Grand River Academy
- Grand River Academy, founded in 1831, is located in northeast Ohio, about an hour east of Cleveland.
- GRA is a college preparatory boarding and day school that helps young men, grades 8 - Post Graduate, activate their academic, emotional and social potential and prepares them for lifelong success.
- In addition to the traditional school year, GRA offers a five-week Summer Academy and also has a 100% college acceptance rate among graduates.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Grand River Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||8-12, PG||7-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||200 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||100 students||315 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||22||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Dress shirt, dress pants, dress shoes and tie)
|Average Class Size||6 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$1.9 million||$20 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Kari Roberts|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||15|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||17||23|
|Extracurriculars||College Club, Computer Club, Peer Leaders, Proficiency, Service, Soulful Voices, Student Alumnae Council|
Club or Organization:
Animation Club, Bell Choir, Bowling Club, Fishing Club, Homeless Helpers
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
French Honor Society, Open, Paintball, Skiing
- GRA offers a college-prep curriculum with smaller class sizes (6:1 student:teacher ratio), and focused attention on the individual student. Learning is also emphasized outside of the classroom, as our program helps to develop young men emotionally and socially as well.
- Extracurricular activities include a variety of varsity sports, a no-cut athletic policy, and clubs/organizations that are student driven by current interests.
- Foundations Learning Program that is a credited, elective course that builds the foundation for academic success through comprehensive educational support. Includes a learning style inventory and assessment and daily sessions that are designed to promote independent learning through individualized tutorials that emphasize organizational skills, time management, and self-advocacy.
- The Productive Growth Center, a unique program that provides not only a dedicated space for individual and group counseling, but also an interactive and recreational space featuring a hand tool workshop.
- LD types supported: Mild Learning Differences, ADD/ADHD and Executive Functioning Deficits
- Grand River Academy accreditations: TABS, OAIS, NAIS, ODE, ISACS
- Submit Review for Grand River Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 200 students 115.1 miles1888 Brett Lane
Saltsburg, PA 15681
Boarding Schools in a Minute gives an overview of independent residential schools in North America.
Is boarding school right for you? Boarding schools offer a wealth of experiences in both learning and living which will do you well in later life.
We explore the reasons why you should send your child to boarding school