Feeding a little newborn calf is something you never forget doing--even if they often get the milk all over you!
Lily, our best ranch assistant! Sitting with boys on a load of hay they were helping haul.Take a look at the storm coming in behind them!
Helping haul hay for the animals. Hard work is a dying trait in the new generations, but our students are able to practice the art as they help take care of the livestock.
Some of our boys enjoying the sights of the great outdoors. With all the National Parks in Utah, the opportunities for seeing great sights are plentiful!
Hard at work on his schoolwork! At Fieldstone we focus not only on graduation, but on the love of learning. Our students often discover or rediscover their love of reading and learning different topics.
- Fieldstone Academy is a small, exclusive, highly intensive academic, boarding school that focuses on academic catch-up, improving parental and family relations, education and beneficial experiences.
- Students enjoy a family living environment and ranch and outdoor activities.
- Only a select few students are allowed this kind of experience in a boarding school.
- Openings come up typically only as students graduate, and the majority of our students come from referrals.
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 322 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Fieldstone Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||7-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Religious Affiliation||Non-denom. / Christian||Non-denominational|
|Campus Size||14 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||20 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||27||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual||Casual|
|Average Class Size||7 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:5||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||No||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
(Tuition ranges from $3,600-$6,000 per month)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Marv Forsythe|
Have you ever said anything like this?
- "He's very intelligent, but his grades are slipping."
- "All she needs is the right structure, and she'd do great!"
- "Every school we look at looks the same."
- If you have, then you need to look into Fieldstone Academy. We take those students who haven't found the right fit yet, mostly because they don't fit the traditional mold.
- Intelligent students who need structure and tutoring in their academics, and some serious outdoor and ranch experiences, thrive at Fieldstone.
- Our students are tutored by our staff in and out of class, using innovative and hands-on teaching techniques.
- If you are looking for something different in all the right ways, we would like to talk to you about your student.
- School accreditations: Northwest Accreditation Commission
- Submit Review for Fieldstone Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 110 students 459.7 miles1539 E. Howard St.
Pasadena, CA 91104
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 50 students 471.1 miles345 South Figueroa Street
Los Angeles, CA 90071
May 09, 2018
Inevitably at some point while you are looking at boarding schools, your child will ask what it's like living at boarding school. Here are some answers to those questions.
May 03, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
March 22, 2018
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.