- Grades: (Boarding) 6-12, PG
- Enrollment: 262 students
- Yearly Tuition (Boarding Students): $58,900
- Yearly Tuition (Day Students): $32,600
- Acceptance rate: 65%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Collared shirts, no denim
AP / Advanced Courses
Club or Organization:
Book Club, Community Service Club, Cum Laude, Diversity Club, Entrepreneurship Club, Student Government, The Spectator (Yearbook)
Arts and Music Programs:
A Capella, Chorus, Creative Writing Club, Orchestra, String Ensemble, Symphony Orchestra, Theatre Program
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Curling, Dorm Board
- Founded in 1804, Hebron Academy is a coeducational college preparatory boarding and day school located on the eastern edge of the White Mountains in Hebron, Maine. The Academy offers a traditional academic curriculum enhanced by courses and activities in computer studies, religion and ethics, fine and performing arts, outdoor skills and athletics.
- Hebron`s 1500-acre rural campus is an academic village, a place where students are encouraged to fulfill their own unique potentials. Our students learn and grow through relationships with inspiring faculty and classmates in a friendly, supportive environment. Emphasis is placed on individual excellence, personal integrity, and community living.
- The Academy is 2.5-hour drive from Boston, Massachusetts and 50 minutes from Portland, Maine.
- Hebron Academy celebrated its 200th anniversary in 2004.
- Hebron Academy accreditations: NEASC
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Michael Zane ' 66 - Founder Kryptonite Lock Corporation
- Sean Morey ' 95 - Wide Receiver Pittsburgh Steelers
- Ed Stebbins ' 81 - Co-Founder/Owner Gritty McDuffs Brewery
- Richard Brass ' 69 - Retired Senior VP, Oracle and Microsoft. (first electronic thesaurus and first dictionary-based spelling checker software)
- Kelso Sutton ' 57 - General Manager of Time, Inc.
- C. Amy Ehrlich (Skelton) ' 83 - Merchandising Manager, Phish (amoung the highest-grossing touring acts of all time)
- Robert Curtis ' 91 - Photojournalist, Haiti, Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq
- Irakly Areshidze ' 96 - Political analyst specializing in relations between the U.S. and the Republic of Georgia
- Ryan E Vachon ' 97 - Forensic Scientist, The Armed Forces DNA Identification Lab
- John T. Iveson ' 87 - Executive Chef, The Manta Ray Restaurant, Sydney Australia
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Hebron Academy cost?
Hebron Academy's tuition is approximately $58,900 for boarding students and $32,600 for day students.
What is the acceptance rate of Hebron Academy?
The acceptance rate of Hebron Academy is 65%, which is higher than the boarding school average of 58%.
Who are famous alumni from Hebron Academy?
Hebron Academy famous alumni include: Michael Zane ' 66, Sean Morey ' 95, Ed Stebbins ' 81, Richard Brass ' 69, Kelso Sutton ' 57, C. Amy Ehrlich (Skelton) ' 83, Robert Curtis ' 91, Irakly Areshidze ' 96, Ryan E Vachon ' 97 and John T. Iveson ' 87.
What sports does Hebron Academy offer?
Hebron Academy offers 22 interscholastic sports: Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Mountaineering, Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Tennis, Track and Track and Field.
What is Hebron Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Hebron Academy?
The application deadline for Hebron Academy is Feb. 1 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 1 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Alumni Reviews Review School
Class of 2020
University of Alabama
Class of 2017
Arizona State University
Class of 2017
University of Oregon