Grand River Academy
- Grand River Academy, founded in 1831, is located in northeast Ohio, about an hour east of Cleveland.
- GRA is a college preparatory boarding and day school that helps young men, grades 9 - 12 with a Post Graduate option as well, activate their academic, emotional and social potential and prepares them for lifelong success.
- In addition to the traditional school year, GRA offers a four-week Summer Academy and also has a 100% college acceptance rate among graduates.
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- UCLA What I like the most was the balance between Sports and academics. They never compromised our Academics for Sports. They would encourage having a study buddy. With my study buddy, we used to wake up. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Grand River Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||200 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||100 students||320 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||22||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Dress shirt, dress pants, dress shoes and tie)
|Average Class Size||6 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||8||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$5,500|
|Endowment Size||$1.9 million||$20 million|
|Tuition international students||$57,650||$51,800|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Tony Tucker|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Nicole Conrad|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13||16|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Snowboarding, Soccer, Tennis, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||9||24|
|Extracurriculars||Computer Club, Peer Leaders, Service|
Club or Organization:
Animation Club, Fishing Club, Outdoor Adventure Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Digital Art
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- GRA offers a college-prep curriculum with smaller class sizes (6:1 student:teacher ratio), and focused attention on the individual student. Learning is also emphasized outside of the classroom, as our program helps to develop young men emotionally and socially as well.
- Extracurricular activities include a variety of varsity sports, a no-cut athletic policy, and clubs/organizations that are student driven by current interests.
- Foundations Learning Program that is a credited, elective course that builds the foundation for academic success through comprehensive educational support. Includes a learning style inventory and assessment and daily sessions that are designed to promote independent learning through individualized tutorials that emphasize organizational skills, time management, and self-advocacy.
- The Productive Growth Center, a unique program that provides not only a dedicated space for individual and group counseling, but also an interactive and recreational space featuring a hand tool workshop.
- LD types supported: Mild Learning Differences, ADD/ADHD and Executive Functioning Deficits
- Grand River Academy accreditations: TABS, OAIS, NAIS, ODE, ISACS
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Grand River Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 185 students 115.1 miles1888 Brett Lane
Saltsburg, PA 15681
Four reasons shaped our decision. I share these and other insights with you.
Does your son or daughter ride? Are you thinking about finding a private school which will suit both your academic requirements and your child's penchant for riding? Let's look at a couple of schools with riding programs.
What are you allowed to bring to boarding school? What are you not allowed to bring to boarding school? Answers to those questions and more.