Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart
Seniors celebrate Ring Ceremony, a time-honored Sacred Heart tradition celebrated at Sacred Heart schools around the world.
Our on-campus dorm is in a quiet, safe neighborhood with breathtaking views of Lake Washington, Seattle, Mt. Rainier and the Olympic mountain range. We are a ten-minute drive from necessities like grocery stores, pharmacies, and coffee shops, with trips provided weekly for students to purchase whatever they may need.
The Forest Ridge Ravens compete in many sports including Soccer, Tennis, Basketball, Golf, Volleyball, Ultimate Frisbee, and Softball.
- Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart educates young women to think critically, embrace challenges, model resilience, confront injustice, seek equality and lead globally in the pioneering spirit of our foundress. Our graduates change the world.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Forest Ridge School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||5-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||20 acres||110 acres|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Tuesday full dress uniform plaid skirt, green sweater, white polo, green socks; M, w, Th, less formal, Friday free dress)
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$32 million||$17 million|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 11 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Tara Waller|
Rosanne Tomich (International)
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||14|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Climbing, Dance, Golf, Orienteering, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Originally founded in Seattle in 1907 by the Religious of the Sacred Heart and currently located in Bellevue, Washington, Forest Ridge educates and inspires girls and young women in 5th through 12th grades. Both a day and boarding school, Forest Ridge is the only Sacred Heart school in the Pacific Northwest. We are a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school, and a recognized pioneer in all-girl high school and middle school education. Easily accessible from the nearby areas of Newcastle, Sammamish, Kirkland, Redmond, Renton & Woodinville, we're proud to welcome students from the Greater Seattle area, and from around Western Washington. Forest Ridge graduates women who change the world.
- A great strength of our school is the expertise and dedication of our faculty and staff. Student-focused, passionate, and innovating, they continually apply best practices and new thinking in Teaching and Learning to open wide the mind of each student in anticipation of the world they will fully join after graduation.
- School accreditations: NWAIS, WFIS, Sacred Heart Network of Schools
- Submit Review for Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 385 students 947.1 miles440 St. Katherine Dr.
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
- Grades: 9-12 | 30 students 2454.2 miles54 W. Main Street Box 691
Baltic, CT 06330
April 20, 2018
Actually, there is no secret to getting your child into boarding school. Just a lot of hard work and a heavy commitment of time.
March 22, 2018
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.
March 08, 2018
The wide range of fine academic, athletic, and other facilities found in boarding schools underscores the determination of schools to provide the very best for their students.