- Founded in 1804, Hebron Academy is a coeducational college preparatory boarding and day school located on the eastern edge of the White Mountains in Hebron, Maine.
- The Academy offers a traditional academic curriculum enhanced by courses and activities in computer studies, religion and ethics, fine and performing arts, outdoor skills and athletics...".
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Carnegie Mellon University Hebron is my home and the home of hundreds of my peers. It is a tightly knit community filled with a highly engaging and focused energy. It is the kind of place where. . .
- Trinity College I loved everything about my time at Hebron. It was truly a community, without the cliques I had come to expect at public school - sure, people had their groups of friends, but no one. . .
- Eckerd College Hebron Academy is a small day and boarding school in rural Hebron, Maine about an hour outside of Portland. I began my Hebron career in 6th grade and continued on, graduating as a senior in. . .
- South Dakota State University The teachers were very helpful in assisting and facilitating learning in the classroom. The campus was small and the school community was comfortable and tranquil. There was the opportunity to get to know every one. . .
- Bay State College Hebron Academy was my home for 2 years and completely changed me as a person! During my time at Hebron Academy I was able to find myself, improve my academics tremendously going from an average. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Hebron Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12, PG||6-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||6-12, PG||4-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||1500 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||256 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1525||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Monthly||Bi-Monthly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Collared shirts, no denim)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$14 million||$17 million|
|Tuition international students||$59,300||$47,500|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Joe Hemmings|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Jennifer Ridley|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||17||17|
|Courses||(H) Algebra II, (H) American Literature, (H) Biology, (H) Chemistry, (H) Geometry, (H) International Relations, (H) Portfolio, (H) PreCalculus, (H) World History, (H) World Literature, Advanced Topics in Music, AP Biology, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, AP Literature, AP Physics C, AP Studio Art, AP US History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||14||14|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||20||23|
Club or Organization:
Book Club, Community Service Club, Cum Laude, Diversity Club, Entrepreneurship Club, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), Green Key Club, Student Government, The Spectator (Yearbook)
Arts and Music Programs:
A Capella, Chorus, Drama Club, Etchings (Art and Literary Magazine), Jazz Club, Orchestra, String Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Outdoor Education, Outing Club, Squash
|Year: 2010 - 2013||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Hobart and William Smith Colleges||5|
- Founded in 1804, Hebron Academy is a coeducational college preparatory boarding and day school located on the eastern edge of the White Mountains in Hebron, Maine. The Academy offers a traditional academic curriculum enhanced by courses and activities in computer studies, religion and ethics, fine and performing arts, outdoor skills and athletics.
- Hebron`s 1500-acre rural campus is an academic village, a place where students are encouraged to fulfill their own unique potentials. Our students learn and grow through relationships with inspiring faculty and classmates in a friendly, supportive environment. Emphasis is placed on individual excellence, personal integrity, and community living.
- The Academy is 2.5-hour drive from Boston, Massachusetts and 50 minutes from Portland, Maine.
- Hebron Academy celebrated its 200th anniversary in 2004.
- School accreditations: NEASC
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Michael Zane ' 66 - Founder Kryptonite Lock Corporation
- Sean Morey ' 95 - Wide Receiver Pittsburgh Steelers
- Ed Stebbins ' 81 - Co-Founder/Owner Gritty McDuffs Brewery
- Richard Brass ' 69 - Retired Senior VP, Oracle and Microsoft. (first electronic thesaurus and first dictionary-based spelling checker software)
- Kelso Sutton ' 57 - General Manager of Time, Inc.
- C. Amy Ehrlich (Skelton) ' 83 - Merchandising Manager, Phish (amoung the highest-grossing touring acts of all time)
- Robert Curtis ' 91 - Photojournalist, Haiti, Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq
- Irakly Areshidze ' 96 - Political analyst specializing in relations between the U.S. and the Republic of Georgia
- Ryan E Vachon ' 97 - Forensic Scientist, The Armed Forces DNA Identification Lab
- John T. Iveson ' 87 - Executive Chef, The Manta Ray Restaurant, Sydney Australia
- Submit Review for Hebron Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 578 students 28.6 miles745 Main Street
Fryeburg, ME 04037
March 19, 2018
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.
March 14, 2018
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
March 08, 2018
The wide range of fine academic, athletic, and other facilities found in boarding schools underscores the determination of schools to provide the very best for their students.