Florida Prep Photo #3 - The school is only a 15 minute drive from local beaches, including premier surfing at Cocoa Beach
Florida Prep Photo #4 - The school offers a multitude of sporting options including soccer, basketball, baseball, swimming, tennis, track & field
- Founded in 1961, Florida Prep is Florida`s premier private college-prep boarding and day school for boys and girls in grades 5-12.
- The school offers a forward-thinking academic curriculum based upon the six elements that form the platform to our 21st Century Skills & Values program; Character, Creativity, Public Speaking, Teaming, Real-World Problem-solving, and Leadership.
- The program overlays our traditional academic syllabus while simultaneously equipping students with the life skills required to meet the demands of the 21st-century marketplace.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Lake Mary Preparatory This school stands out from most schools because of their curriculum and their culture growth. They have a strong curriculum that teaches and challenges kids to prepare them for the real world. Their culture growth. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Florida Prep||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||12 acres||106 acres|
|Enrollment||100 students||318 students|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1325||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
|Average Class Size||8 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:10||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||8||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$3,000|
(ESOL students receive a refund on summer fees if they enroll at Florida Prep for the 2019/20 academic year.)
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Tuition international students||$43,000||$49,850|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Safiyah Dinally|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||15|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Paddle Tennis, Soccer, Softball, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field|
Founded in 1961, Florida Preparatory Academy is Florida`s premier private college prep boarding and day school. The school is co-educational, accepts enrollments in grades 5-12, and is fully accredited by AdvancED formerly known as Southern of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS). Florida Prep offers a unique syllabus based upon the 21st Century Skills & Values program. Designed to prepare students for the unique challenges of today's academic and business climates, the Skills & Values program is the result of much influential research over the years, including work by Dr. Tony Wagner, Expertin-Residence at Harvard`s New Innovation Lab, and also the National Association of Independent Schools. In all there are six components that make-up the program: Character (self-discipline, empathy, integrity, resilience & courage), Creativity and Entrepreneurial Spirit, Real-World Problem Solving, Public Speaking & Communication, Teaming, and Leadership. All of these elements and more are present in the academic programs offered by Florida Prep. We focus on the challenges our students will face in today's complex global environment so that they leave us with the skills not only to succeed but to excel as leaders and innovators.Thanks to our ideal location in the tech-hub of Florida's Space Coast, we are able to team with companies from around the world to offer our students the best possible opportunities. With 100% college acceptance since 1978, Florida Prep offers students the benefits of a successful academic program and also a choice of innovative elective courses. Exciting extracurricular activities that can be tailored to a child`s interest and life dreams are also available. The campus is located close to the beach, the Indian River Lagoon and is one hour from Orlando International Airport (MCO), and only 5 minutes away from Melbourne International Airport (MLB), where our students can take advantage of the opportunity to earn a pilot`s license prior to high-school graduation.For those students looking for a military focus, Florida Prep has an optional `Honor Unit` Air Force Junior ROTC program, placing it in the top 20% of all AFJROTC units in the country. Florida Prep Offers:
- 5 and 7-day Boarding and Day Programs
- AP and Honors Courses, Dual Enrollment Options
- ESOL and TOEFL Prep for International Students
- College Guidance and Placement Assistance
- After School Assistance, Tutoring and SAT Prep
- Boys and Girls Athletic Programs and Clubs
- Air Force Junior ROTC Program
- Flight Training
- Summer Academic and Enrichment Programs
- Florida Prep accreditations: Florida Council of Independent Schools, AdvancED
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Florida Prep
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12 | 117 students 60.4 miles22000 Hwy 27
Lake Wales, FL 33859
- Grades: 9-12, PG| 1700 students 161.2 miles7400 San Jose Blvd.
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
- Grades: 9-12 | 650 students 980.2 miles582 Columbus Avenue
Thornwood, NY 10594
Graduates of boarding schools end up doing all sorts of things. Many of them become distinguished leaders in their chosen fields.
This cry is heard throughout the land as parents try desperately to compare one boarding school against another.
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.