Howe Military Academy
5.00 (6 reviews)
5755 North State Road 9/P.O. Box 240
Howe, IN 46746
Howe, IN 46746
- Howe Military Academy: Preparing global leaders by providing a rigorous education grounded in Christian values within a structured military environment.For more than 130 years, we have been perfecting our education model so we can make life at Howe as predictable and stable as possible for your child.
- Our fusion of military structure, Christian values, and educational rigor helps students feel cared for while demanding respect, self-discipline, and academic growth.
Upcoming Events and News:
Alumni Reviews Review School
- Review Description
- Ivy Tech Howe military really brought me out of my shell, and showed me how to be a leader. I also got more individual help on all my school work, if I had any questions. Howe put. . .
- Purdue University One unique aspect of Howe was that incorporated the military into every aspect of the day. From uniforms to the schedule it showed you how being in the military was really like and I don't. . .
- US Navy I liked the fact that we had a lot of one on one with teachers. And academics played a huge role in that aspect, my grades flew because I had a teacher focus more time. . .
- Benedictine University The class sizes allow for educators to cater to the needs of each student. Taking time to clarify a subject to a student that may not have a grasp on the material yet is not. . .
- Adrian College I wouldn't of graduated if it wasn't for Howe. I wouldn't of landed and retired from the medical field if it wasn't for Howe. I wouldn't of gotten a quality education if it wasn't for. . .
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Howe Military||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College-Prep Military||College Preparatory|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||100 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||82 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1450||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||8 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||3||17|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
(Includes tuition, books, meals, room, and uniforms)
(Includes tuition, books, meals, and uniforms.)
|Tuition international students||$38,380||$47,500|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||$6,000||$22,730|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||No||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Mrs. Jodi Clouse|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Mrs. Marisue Barton|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||14|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Drill Team, Lacrosse, Marksmanship, Riflery, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball, Wrestling|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||28||23|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Acolytes, Airsoft Club, Alpha Delta Tau, Cannon Crew, Color Guard, CyberPatriot, Drill Team, Entrepreneurship Club, History Club, Iron Guard, L.I.F.E., National Honor Society, Old Guard, Raiders, Robotics, Sea Scouts, Speech Team, Student Government, Table Tennis, Varsity Howe Club, Yearbook Staff
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama Club, Marching Band, Pep Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Martial Arts, SCUBA, Weight Lifting
- Howe Military Academy is an independent, college-preparatory, co-ed, Christian boarding school for grades 7-12. Nestled on a 100 acre park-like setting, Howe is located in northeast Indiana`s beautiful lake country.
- Day School offered to students within a 30 mile radius of our campus for grades 7-12.
- After his death, the estate of Mr. John B. Howe, a successful educator, attorney, businessman and author, was combined with funds from Mrs. Howe and others to open the school in 1884. Ten years after the opening of the school, Howe was changed from a grammar school to a military school.
- Howe`s cadets learn how to transfer the benefits of military discipline, organization, and leadership to their college and career path.
- All high school cadets are required to enroll in Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps classes.
- Howe`s JROTC program has been recognized, since 1921, by the United States Army, as a program 'with distinction'.
- Now working with Trine University, Howe offers dual-credit courses to juniors and seniors. Ninety percent of Howe`s graduates go on to college and University studies.
- LD types supported: IEPs, 504 Plan
- School accreditations: State of Indiana, The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS), National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Submit Review for Howe Military Academy
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12, PG | 100 students 588.9 miles78 Academy Avenue
Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY 12520
March 19, 2018
Some cynics think single-sex education is old-fashioned. The Kiski School shows how educating boys in a single-sex school is successful.
March 14, 2018
Determining which programs are 'must haves' is an important part of choosing the right boarding school for your child.
March 08, 2018
The wide range of fine academic, athletic, and other facilities found in boarding schools underscores the determination of schools to provide the very best for their students.