Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart
Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart Photo #2 - Seniors celebrate Ring Ceremony, a time-honored Sacred Heart tradition celebrated at Sacred Heart schools around the world.
Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart Photo #3 - Our on-campus dorm is in a quiet, safe neighborhood with breathtaking views of Lake Washington, Seattle, Mt. Rainier and the Olympic mountain range. We are a ten-minute drive from necessities like grocery stores, pharmacies, and coffee shops, with trips provided weekly for students to purchase whatever they may need.
Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart Photo #5 - Our small class sizes allow for personal attention. The average class size is 12.
Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart Photo #6 - The Forest Ridge Ravens compete in many sports including Soccer, Tennis, Basketball, Golf, Volleyball, Ultimate Frisbee, and Softball.
Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart Photo #7 - Members of the High School Dance Company perform in their annual Showcase.
Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart Photo #8 - High School students perform in the 2017 drama production.
- Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart educates young women to think critically, embrace challenges, model resilience, confront injustice, seek equality and lead globally in the pioneering spirit of our foundress.
- Our graduates change the world. Seattle area private, Catholic & independent girls school for grades 5-12
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Forest Ridge School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||5-12, PG||7-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||20 acres||105 acres|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Tuesday full dress uniform plaid skirt, green sweater, white polo, green socks; M, w, Th, less formal, Friday free dress)
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Endowment Size||$32 million||$20 million|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||Jan. 11 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Tara Waller|
Rosanne Tomich (International)
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||15|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Climbing, Dance, Golf, Orienteering, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Volleyball|
|Year:||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Originally founded in Seattle in 1907 by the Religious of the Sacred Heart and currently located in Bellevue, Washington, Forest Ridge educates and inspires girls and young women in 5th through 12th grades. Both a day and boarding school, Forest Ridge is the only Sacred Heart school in the Pacific Northwest. We are a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school, and a recognized pioneer in all-girl high school and middle school education. Easily accessible from the nearby areas of Newcastle, Sammamish, Kirkland, Redmond, Renton & Woodinville, we're proud to welcome students from the Greater Seattle area, and from around Western Washington. Forest Ridge graduates women who change the world.
- A great strength of our school is the expertise and dedication of our faculty and staff. Student-focused, passionate, and innovating, they continually apply best practices and new thinking in Teaching and Learning to open wide the mind of each student in anticipation of the world they will fully join after graduation.
- Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart accreditations: NWAIS, WFIS, Sacred Heart Network of Schools
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Forest Ridge School of the Sacred Heart
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 40 students 2453.9 miles54 W. Main Street Box 691
Baltic, CT 06330
- Grades: 9-12 | 580 students 637.6 miles4026 Maher St.
Napa, CA 94558
Explore 13 great reasons to benefit from choosing a boarding school in sunny Florida.
This cry is heard throughout the land as parents try desperately to compare one boarding school against another.
Your graduates can do everything on their smartphones with one click. An alumni relations app will allow them to click a gift to their alma mater. More here.