- Maplebrook School is a independent, coeducational, international boarding and day school for students with complex learning differences and/or disorders-whose cognitive functions levels are from low-average to below avgerage.
- Maplebrook is two distinct programs: The Academy for students in middle and secondary school. The Institute for Collegiate and Career Studies for secondary school graduates, ages 1821.
- Maplebrook is NOT a theraputic setting or a transition program from a theraputic setting to a more traditional one.
- Experience has proven that character values such as trust, honesty, respect, citizenship, caring, fairness, faith, and responsibility contribute immensely to the future success of our students and are the backbone of our goal to "Educate the Heart".
- The Responsibility Increases Self Esteem (RISE) program provides the structure and support to make this possible. Students at Maplebrook are diverse, but within a short period of time they share a common goal-to overcome their challenges and become more independent.
- Our carefully crafted and nuanced programs improve each student's abilities in academics, peer-to-peer relationships, executive functioning, and independent living. These programs are designed to converge simultainiously and elevate the student's self-esteem and levels of success.
Top 20 Placements
All Schools Similar Size Schools
Maplebrook School is Listed among the top 20 boarding schools (out of 321 schools) for:
|Definition of Terms |
2018 School Data
|Maplebrook School||Boarding School Avg.|
|School Focus||College Prep||College Preparatory|
|Grades Offered||6-12, PG||7-12|
|Supports Learning Differences (LD)||Yes||Yes|
|Campus Size||100 acres||105 acres|
|Enrollment||100 students||300 students|
|% Students of Color|
|% International Students|
|% Students Boarding|
|Average SAT Score||n/a||* National Avg. »View|
|Offers Post-Grad Year||Yes||No|
Academics and Faculty
|Frequency of Saturday Classes||Weekly||Weekly|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Formal dress code for Academy students only.)
|Average Class Size||6 students||12|
*National School Avg. » 20
|Teacher : Student Ratio||1:4||1:7|
|ESL Courses Offered||Yes||Yes|
|% Faculty with Advanced Degree|
|Summer Program Offered||Yes||Yes|
|Endowment Size||$2 million||$20 million|
|Tuition international students||$66,000||$48,100|
(5 Day Boarding)
|% Students on Financial Aid|
|Avg. Financial Aid Grant||7000||$23,000|
|Merit Scholarships Offered||Yes||No|
|Application Deadline||None / Rolling||Jan. 15|
|Director of Admissions||Jeffrey L. Magnoli|
|# Interscholastic Sports Offered||13||15|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Freestyle Skiing, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball|
- All students with learning differences are not alike. Each has a unique and complicated pattern of strengths and weaknesses combining to form an individual learning style. Many students arrive at Maplebrook with skills too weak to allow success in a traditional middle/secondary school or post secondary/transition programs. Others are ready for middle/secondary school level academics but learn best in a setting recognizing their individual learning styles and strengthening their particular academic skills.This pattern of learning can affect students socially, emotionally, as well as academically. In most instances, the pattern of learning is neurologically based and is something an individual must learn accept in order to have a healthy, happy, and successful life.
- The student body at Maplebrook arrives with a wide variety of learning patterns and leave with a defined set of skills enabling them to better participate within our complex modern society. In recent years, our secondary level graduates have attended two-year college programs while most have attended our post-secondary program (ICCS) to further their knowledge and skills in various areas of career education. Maplebrook students are diverse in other respects as well. They range in age from eleven to twenty-one, come from across the United States, and around the world. They possess talents in drama, music, and sports and interests ranging from chess to environmental issues.
- LD types supported: Language based disabilities, central auditory processing, dyslexia, dysgraphia, expressive and receptive language disorders, ADD/ADHD
- Maplebrook School accreditations: New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS), Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- Submit Review for Maplebrook School
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Grades: 6-12, PG | 146 students 68.2 miles541 Long Beach Road
Saint James, NY 11780
- Grades: 8-12, PG | 180 students 39 miles314 Mountain Road
Cornwall on Hudson, NY 12520
- Grades: 9-12, PG | 165 students 7.3 miles476 Skiff Mountain Road
Kent, CT 06757
We explain how to make going off to boarding school your child's idea.
The quality of a summer camp depends very much on the quality and experience of the folks running it. When you select a summer program run by a boarding school, you are getting a program with experienced, well-organized professionals at the helm. More here.
An education consultant knows schools. Like any professional he has vast experience in and knowledge of his chosen field.