- Grades: (Boarding) 8-12
- Enrollment: 380 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $59,995
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $46,720
- Acceptance rate: 9%
- Average class size: 11 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 15
- Source: Verified school update
Groton School ranks among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 298 schools) for:
Academics and Faculty
Club or Organization:
Alliance for Student Harmony, Amnesty International Club, Art Club, GCS (Groton Community Service Organization), Grotonian (Literary Paper), Hillel, Hispanic Lanino Forum, Horizon (historical review), Investment Club, Islamic Society, Japanese Club, Model UN, Scudder's (School Snack Bar), Shalom, Social Services Club, Spirit Committee, Student Activities Committee, Student Response Group, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Interact Club-Rotary International, Judicial Committee
- Set on a beautiful campus less than an hour's drive from Boston, Groton offers the resources of a much larger school to 380 students in grades 8 through 12. Under the leadership of Headmaster Temba Maqubela, Groton has aggressively contained the cost of attendance and increased financial aid. Over 42% of students benefit from a financial aid budget of almost $7 million. Groton highlights two special programs. GEOs (Groton Educational Opportunities) allow students to explore various locations around the world during vacations. GRACE (GRoton Accelerate Challenge Enrich) accelerates students` academic progress during the summer between grades 9 and 10 if they so desire. Founded in the Episcopal tradition, Groton offers wide-ranging art, athletic and service programs, the variety of perspectives reflected in a diverse student body, and the unique leadership opportunity of the Groton prefect year.
- Groton School accreditations: NEASC
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Groton School cost?
Groton School's tuition is approximately $59,995 for boarding students and $46,720 for day students.
What schools are Groton School often compared to?
What is the acceptance rate of Groton School?
The acceptance rate of Groton School is 9%, which is lower than the boarding school average of 58%. Groton School's acceptance rate is ranked as one of the top boarding schools with low acceptance rates.
What sports does Groton School offer?
Groton School offers 15 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Track and Field.
What is Groton School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Groton School?
The application deadline for Groton School is Jan. 15.
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2019
Class of 2016
University of Virginia
Class of 2012