International School of Schaffhausen (ISSH)
Mühlentalstrasse 280CH-8200 Schaffhausen, Schaffhausen 8200, Switzerland
- ISSH is a well-established private international school in northern Switzerland
- Over 47 nationalities are represented in our student body This diversity of cultures, languages, faiths and experiences creates a learning and living environment which is extremely rich in perspectives and where care and respect for one another are fundamental.
- Our Junior College boarding programme is specifically designed for teenagers aged 16-18 from around the world.
- Students are invited to join our international community of learners, to share our passion for knowledge and to develop into lifelong learners.
- We offer a unique residential programme and an international university entrance qualification, the IB Diploma, that will open doors to universities across Europe, America, Africa or Australasia.
- Due to our emphasis on fostering independence and the huge range of extra-curricular opportunities, our residential programme develops responsible young adults who are well prepared for university life and have a clear vision of their talents, strengths and goals for life.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|International School of Schaffhausen (ISSH)|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 11-12, PG|
|Grades (Day)||Grades Pre-K-12, PG|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||3 acres|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||11|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Barbara Camenzind|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Nick Wragg|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||7 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cycling, Football, Gymnastics, Snowboarding, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||6 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Baking Club, Cooking Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dance Club, Hockey Club, Rugby Clu
ISSH Junior College turns teenagers into independent and responsible young adults who are well prepared for university life abroad and have a clear vision of their talents, strengths and goals for life.
- Residential programme for senior students (age 16-19) in their final two years of secondary education
- Strong academic curriculum (International Baccalaureate Diploma)
- Entrance qualification for universities across Europe, America, Africa and Australasia
- Intensive language programme in English and German
- Individual career counseling and university service, including work experience projects
- Extra curricular activities and excursions in Switzerland and Europe
- Focus on active healthy lifestyle, independence and intercultural understanding
- International School of Schaffhausen (ISSH) accreditations: IB World School, Swiss Federation of Private Schools
- Submit Review for International School of Schaffhausen (ISSH)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 7-12, PG | 340 students 122.1 milesChemin de la Source
Leysin, Switzerland 1854
- Grades: 8-12, PG | 120 students 71 milesDorfstrasse
6085 Hasliberg Goldern, Switzerland 6085
- Grades: 9-12 | 55 students 258.3 milesSlovenska 477/5
Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic 36001
- Grades: 6-12, PG| 715 students 120.4 milesVia Collina d'Oro
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Montagnola, Switzerland 6926
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Learn about an initially reluctant parent's perspective on boarding school.
Visiting schools on your short list is very important. During your visit observe and ask questions.
Thinking about sending your tween to boarding school? The personal attention and comprehensive programs which junior boarding schools offer are worth a serious review.