Leman Manhattan Preparatory School is located near the New York Stock Exchange and the Wall Street Bull in Lower Manhattan.
Through collaboration with students representing a range of cultures and languages and the breadth and depth of the IB program, Leman students graduate as engaged global citizens.
Leman Manhattan Preparatory School fine arts programs focus on a culture of excellence and critical thinking which transfers to everything they do.
Leman Manhattan encourages young minds to see the world from fresh perspectives. As the only college preparatory school in Manhattan with established sister schools in Europe, Asia, Latin America and throughout the United States, the opportunities for international collaboration are endless.
The Leman Manhattan student body is comprised of more than 40 nationalities. As the only boarding school in Manhattan we serve over 80 residential students from all corners of the globe including Sweden, China, Poland, Spain, and Russia.
One of Leman's two student apartments at 37 Wall St. Our other apartment style hosts 4 students in two bedrooms with two bathrooms.
Leman residence hall common space. Students can often be found spending time together in the common area playing games, watching Netflix, cooking home made meals, or simply relaxing.
- As an International Baccalaureate school with a diverse and vibrant student community, Leman Manhattan delivers "world views from every classroom."
- As the only boarding school in New York City, Leman offers students an unparalleled high school experience, ranging from internships at Manhattan's best medical institutions to weekend excursions to 5th Avenue and Broadway.
- Leman cultivates student leaders with an array of talents across academics, fine arts, athletics and community service, demonstrated through strong college placement.
|Definition of Terms |
2017 School Data
|Leman Manhattan||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Campus Size||1 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||750 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||1770||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Mixture of informal and formal uniform days)
|Average Class Size||18 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:9||1:7|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||30||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
(*Covers tuition, residences, gym, laundry service)
(*Day students grades 5-12)
(5 Day Boarding)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Accepts Standardized Application||No||No|
|Director of Admissions||Ryan Hannon|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Elizabeth Durham|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||n/a||17|
|Courses||IB Biology HL, IB Chemistry SL, HL, IB Economics HL, IB English Language and Literature SL, HL, IB Environmental Systems and Societies SL, IB Film SL, HL, IB French SL, IB French SL, ab initio, IB History SL, HL, IB Mandarin SL, ab initio, IB Mathematical Studies SL, IB Mathematics SL, HL, IB Physics SL, HL, IB Spanish SL, IB Spanish SL, ab initio, IB Theater SL, HL, IB Visual Arts SL, HL|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||18||15|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Cross Country Running, Dance, Golf, Lacrosse, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Swimming and Diving, Tennis, Track, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||20||24|
|Extracurriculars||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, Film Making Club, Literary Journal, Model UN, Photography, School Newspaper, Student Government
Arts and Music Programs:
Advanced Voice Studio, Band, Graphic Design, Jazz Club, Theatre, Voice Lab
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Dance Club, Fencing Club, Flag Football, Soccer, Volleyball, Yoga Club, Zumba
|Year: 2015 - 2016||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|New York University||7|
|The New School||7|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Nestled in the heart of downtown New York City, Leman Manhattan delivers world-class academic excellence and an unparalleled learning experience that inspires for a lifetime. Through our internationally-focused curriculum and experienced teaching staff, Leman Manhattan prepares students to become engaged citizens of the world, ready for success at their top-choice universities and beyond. Our distinctive Personalized Learning Plans teach to each child's strengths and aspirations, propelling individual growth. Leman Manhattan is one of four independent schools in Manhattan to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and the first to offer full boarding services.
- School accreditations: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, National Independent Private Schools Association
- Submit Review for Leman Manhattan
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 41 students 3.7 miles1460 Broadway Street #7032
New York, NY 10036
- Grades: 6-12, PG| 368 students 94.4 miles18 Goodfriend Drive
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
East Hampton, NY 11937
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
August 02, 2018
Explore the different types of boarding school options in the US. Find which type of boarding school is most appropriate for you.
July 18, 2018
It makes sense to cast your net widely when looking at boarding schools. Here's why.
July 04, 2018
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.