5.00 (8 reviews)
339 Paris Road PO Box 309
Hebron, ME 04238
Hebron, ME 04238
- Founded in 1804, Hebron Academy is a coeducational college preparatory boarding and day school located on the eastern edge of the White Mountains in Hebron, Maine.
- The Academy offers a traditional academic curriculum enhanced by courses and activities in computer studies, religion and ethics, fine and performing arts, outdoor skills and athletics...".
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Arizona State University Hebron encouraged us to serve the surrounding community with designated community service days throughout the school year, as well as celebrating the diversity of our school by themed dinners and cultural events. . .
- University of Oregon Hebron was so transformative for me. The main things that I can accredit this to are the the population of international students on campus and the community among women. In the upper school (the high. . .
- Carnegie Mellon University Hebron is my home and the home of hundreds of my peers. It is a tightly knit community filled with a highly engaging and focused energy. It is the kind of place where. . .
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|Hebron Academy||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||6-12, PG||7-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||1500 acres||104 acres|
|Enrollment||256 students||320 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1110||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Collared shirts, no denim)
|Average Class Size||12 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:7||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||14||18|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$14.1 million||$20 million|
|Tuition international students||$61,100||$50,500|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||Yes||No|
|Director of Admissions||Jenny Ridley|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Julie Middleton|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||14||18|
|Courses||(H) Algebra II, (H) American Literature, (H) Biology, (H) Chemistry, (H) Geometry, (H) International Relations, (H) Portfolio, (H) PreCalculus, (H) World History, (H) World Literature, Advanced Topics in Music, AP Biology, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, AP Literature, AP Physics C, AP Studio Art, AP US History|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||22||16|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Track, Track and Field|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||17||23|
Club or Organization:
Book Club, Community Service Club, Cum Laude, Diversity Club, Entrepreneurship Club, Student Government, The Spectator (Yearbook)
Arts and Music Programs:
A Capella, Chorus, Creative Writing Club, Orchestra, String Ensemble, Symphony Orchestra, Theatre Program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Curling, Dorm Board
|Year: 2010 - 2013||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|Hobart and William Smith Colleges||5|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Founded in 1804, Hebron Academy is a coeducational college preparatory boarding and day school located on the eastern edge of the White Mountains in Hebron, Maine. The Academy offers a traditional academic curriculum enhanced by courses and activities in computer studies, religion and ethics, fine and performing arts, outdoor skills and athletics.
- Hebron`s 1500-acre rural campus is an academic village, a place where students are encouraged to fulfill their own unique potentials. Our students learn and grow through relationships with inspiring faculty and classmates in a friendly, supportive environment. Emphasis is placed on individual excellence, personal integrity, and community living.
- The Academy is 2.5-hour drive from Boston, Massachusetts and 50 minutes from Portland, Maine.
- Hebron Academy celebrated its 200th anniversary in 2004.
- Hebron Academy accreditations: NEASC
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Michael Zane ' 66 - Founder Kryptonite Lock Corporation
- Sean Morey ' 95 - Wide Receiver Pittsburgh Steelers
- Ed Stebbins ' 81 - Co-Founder/Owner Gritty McDuffs Brewery
- Richard Brass ' 69 - Retired Senior VP, Oracle and Microsoft. (first electronic thesaurus and first dictionary-based spelling checker software)
- Kelso Sutton ' 57 - General Manager of Time, Inc.
- C. Amy Ehrlich (Skelton) ' 83 - Merchandising Manager, Phish (amoung the highest-grossing touring acts of all time)
- Robert Curtis ' 91 - Photojournalist, Haiti, Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq
- Irakly Areshidze ' 96 - Political analyst specializing in relations between the U.S. and the Republic of Georgia
- Ryan E Vachon ' 97 - Forensic Scientist, The Armed Forces DNA Identification Lab
- John T. Iveson ' 87 - Executive Chef, The Manta Ray Restaurant, Sydney Australia
Profile last updated:
- Submit Review for Hebron Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 578 students 28.6 miles745 Main Street
Fryeburg, ME 04037
Social media is an essential part of a boarding school's marketing strategy
Parents considering schools should read New York Times columnist Frank Bruni's book about college admissions entitled Where You Go Is Not Who You Will Be: An Antidote to the College Admissions Mania. Much of what he says applies in the private K-12 world.
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.