1 Morris Street
New York, NY 10004
New York, NY 10004
Leman Manhattan Preparatory School is located near the New York Stock Exchange and the Wall Street Bull in Lower Manhattan.
Through collaboration with students representing a range of cultures and languages and the breadth and depth of the IB program, Leman students graduate as engaged global citizens.
Leman Manhattan Preparatory School fine arts programs focus on a culture of excellence and critical thinking which transfers to everything they do.
Leman Manhattan encourages young minds to see the world from fresh perspectives. As the only college preparatory school in Manhattan with established sister schools in Europe, Asia, Latin America and throughout the United States, the opportunities for international collaboration are endless.
The Leman Manhattan student body is comprised of more than 40 nationalities. As the only boarding school in Manhattan we serve over 80 residential students from all corners of the globe including Sweden, China, Poland, Spain, and Russia.
- As an International Baccalaureate school with a diverse and vibrant student community, Leman Manhattan delivers "world views from every classroom."
- As the only boarding school in New York City, Leman offers students an unparalleled high school experience, ranging from internships at Manhattan's best medical institutions to weekend excursions to 5th Avenue and Broadway.
- Leman cultivates student leaders with an array of talents across academics, fine arts, athletics and community service, demonstrated through strong college placement.
|Definition of Terms
2016 School Data
|Leman Manhattan||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered (Boarding)||9-12||9-12|
|Grades Offered (Day)||Pre-K-12||9-12|
|Campus Size||1 acres||110 acres|
|Enrollment||750 students||298 students|
|% Students of Color||
|% International Students||
|% Students Boarding||
|Average SAT Score||1770||* National Avg. »View|
|Average ACT score||24||*National Avg. » View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||No||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Mixture of informal and formal uniform days)
|Average Class Size||18 students||12
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:6||1:7|
|Number of IB Courses Offered||30||-|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree||
|Summer Program Offered||No||Yes|
(*Covers tuition, room & board)
(*Day students grades 5-12)
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Ryan Hannon|
|Associate Director of Admissions||Elizabeth Durham|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
AP / Advanced Courses
|# of AP / Advanced Courses Offered||n/a||16|
|Courses||IB Biology HL, IB Chemistry SL, HL, IB Economics HL, IB English Language and Literature SL, HL, IB Environmental Systems and Societies SL, IB Film SL, HL, IB French SL, IB French SL, ab initio, IB History SL, HL, IB Mandarin SL, ab initio, IB Mathematical Studies SL, IB Mathematics SL, HL, IB Physics SL, HL, IB Spanish SL, IB Spanish SL, ab initio, IB Theater SL, HL, IB Visual Arts SL, HL|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||10||14|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
|Total Extracurricular Organizations||18||23|
|Extracurriculars||Advanced Voice Studio, Band, Chess Club, Fencing Club, Film Making Club, Flag Football, Graphic Design, Jazz Club, Literary Journal, Model UN, Photography, School Newspaper, Soccer, Student Government, Theatre, Voice Lab, Volleyball, Zumba|
|Year: 2015 - 2016||10 Most Popular College Choices (# Enrolled)|
|New York University||7|
|The New School||7|
|Link to Matriculation Data|
- Nestled in the heart of downtown New York City, Leman Manhattan delivers world-class academic excellence and an unparalleled learning experience that inspires for a lifetime. Through our internationally-focused curriculum and experienced teaching staff, Leman Manhattan prepares students to become engaged citizens of the world, ready for success at their top-choice universities and beyond. Our distinctive Personalized Learning Plans teach to each child's strengths and aspirations, propelling individual growth. Leman Manhattan is one of four independent schools in Manhattan to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme and the first to offer full boarding services.
- School accreditations: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, National Independent Private Schools Association
Submit Review for Leman Manhattan
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Grades: 10-12 | 41 students 5.7 miles1460 Broadway Street #7032
New York, NY 10036
Grades: 7-12, PG| 440 students 94.4 miles18 Goodfriend Drive
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
East Hampton, NY 11937
Pre-K-12, PG (day)
Grades: 9-12 | 775 students 30.6 miles582 Columbus Avenue
Thornwood, NY 10594
June 19, 2017
There are many reasons to go to boarding school. The academics, the athletics and the extracurricular activities are just a few considerations. Here are the 10 top reasons why you should go to boarding school.
June 03, 2017
Is boarding school right for you? Boarding schools offer a wealth of experiences in both learning and living which will do you well in later life.
June 03, 2017
Do you like large schools or small schools? Are you most comfortable in a city, small town or countryside? Are you interested in attending a school that has a religious or military orientation? Would you like to attend a school that is only for boys or girls? These are some questions you must ask yourself before you begin your search for the right U.S. boarding school for you.