Howe Military Academy
5.00 (1 review)
5755 North State Road 9/P.O. Box 240
Howe, IN 46746
Howe, IN 46746
- Howe Military Academy: Preparing global leaders by providing a rigorous education grounded in Christian values within a structured military environment.For more than 130 years, we have been perfecting our education model so we can make life at Howe as predictable and stable as possible for your child.
- Our fusion of military structure, Christian values, and educational rigor helps students feel cared for while demanding respect, self-discipline, and academic growth.
Upcoming Events and News:
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Adrian College I wouldn't of graduated if it wasn't for Howe. I wouldn't of landed and retired from the medical field if it wasn't for Howe. I wouldn't of gotten a quality education if it wasn't for. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Howe Military||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College-Prep Military||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||100 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||82 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1450||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||8 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||3||16|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
(Includes tuition, books, meals, room, and uniforms)
(Includes tuition, books, meals, and uniforms.)
|Tuition international students||$38,380||$47,400|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$6,000||$22,380|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Mrs. Jodi Clouse|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Mrs. Marisue Barton|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Drill Team, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Riflery, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||28||23|
|Extracurriculars||Acolytes, Airsoft Club, Alpha Delta Tau, Cannon Crew, Choir, Color Guard, CyberPatriot, Drama Club, Drill Team, Entrepreneurship Club, History Club, Iron Guard, L.I.F.E., Marching Band, Martial Arts, National Honor Society, Old Guard, Pep Band, Raiders, Robotics, SCUBA, Sea Scouts, Speech Team, Student Government, Table Tennis,|
- Howe Military Academy is an independent, college-preparatory, co-ed, Christian boarding school for grades 7-12. Nestled on a 100 acre park-like setting, Howe is located in northeast Indiana`s beautiful lake country.
- Day School offered to students within a 30 mile radius of our campus for grades 7-12.
- After his death, the estate of Mr. John B. Howe, a successful educator, attorney, businessman and author, was combined with funds from Mrs. Howe and others to open the school in 1884. Ten years after the opening of the school, Howe was changed from a grammar school to a military school.
- Howe`s cadets learn how to transfer the benefits of military discipline, organization, and leadership to their college and career path.
- All high school cadets are required to enroll in Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps classes.
- Howe`s JROTC program has been recognized, since 1921, by the United States Army, as a program 'with distinction'.
- Now working with Trine University, Howe offers dual-credit courses to juniors and seniors. Ninety percent of Howe`s graduates go on to college and University studies.
- LD types supported: IEPs, 504 Plan
- School accreditations: State of Indiana, The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS), National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Submit Review for Howe Military Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12, PG | 100 students 588.9 miles78 Academy Avenue
Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY 12520
September 05, 2017
Generous financial aid and a commitment to diversity are hallmarks of the 21st century release of St. Grottlesex. More here.
August 29, 2017
The International Baccalaureate programmes cover the entire K-12 spectrum with three distinct educational curricula. In this article, we focus on American private high schools which offer the Diploma Programme.
August 29, 2017
Here then are a dozen boarding schools which charge approximately $20,000 per year or less for tuition, room and board.