- Founded in 1804, Hebron Academy is a coeducational college preparatory boarding and day school located on the eastern edge of the White Mountains in Hebron, Maine.
- The Academy offers a traditional academic curriculum enhanced by courses and activities in computer studies, religion and ethics, fine and performing arts, outdoor skills and athletics...".
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Carnegie Mellon University Hebron is my home and the home of hundreds of my peers. It is a tightly knit community filled with a highly engaging and focused energy. It is the kind of place where. . .
- Trinity College I loved everything about my time at Hebron. It was truly a community, without the cliques I had come to expect at public school - sure, people had their groups of friends, but no one. . .
- Eckerd College Hebron Academy is a small day and boarding school in rural Hebron, Maine about an hour outside of Portland. I began my Hebron career in 6th grade and continued on, graduating as a senior in. . .
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Hebron Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12, PG||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||6-12, PG||9-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||1500 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||256 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||1525||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Monthly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Collared shirts, no denim)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$14 million||$16 million|
|Tuition international students||$59,300||$47,000|
|% Students on Financial Aid||
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Joe Hemmings|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Jennifer Ridley|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||16|
|Courses||(H) Algebra II, (H) American Literature, (H) Biology, (H) Chemistry, (H) Geometry, (H) International Relations, (H) Portfolio, (H) PreCalculus, (H) World History, (H) World Literature, Advanced Topics in Music, AP Biology, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, AP Literature, AP Physics C, AP Studio Art, AP US History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||14||14|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||20||23|
|Extracurriculars||A Capella, Book Club, Chorus, Community Service Club, Cum Laude, Diversity Club, Drama Club, Entrepreneurship Club, Etchings (Art and Literary Magazine), Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), Green Key Club, Jazz Club, Orchestra, Outdoor Education, Outing Club, Proctor Program, Squash, String Ensemble, Student Government, The Spectator (Yearbook)|
|Year: 2010 - 2013||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Hobart and William Smith Colleges||5|
- Founded in 1804, Hebron Academy is a coeducational college preparatory boarding and day school located on the eastern edge of the White Mountains in Hebron, Maine. The Academy offers a traditional academic curriculum enhanced by courses and activities in computer studies, religion and ethics, fine and performing arts, outdoor skills and athletics.
- Hebron`s 1500-acre rural campus is an academic village, a place where students are encouraged to fulfill their own unique potentials. Our students learn and grow through relationships with inspiring faculty and classmates in a friendly, supportive environment. Emphasis is placed on individual excellence, personal integrity, and community living.
- The Academy is 2.5-hour drive from Boston, Massachusetts and 50 minutes from Portland, Maine.
- Hebron Academy celebrated its 200th anniversary in 2004.
- School accreditations: NEASC
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Michael Zane ' 66 - Founder Kryptonite Lock Corporation
- Sean Morey ' 95 - Wide Receiver Pittsburgh Steelers
- Ed Stebbins ' 81 - Co-Founder/Owner Gritty McDuffs Brewery
- Richard Brass ' 69 - Retired Senior VP, Oracle and Microsoft. (first electronic thesaurus and first dictionary-based spelling checker software)
- Kelso Sutton ' 57 - General Manager of Time, Inc.
- C. Amy Ehrlich (Skelton) ' 83 - Merchandising Manager, Phish (amoung the highest-grossing touring acts of all time)
- Robert Curtis ' 91 - Photojournalist, Haiti, Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq
- Irakly Areshidze ' 96 - Political analyst specializing in relations between the U.S. and the Republic of Georgia
- Ryan E Vachon ' 97 - Forensic Scientist, The Armed Forces DNA Identification Lab
- John T. Iveson ' 87 - Executive Chef, The Manta Ray Restaurant, Sydney Australia
Submit Review for Hebron Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 9-12, PG | 578 students 28.6 miles745 Main Street
Fryeburg, ME 04037
Grades: 9-12, PG | 250 students 24.6 milesPO Box 257, 1614 Main St., Rte. 17
Kents Hill, ME 04349
June 19, 2017
There are many reasons to go to boarding school. The academics, the athletics and the extracurricular activities are just a few considerations. Here are the 10 top reasons why you should go to boarding school.
June 03, 2017
Is boarding school right for you? Boarding schools offer a wealth of experiences in both learning and living which will do you well in later life.
June 03, 2017
Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you.