2 Macleans roadBuck lands beach
Auckland 2014, New Zealand
Auckland 2014, New Zealand
- With a broad and comprehensive curriculum, paired with its retention of some of the region's leading instructors, and previous outstanding achievements, Macleans consistently produces adaptable students with the ability to take on the world.
- Macleans College is ranked as the top coeducational state school in New Zealand, and ranked third in New Zealand for students pursuing Csmbridge International Examinations.
- Macleans College focuses on turning out well-rounded members of society, with the three cornerstones of quality academics, service, and commitment to extra-curricular participation.
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|School Focus||College Preparatory|
|Grades (Boarding)||Grades 9-12, PG|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes|
|Campus Size||32 acres|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
Academics and Faculty
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:25|
|Number of AP Courses Offered||n/a|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$2 million|
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||5000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Director of Admissions||Patrick Lau|
- Macleans offers two academic pathways - New Zealand educational qualifications (NCEA) and Cambridge International Examinations
- Broad curriculum ranging from traditional subjects to comprehensive arts, sports, and vocational trades
- History of high achievement in math, sciences and fine arts
- Extensive extracurricular activities (over 100 clubs or groups)
- Located on 32 acres in a safe, idyllic, seaside setting with excellent facilities and modern technological capabilities. Located within a 15-minute ferry ride to city centre
- Extensive student support with house system, and caters for students of abilities ranging from accelerated programs to learning support programs, including English as a second language learners
- Police vetted homestay families, with high retention rate located close to school with regular evaluation and review throughout that year
- SAT testing centre
- Diverse student body
- Student support teams including international students, careers/university planning,and guidance departments
- Range of financial aid opportunities
- LD types supported: Dyslexia, dyspraxia, generalised learning difficulties
- Macleans College accreditations: NZ qualifications Authority, CAmbridge International Examination Board, Ministry of Education
- Submit Review for Macleans College
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 9-12 | 70 students 4756.9 milesSlovenska 477/5
Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic 36001
No shortcuts exist to filling the seats in your private school. It requires savvy, effective marketing. More here.
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
What makes some schools really better than others? What makes them the best schools?