International School of Schaffhausen (ISSH)
Mühlentalstrasse 280CH-8200 Schaffhausen, Schaffhausen 8200, Switzerland
- ISSH is a well-established private international school in northern Switzerland
- Over 47 nationalities are represented in our student body This diversity of cultures, languages, faiths and experiences creates a learning and living environment which is extremely rich in perspectives and where care and respect for one another are fundamental.
- Our Junior College boarding programme is specifically designed for teenagers aged 16-18 from around the world.
- Students are invited to join our international community of learners, to share our passion for knowledge and to develop into lifelong learners.
- We offer a unique residential programme and an international university entrance qualification, the IB Diploma, that will open doors to universities across Europe, America, Africa or Australasia.
- Due to our emphasis on fostering independence and the huge range of extra-curricular opportunities, our residential programme develops responsible young adults who are well prepared for university life and have a clear vision of their talents, strengths and goals for life.
|Definition of Terms|
| 2019 School Data
|International School of Schaffhausen (ISSH)|
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 11-12, PG|
|Grades (Day)||Grades Pre-K-12, PG|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||3 acres|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:8|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||11|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Barbara Camenzind|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Nick Wragg|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||7 Interscholastic Sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cycling, Football, Gymnastics, Snowboarding, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||6 Extracurriculars|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Baking Club, Cooking Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dance Club, Hockey Club, Rugby Clu
ISSH Junior College turns teenagers into independent and responsible young adults who are well prepared for university life abroad and have a clear vision of their talents, strengths and goals for life.
- Residential programme for senior students (age 16-19) in their final two years of secondary education
- Strong academic curriculum (International Baccalaureate Diploma)
- Entrance qualification for universities across Europe, America, Africa and Australasia
- Intensive language programme in English and German
- Individual career counseling and university service, including work experience projects
- Extra curricular activities and excursions in Switzerland and Europe
- Focus on active healthy lifestyle, independence and intercultural understanding
- International School of Schaffhausen (ISSH) accreditations: IB World School, Swiss Federation of Private Schools
- Submit Review for International School of Schaffhausen (ISSH)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 7-12, PG | 340 students 122.1 milesChemin de la Source
Leysin, Switzerland 1854
- Grades: 8-12, PG | 120 students 71 milesDorfstrasse
6085 Hasliberg Goldern, Switzerland 6085
- Grades: 9-12 | 55 students 258.3 milesSlovenska 477/5
Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic 36001
- Grades: 6-12, PG| 715 students 120.4 milesVia Collina d'Oro
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Montagnola, Switzerland 6926
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Readers send dozens of questions via Facebook, Twitter and email. What do they ask? Readers want to know which is the best school in a particular country or region. A close second is figuring out how to pay for a private school education. Here are some readers' questions with my answers.
The essence of a private school education is that strong partnership forged between school, parent and child.
Two kinds of admissions are in use at American boarding schools: admissions with a fixed deadline and rolling admissions. We take a look at rolling admissions.