. Many of them become distinguished leaders in their chosen fields.